• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Subject pretty much sums it up.

PDI used to sell these, but I just looked on their CV page and it doesn't appear that they still do. So, I'm looking for one that somebody may have picked up and never used.

Pic/example: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=09145b335a9114f9&id=9145B335A9114F9%21148

PM me with any details/leads.

Thanks!!

#2 5 years ago

That's the one I have in my CV, as I had the metal one first and the first time the ring master came up it caught it and bent it all up. I had it centered but with it on that spring it just moved to much. So I went with the plastic one and has worked just fine ever since.
I can not remember where I got it from. I am thinking orbit pinball.
Good luck in your search.

#3 5 years ago

Definitely the best one I have seen, hopefully one turns up for you.

#4 5 years ago

First it was me (I designed and made them), then I gave the rights to Frank @ orbit. then I assume he sold the rights to PDI. If you get no joy I can see if the manufacturer I used still has any gathering dust (but I doubt it). i may still have a drawing of it somewhere but that was 10 years ago!

#5 5 years ago

Its a great 2 piece improvement to CV.The hole protector and the top ringmaster plate work very well together.
I bought mine 4 years ago and doing a search just now brings up nothing.These need to be re run.A rather simple nondescript two plastic piece set.The wow decal is available from Little shop of Games.

#6 5 years ago

Hi,
I'm also looking for such a CV ringmaster protector as user mrbillishere.
Thanks for any further details.

#7 5 years ago

I asked the manufacturer but they don't have any so what's out there is it. I have no intention of making any. Sorry.

#8 5 years ago

@epotech, just curious what would it take to resurrect the drawings and/or recreate them with some differences?

You know how everything seems to be printed with a 3D printer these days?

I was thinking maybe this would work and allow us to run them as one-offs or in a small batch.

#9 5 years ago

3d print won't work. These were made in a special wear resistant plastic. I will try to find the drawing and if so will let you have that.

#10 5 years ago

When i bought the last available green protector about a year ago i was told they don't make them any more because the production cost for the hole collar is so high that no profit can be made with these. Originally wanted a yellow one, came to late, very happy with the green one now.

#11 5 years ago

Yeah, I hope I can get one of these someday too.

3 years later
#12 2 years ago

Did anyone ever figure out how to get the plastic version?

2 weeks later
#13 2 years ago

I'm willing to pay for this mod if anyone has one to sell. I understand you may not want to part with an extra one, but I will compensate fairly based on the rarity. Pm me if you would consider selling one.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside