4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by chubtoad13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Classic Stern Backglass locking mechanism and upper trim

Added: December 17th, 2018 Ended: January 1st, 2019

Item description

I have a Stingray that is missing the Backglass lock mechanism and doesn’t have the metal trim on the top of the glass.

It’s probably the same for all classic Sterns. Please PM me if you have either or both.

Thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Victor, NY, US

Seller insights

These are chubtoad13's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to chubtoad13's stats page

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Ad listing: Classic Stern Backglass locking mechanism and upper trim

Earlier Stern games did not use the same type of set up that the later ones did. The "tabs" to lock the backglass in were on the locking bar which moves via the lock / key, much like the style that Bally used. Check out the pic here - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2377&picno=53115&zoom=1.

Jim

#4 4 months ago

I have one last classic Stern backglass locking mechanism.

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

Earlier Stern games did not use the same type of set up that the later ones did. The "tabs" to lock the backglass in were on the locking bar which moves via the lock / key, much like the style that Bally used. Check out the pic here - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2377&picno=53115&zoom=1.
Jim

I assumed all the classic Sterns had the same locking mech. The one I need is the key on the side with the moving bar.
The other part my Backglass is missing is the metal trim on top of the Backglass.

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I assumed all the classic Sterns had the same locking mech. The one I need is the key on the side with the moving bar.
The other part my Backglass is missing is the metal trim on top of the Backglass.

The earlier ones do not use the metal piece on top of the backglass. Look at the link I provided above.

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

The earlier ones do not use the metal piece on top of the backglass. Look at the link I provided above.

Ok thanks. Is there something that stops those 2 tabs from rubbing on the Backglass?

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Ok thanks. Is there something that stops those 2 tabs from rubbing on the Backglass?

The plastic trim that is placed on the outside of the glass.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

The plastic trim that is placed on the outside of the glass.

Mine only has that on the sides, so I’ll have to get another piece for the top edge before I install the locking mech.
Thanks!

1 week later
#10 3 months ago

Found what I needed. Thanks!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside