Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinbub
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

084FCE04-F1F7-4F5B-897F-15EEA8646185 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

WTB Classic Stern drop Targets

Added: 2021-05-05 13:13:57 UTC • Ended: May 6th, 2021

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

I am doing a complete restore on a Meteor. Looking for original Classic Stern Chicklet drop targets for it. I have decals already so they don't necessarily have to be from a meteor. I can paint and redecal as needed. Not a fan of the repros.

Thanks
    Mike

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are nocreditdot's market stats.

silver Seller

nocreditdot has Pinside Silver seller status!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to nocreditdot's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Blandon, PA, US

#3 2 years ago

Have you guys contacted Steve Young, The Pinball Resource? I thought Steve was making repros of classic Stern drop targets.

#4 2 years ago

Not the chiclet type. And his flattop repros aren't correct (requiring shimming) Last time someone talked to him about it (granted this is over 10 years ago) he said the mold for the drops only had one usable well, and it's very expensive to retool.

Not sure how that makes the targets shorter than they're supposed to be, but they are. Not sure what plastic they're using either, because the repros brick. That's one of the reasons I suspect nocreditdot wants originals. Bricking targets=no fun

#5 2 years ago

Absolutely correct. The repros brick and aren’t quite the same size. The last meteor I did I was able to get the repros to work. However this game I will be keeping and would like the best possible game play.

Mike

Quoted from slochar:

Not the chiclet type. And his flattop repros aren't correct (requiring shimming) Last time someone talked to him about it (granted this is over 10 years ago) he said the mold for the drops only had one usable well, and it's very expensive to retool.
    Not sure how that makes the targets shorter than they're supposed to be, but they are. Not sure what plastic they're using either, because the repros brick. That's one of the reasons I suspect nocreditdot wants originals. Bricking targets=no fun

#6 2 years ago

I found 12 of em! Just need 3 more.. Anyone?

#7 2 years ago

Those ones with the wide top hoods on the center bank of my Lightning brick sometimes on hard hits. And Lightning really hammers that bank. Someday I'm gonna bear down on them and experiment on how to make them stop it. Stiffen them by epoxying metal rods along the side... fill empty space in them with epoxy... add slanted ribs in the back of the target face so when it hits the rubber ring it also puts downward force on the target. Somethin'. Somethin's got to work. Stiffer springs helped but not much.

#8 2 years ago

Do you have a photo of these drop targets? I think i have still some NOS ones.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from nocreditdot:

I found 12 of em! Just need 3 more.. Anyone?

Holy crap. Who has 12???
    Please dear lord can’t someone reverse engineer a mold for us so we can have GOOD CHICLET TARGETS? The bricking on Seawitch repros piss me off

#10 2 years ago

I found this pic on IPDB which shows them.

Quoted from knazzo:

Do you have a photo of these drop targets? I think i have still some NOS ones.

084FCE04-F1F7-4F5B-897F-15EEA8646185 (resized).png084FCE04-F1F7-4F5B-897F-15EEA8646185 (resized).png
    #11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Holy crap. Who has 12???
    Please dear lord can’t someone reverse engineer a mold for us so we can have GOOD CHICLET TARGETS? The bricking on Seawitch repros piss me off

THIS!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-classic-stern-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.