9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kbliznick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Considering starting a new project, and would like to start with the cheapest (working) Stern SAM based machine I can find. Cosmetics are not important, just would like the boards to be solid. I am in Southern Oregon, and would prefer it so be driving distance for cost-sake, but I could be open to shipping.

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from kumanaga:

Considering starting a new project, and would like to start with the cheapest (working) Stern SAM based machine I can find. Cosmetics are not important, just would like the boards to be solid. I am in Southern Oregon, and would prefer it so be driving distance for cost-sake, but I could be open to shipping.

If it's for a P-ROC project, the cheapest WPC machine is probably a lot less...

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

If it's for a P-ROC project, the cheapest WPC machine is probably a lot less...

If it's for an aquarium, I recommend just getting an actual aquarium. There are pretty cheap used ones on Craigslist all the time.

#4 9 years ago

It sounds like someone looking to buy a machine cheaper than an entire boardset and he's parting it out.

Quoted from kumanaga:

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

It sounds like someone looking to buy a machine cheaper than an entire boardset and he's parting it out.

That's often viable....

See Hurricane for reference.

#6 9 years ago

WPT is probably going to be your best bet. It gets the least love

#7 9 years ago

Congo and NBA Fastbreak machines were the go to games to destroy for parts for their era...

Quoted from Mocean:

That's often viable....

See Hurricane for reference.

#8 9 years ago

Actually looking for a game to convert the theme on. I will probably modify the playfield layout a bit as well. I did this with a water damaged Genesis a long time ago, but I would like to tackle something modern. With the availability of Pinball Browser I now feel it may be feasible for me.

#9 9 years ago

If you are looking for just the boardset , try finding a Simpsons Kooky Carnival redemption game.
    Worked on one of these the other day and was shocked to find a full SAM system in it. I was expecting the whitestar boards.

It had the full 4 board set (CPU, Driver,DMD and display power). Plus a shaker motor and shaker motor board.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-cheapest-stern-sam-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.