Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by j_m_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have all of the parts to start knocking out my CQ restoration, but would love to put an original NOS hologram in this machine when it's done.

if you own one and want to sell it (and make some serious money in the process), contact me. note: the hologram has to be an original, new old stock, never been used piece.

I know the odds of finding one of these are slim to none, but it can't hurt to try

#2 6 years ago

What are they running these days 800 ish?!?

#3 6 years ago

I vote to put in the LCD monitor instead of the hologram, I just saw that mod the other day for the first time on here and WOW

#5 6 years ago

Yep...mine is sitting in the box waiting to be installed!

Planetary had some of the repros, not sure if they still do.

NOS...at least $800 IF you can find them. I believe I saw one recently go for over a grand!

#6 6 years ago

I don't take anything away from the repop work done, because it's a great alternative and asset to the community. However if he is doing a cq resto there just is no substitute for factory Nos. In many instances the differences in say reproduction plastic sets or ramps are so minuscule it wouldn't matter. But the hologram is a different story at present time.

#7 6 years ago

Personally I would steer away from the PPS remake. I ordered the Pinball Mike D video mod and couldn't be happier.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Yep...mine is sitting in the box waiting to be installed!
Planetary had some of the repros, not sure if they still do.
NOS...at least $800 IF you can find them. I believe I saw one recently go for over a grand!

Be careful if hologram still in the plastic...or even if not lots of disasters over the years. Hopefully yours is good!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Be careful if hologram still in the plastic...or even if not lots of disasters over the years. Hopefully yours is good!

Not a hologram...I have one of Mike's LCD mods ready to go!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

You'll be MUCH happier with it!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Great!

There were quite few horror stories of the holograms that were put away turning all red or just ruined. Fun game and I like the theme...no longer have the game. I had installed one one of those holograms that came w/ the upgrade light. Forgot what I paid but somewhere in the $450-$500 range...had to have one as mine was getting blue-er and couldn't live w/it. : ). I remember reading about the horror stories and went to check mine which I had stored in a dark/cool closet. Opened the box hologram was in still wrapped in plastic and it smelled like the chemical you would rub on the old Poloroid pics after you took them(if anybody reading is old enough to remember that stuff : ) and thought....uh-oh, but luckily hologram was fine.

#12 6 years ago

still looking for an "original" NOS hologram. I'm not interested in any of the alternatives for this project

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside