You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_4612.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_4615.JPG
2749922-I-DONT-ALWAYS-BUMP-A-THREAD-BUT-WHEN-I-DO-ITS-FOR-GOOD-REASON-STAY-THIRSTY-MY-FRIENDS.jpg
pb-life.jpg
x0vbF.jpg
homer-doh.jpg
image-3.jpg
Backglass.jpg
tumblr_mg70f8elcr1ra2zivo1_500.gif
IMG_4474.JPG
497b00421dd21f2fbbfadb07c5d73f08.jpg
207568-i-1-1.jpg
image-38.jpg
Phil-Thumbs-Up.gif
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

Come on.... I know there must be a King Kong or Kingpin hiding under a rock somewhere

#102 9 years ago

Friday Bump for the good ol' pinball easter egg hunt

#103 9 years ago

What you don't want the redemption pin? lol.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Come on.... I know there must be a King Kong or Kingpin hiding under a rock somewhere

The only Kingpin for sale out of Mass I've seen in 5+ years of collecting was sold by one of the most respected private dealers in the state. (yes, also a Pinsider--bit of brown nose there). Anyway...
He priced it at $60K Mint or NIB, and it was sold in less than 14 days.
What he got ???

This, actually, isn't a bullshit story, but I understand if you prefer to wait for corroboration from another Bruins fan.
It's the only time I've ever seen a pinball "realistically" priced over 50K.
I've seen TAF for $100K...but that's just stupid balogna..I mean..not a seriously priced pin or human.
THEY MADE 20,000 of those!! Not 9.
Wow..was my reaction.

Sorry if this was long...very interesting thread..first chime in.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

The only Kingpin for sale out of Mass I've seen in 5+ years of collecting was sold by one of the most respected private dealers in the state. (yes, also a Pinsider--bit of brown nose there). Anyway...
He priced it at $60K Mint or NIB, and it was sold in less than 14 days.
What he got ???
This, actually, isn't a bullshit story, but I understand if you prefer to wait for corroboration from another Bruins fan.
It's the only time I've ever seen a pinball "realistically" priced over 50K.

Not sure if I completely understood your post but I understand that an original Kingpin will probably bring 40k+ and am ready to buy it.

Now I just have to find a willing seller....

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What you don't want the redemption pin? lol.

Any rare collector would likely be interested in what is one of the more rare B/W titles. It is oddly fun and challenging.
I never could afford one but am glad there are 2 locally that I have been able to play.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Any rare collector would likely be interested in what is one of the more rare B/W titles. It is oddly fun and challenging.
I never could afford one but am glad there are 2 locally that I have been able to play.

I have very little interest in it myself, but I could potentially go to bat in trying to secure it if someone was very very interested...that's why I ask. If the place still even has it, I guarantee it's not getting much, if any play.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Not sure if I completely understood your post but I understand that an original Kingpin will probably bring 40k+ and am ready to buy it.
Now I just have to find a willing seller....

Yah, you understood the major point.
He priced it at 60K - sold it - final sales price was never disclosed.

Good luck in your search.
Looks like one hell of a pin. I have never seen or played.
I have played BBB, and found it great.

#109 9 years ago

The seller of the Kingpin allowed me to offer it out to a guy I knew that bought a Cactus Canyon from me, but he passed.
I'm thinking 40k isn't enough to land that one, and I know the one he sold in Mass was up near his asking and shortly sold.
As for King Kong, i had that one locked in and agreed at 12k over the phone with the owner - that is until the ebay auction became a circus. Not sure where it went.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

As for King Kong, i had that one locked in and agreed at 12k over the phone with the owner - that is until the ebay auction became a circus. Not sure where it went.

Ya, I reached out to the eBay seller and they weren't even sure it where it went, lol.

Still looking...

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

WOW. I'm sure glad to know that I wasn't all that crazy after all when I purchased mine and there is a high dollar demand for the game still.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#112 9 years ago

Still looking... Have had a few leads and spoke with a few owners but nothing solid yet. Thanks for all your help up to this point guys (and gals) !

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from akm:

So according to prior posts in this thread, Cyclopes should fetch no more than $1,500? Just curious. I know someone that has one (and they are willing to sell), but they want pretty much double that price. At first I thought it was high, but then I thought maybe it's not since it IS pretty uncommon. I would like to eventually get this game, but I obviously wouldn't want to overpay. It was one of the first solid states I really got into and think it's a great game (I had the luxury of it being on location at the place I first began playing pinball at a few years back, so I've played it a lot).
Oh, and free bump for the OP. Not that he really needed it.

remember, in pinball. Rarity doesn't automatically mean valuable.

Some rules in pinball collecting is different than most collectible markets.

1. newer is usually more valuable than the vary old (DMD and newer takes priority over SS/EM)
2. Production numbers don't always come into play (wildly produced usually means great game everyone wants)

again, condition is king as well. If it looks like it came out of the box. It will go for double or triple what the normal players condition will sell for.

#114 9 years ago

Well said Neo. I'm with you, it all boils down to condition. HUO or routed doesn't even matter sometimes, I've seen HUO trash and routed gems.

#115 9 years ago

Helped unload this gem TJ brought for play at Pin A Go Go this weekend in Dixon, CA.

