Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-191.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#52 9 years ago

That's kind of a cheap shot, I think. What he says is correct, whether he owns one or not. They've already gone up about 50% in the past couple years, and it's rare to find one under 3k right now. I'll only start talking about selling mine at 5k...but I did a pantload of work on it.

Other machines are appreciating as well, and there are many of them that Skyemont and I don't own.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Exactly. Hate price pumpers...

he is not price bumping he is only telling the truth. and he has a game for trade instead of pissing him off try to work a deal with him be diplomatic

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's kind of a cheap shot, I think. What he says is correct, whether he owns one or not. They've already gone up about 50% in the past couple years, and it's rare to find one under 3k right now. I'll only start talking about selling mine at 5k...but I did a pantload of work on it.
Other machines are appreciating as well, and there are many of them that Skyemont and I don't own.

It's not a cheap shot. It's the other side of the coin. People should know when a price cheerleader is motivated by what's in his own collection. I personally think that making statements such as "X game is sure to rise in value" is complete lunacy regardless of who's saying it, but I find it distasteful when the person doesn't mention their stake in wanting it to be true.

2000 units made? Yup.

Great game? I'd say "very good", but clearly that's a matter of taste.

Increasing popularity? I'd say no. The Congo frenzy, from my observations, peaked a few years ago. This is when I bought and then pretty quickly sold mine. (Hey look, some disclosure!)

Sure to increase in price? I suggest there is no such thing. I'll also suggest that the wave of recent popularity is already baked into the price at which Congos currently change hands.

#55 9 years ago

Fair enough. Time will tell!

#56 9 years ago

according to this thread Congos are not currently changing hands. my guess the people that have them don't want to let them go!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Great game? I'd say "very good", but clearly that's a matter of taste.
Increasing popularity? I'd say no. The Congo frenzy, from my observations, peaked a few years ago. This is when I bought and then pretty quickly sold mine. (Hey look, some disclosure!)
Sure to increase in price? I suggest there is no such thing. I'll also suggest that the wave of recent popularity is already baked into the price at which Congos currently change hands.

^wishes he'd held onto it longer.

#58 9 years ago

I have no stake in the change of value in Congo as it really and truely is a keeper for me.

TAF, Congo, FT, Centaur, TX-sector are all forever keepers in my collection and I feel very fortunate to have nice examples of each.

Congo prices will continue to go way up. One of the few games that is still greatly undervalued in my opinion. Everyone that comes and plays mine and actually gets a feel for the game really likes it. They also quickly realize that Tron ripped off the pf layout and geometry for good reason >> it is just plain fun to shoot!

Good luck in your continueed hunt for a Congo I would suggest tossing a little extra cash at one and getting it sooner rather than later. It really is a relatively rare title from that era and super fun.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

^wishes he'd held onto it longer.

Not at all. Very happy two of my friends got to enjoy it after me. In case anyone's wondering, it's currently at the Sanctum in CT.

#60 9 years ago

One of the things I love best about congo is that it's theme is fun and laid back, but not cheesy. I somewhat don't like serious themes. My shadow might bite the dust soon because of this...

#61 9 years ago

We almost sold ours a couple of weeks ago to make room for something else - but that something else unexpectedly fell through. Just as well. I think selling Congo would have been a big mistake (not ready to part with it yet).

I will say that the number of potential buyers who contacted me was high...

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

We almost sold ours a couple of weeks ago to make room for something else - but that something else unexpectedly fell through. Just as well. I think selling Congo would have been a big mistake (not ready to part with it yet).
I will say that the number of potential buyers who contacted me was high...

Sell it to Syco so he'll stop bumping this dumb thread.

Bump

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

One of the things I love best about congo is that it's theme is fun and laid back, but not cheesy. I somewhat don't like serious themes. My Shadow might bite the dust soon because of this...

Lots of people still on the hunt for TS as well. One of my favorites.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Good luck in your continueed hunt for a Congo I would suggest tossing a little extra cash at one and getting it sooner rather than later. It really is a relatively rare title from that era and super fun.

Thanks. I am patient and will just let it drop for now. Sure one will come up when I am not looking as hard. I recently revised my price.

#65 9 years ago

There is one on EBAY right now for $4,000 and one that ended and did not sell for 3,795 that looks nice. Not sure what your price range is but this looks to be getting close to the norm. I would not sell my Congo for less than 4k.

#66 9 years ago

I'm moving mine down to the basement this weekend. So if there's a mishap with the Escalera, I'll sell you mine cheap!

#67 9 years ago

Mine is for sale for $5K. It's a beautiful restored example with a clearcoated playfield and no cabinet fade.

#68 9 years ago

Mine is less than $4K. Hit me up!

#69 9 years ago

Yep. Sounds to me like pricing on this machine is really bombing out.

And Syco...you won't have to bump anymore. We'll do it for you!

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

scylla on here (toronto based) mentioned selling his on the canada thread.

Scylla has girly bits

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Mine is less than $4K. Hit me up!

Most people tell me Congo is in the 2's. I have not seen this price. Anyone else?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Most people tell me Congo is in the 2's. I have not seen this price. Anyone else?

I paid $1800 for mine around 1.5 years ago. Needed some work, but only slightly below average for what you'd expect.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from matthewra:

Scylla has girly bits

You would know.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I paid $1800 for mine around 1.5 years ago. Needed some work, but only slightly below average for what you'd expect.

Recently. Within last 3 months.

#75 9 years ago

Some one stumbled on one in a barn or something in the high teens but it was rough.

#76 9 years ago

I think demanding evidence that Congo is a $5000 game in a dude's WTB thread is a dick move, but maybe I'm just weird.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

There is one on EBAY right now for $4,000 and one that ended and did not sell for 3,795 that looks nice. Not sure what your price range is but this looks to be getting close to the norm. I would not sell my Congo for less than 4k.

There's one in the market place for 3300, shameless for me to say this since its mine.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I think demanding evidence that Congo is a $5000 game in a dude's WTB thread is a dick move, but maybe I'm just weird.

I sincerely offered my extremely nice one for $5K. Is that a dick move?

#79 9 years ago

I don't think it's a dick move your offering . And cole may throw a crayola crayon set in with his sounds like a fun way to join the Congo club!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I sincerely offered my extremely nice one for $5K. Is that a dick move?

Nobody elected me thread captain, but...no, not a dick move.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

So then why are you demanding evidence? I simply said I wouldn't talk about parting with mine for less than 5k, but I'm not even talking about it because it's not going anywhere.

My timing was off...back in May I offered to buy Colehvac's machine, but he was only entertaining trade offers at that time. So I found one for $2900. I've put about $2000 into mine and love it, hence the high price tag.

But if I were you, Syco, I'd be jumping all over this machine Colehvac has. If you don't like the black and white, I know a nice place to get some color decals if you're handy doing that sort of thing.

I sincerely hope you find one, and soon. I really do think prices will climb on this one, so don't be too picky! Get one and pimp it out like I did...you'll be glad you did.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So then why are you demanding evidence? I simply said I wouldn't talk about parting with mine for less than 5k, but I'm not even talking about it because it's not going anywhere.

Sorry for the miscommunication. I wasn't referring to you.

#83 9 years ago

As much as I love my Congo I would trade it for a met pro or TWDpro.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

As much as I love my Congo I would trade it for a met pro or TWDpro.

Plus cash, of course.

And oh, by the way...Syco is still looking for a Congo. Anybody?

#85 9 years ago

I did say pro not Le I'd ad cash for LE or premium

#86 9 years ago

I just payed between 4-5k for for a restored CC'd Congo. Selling a low run game that is restored for a high price is not a dick move. If someone wants a game in that condition they will pay for it. I did and have before for excellent examples of 20 year old machines.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

There's one in the market place for 3300, shameless for me to say this since its mine.

I think this is a brilliant move. The price is fair.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think this is a brilliant move. The price is fair.

image.jpg 16 KB

This would be well played and you get to color it too. Fun!

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

This would be well played and you get to color it too. Fun!

There are collectors that like the b&w versions better because there are less of them. I could see the issue if it was a one game collection.If your game is in between other games there is no issue. I know you can get decals in color for these games.

#90 9 years ago

Never said it was an issue just said it would be fun to color it because that's what I would do !

#91 9 years ago

I have a black and white but don't care. It's a Congo.

#92 9 years ago

I would color it be cause I like to color. Stay between the lines the lines are your friends !

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have a black and white but don't care. It's a Congo.

As long as the art is not peeling off I really do not care. Having said that the art on my Truck Stop is peeling so I bought a set of decals for it. I would prefer the color version but meh, it is not too noticeable in a collection.

#94 9 years ago

Mine is not pealing. If it does I will put new decals on. I am working on black powder coating it now. Legs, lock down, side rails, etc.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Mine is not pealing. If it does I will put new decals on. I am working on black powder coating it now. Legs, lock down, side rails, etc.

I do not go crazy on that stuff. As long as a game looks decent and plays well I am happy. Maybe one day I will change my mind but I would rather have more games than a few modded out.

#96 9 years ago

U can see a little of my Congo to the left. :lol

image.jpgimage.jpg

#98 9 years ago

#99 9 years ago

Thought this was a WTB Congo thread?

#100 9 years ago

Looking at your pic Ido like them with color cab better

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-congo-at-york-or-expo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.