Jammed a few games and really enjoyed battling some mobsters

Still on the hunt for one to purchase guys

IMG_4612.JPGIMG_4612.JPG

IMG_4613.JPGIMG_4613.JPG

IMG_4615.JPGIMG_4615.JPG

#116 9 years ago

well damn. there is something I havn't played yet. Wouldn't mind putting some time on that one. I'd be worried hauling something like that around. One accident would ruin everything. Plus I don't know if insurance would cover it. I don't think they cover contents inside the vehicle. That thing is worth 25 of my vans. It's like a van hauling a ferrari inside it.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well damn. there is something I havn't played yet. Wouldn't mind putting some time on that one. I'd be worried hauling something like that around. One accident would ruin everything. Plus I don't know if insurance would cover it. I don't think they cover contents inside the vehicle. That thing is worth 25 of my vans. It's like a van hauling a ferrari inside it.

TJ is awesome - brings it to most of the big local shows to share.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

TJ is awesome - brings it to most of the big local shows to share.

Yes he is! It's the only Kingpin that goes to shows!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That thing is worth 25 of my vans. It's like a van hauling a ferrari inside it.

Haha! Truth!

#119 9 years ago

The only time I ever saw a Kingpin was at the Ohio show many years ago. I was new to pinball and wasn't familiar with the game at the time, so I didn't even play it!

#120 9 years ago

Kingpin is great, would much rather see that remade than BBB.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The only time I ever saw a Kingpin was at the Ohio show many years ago. I was new to pinball and wasn't familiar with the game at the time, so I didn't even play it!

LOL! That was me at California Extreme years ago. It was sitting right next to BBB and I don't think I played either of them. Doh!

#122 9 years ago

I had a chance to buy one about 6 years ago. I offered $30k and thought that would do it. Seller countered at $50k and said he wouldn't come off that #. I figured the best case scenario there was $40k, if the seller was more flexible than his initial announcement (which is often the case). I dropped out. It took a lot of impulsive stupidity (IMO) to agree to pay $30k for a pin. i wasn't about to pay more.

#123 9 years ago

30K? and still said no. If I would have owned it, it would have been all yours. I didn't even pay 30k for my entire pinball collection.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

30K? and still said no. If I would have owned it, it would have been all yours. I didn't even pay 30k for my entire pinball collection.

I offered one KP owner I found 35k as a starting point to discuss price and he basically laughed in my face and said "we're not even in the same ball park". I was honestly floored. It seems that money is no object to KP owners.

#125 9 years ago

and they probably got them dirt cheap too. I know when capcom was closing it's doors, if you had the contacts, those games only cost you about 3k if you wanted it. If only to know the right people back then.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

That was me at California Extreme years ago. It was sitting right next to BBB and I don't think I played either of them.

Glad to see I am not alone on this. Lucky for me, there are 3 collectors near me that have BBB, so I can play it as much as just about any other pin. I would love to get another chance at KP, though.

#127 9 years ago

Memorial day bump! Could really use an Iron Maiden...

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I know when capcom was closing it's doors, if you had the contacts, those games only cost you about 3k

One even got left in the old Capcom building.

LTG : )™

#129 9 years ago

How about a Flipper Football instead ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#130 9 years ago

Hope you can find your kingpin. My son surly enjoyed the one in PAGG!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#131 9 years ago
Quoted from s2k4ary:

Hope you can find your Kingpin. My son surly enjoyed the one in PAGG!

Yes! I helped TJ unload it. Always love getting in a good game of KP

Quoted from LTG:

One even got left in the old Capcom building. LTG : )™

Well Lloyd, you down for a little B & E ?

#132 9 years ago

I am going to restore an IM pf that I have had for about 12 years. It is in the shop right now. Though it does have a name on it for first choice, it is never a done deal.
I am also going to do a beautiful stern viper that I just got. Both will be for sale when done, and no I don't have prices until they are done.

#133 9 years ago

Good lord, I honestly had no idea that a pinball machine could ever command that high of a price. If I had a Kingpin and someone offered me $30k for it, I would deliver it to them personally anywhere in the US with the biggest grin on my face. Hell at $50k, thats almost as much as I make in a year. Thats incredible...

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

Good lord, I honestly had no idea that a pinball machine could ever command that high of a price. If I had a Kingpin and someone offered me $30k for it, I would deliver it to them personally anywhere in the US with the biggest grin on my face. Hell at $50k, thats almost as much as I make in a year. Thats incredible...

My guess is that the guys who actually own Kingpin have bowls in their house that say "Need $100, take $100. Have $100, leave $100".

I too was laughed at when I mentioned $25K a few years back. That's when I knew I had to win the Lottery to ever get a chance at buying a Kingpin.

Marcus

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My guess is that the guys who actually own Kingpin have bowls in their house that say "Need $100, take $100. Have $100, leave $100".
I too was laughed at when I mentioned $25K a few years back. That's when I knew I had to win the Lottery to ever get a chance at buying a Kingpin.
Marcus

Ya, so the problem in locating a KP is that most owners don't want to sell and money is simply not a motivator. 10k, 50k, 100k ? They don't need your money. Also, over time as KP's change hands, they get more and more "locked down" in a collection...

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

right there with you. for 50k, i'd hand deliver it as well.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

right there with you. for 50k, i'd hand deliver it as well.

You'd have to! Who in the hell would trust a rare gem like Kingpin to NAVL?

I just cringe at the thought of forklifts around something like that....

#138 9 years ago

There's got to be an Iron Maiden & Cosmic Princess hangin' around somewhere collecting dust.

Drop me a message

#139 9 years ago

Added Stargate to the list. While not rare it will be real sweet if I can find a local one to the east coast or a 2 pin deal from somewhere else around the country to save on shipping

2 weeks later
#140 9 years ago

*BUMP*

Still on the hunt for a sweet Stargate / Maiden & Cosmic Princess

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-cyclopes-mystery-castle-iron-maiden-stern-kingpin-king-kong/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.