2012-10-13_13-37-12_69.jpg
IMG_1564.JPG
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_6021.jpg
Screen_Shot_2012-10-13_at_8.58.51_PM.png
Centaur_CPR_2.JPG
Screen_Shot_2012-10-13_at_9.21.32_AM.png
#1 11 years ago

The recent thread on Centaur had me missing mine, should have never sold it, so a friend of mine hooked me up with a nice project Centaur 1 that I plan on restoring. It's down to the wood in most of the middle of the playfield, so I need a playfield badly! I'm going to start stripping the cabinet this weekend and this will be an amazing machine when I'm done- If I can find a playfield to finish it all off.

PM me with what you have, which run it's from, where you are located, and price.

Thanks!!

#2 11 years ago

Well i have a new CPR im about to put in my Centaur 2 but the original PF is still very nice no apparent wear except for the yellowing if that will help you.
Pm me an email and i can send you pictures of it.
otherwise here is a link to my FB album for centaur that shows some pics of the PF
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.320964187914022.91700.100000013296832&type=3
I have already done some work to my new PF filled in the artwork and recleared it to get rid of the shrinkage from cpr fill in the art and frosted the inserts so im going to keep the new one.
But Marco has some for sale at the moment for $1300

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Well i have a new CPR im about to put in my Centaur 2 but the original PF is still very nice no apparent wear except for the yellowing if that will help you.
Pm me an email and i can send you pictures of it.
otherwise here is a link to my FB album for centaur that shows some pics of the PF
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.320964187914022.91700.100000013296832&type=3
I have already done some work to my new PF filled in the artwork and recleared it to get rid of the shrinkage from cpr fill in the art and frosted the inserts so im going to keep the new one.
But Marco has some for sale at the moment for $1300

Pm sent, thanks!

Still interested in a repro though, not paying Marco's price (that's crazy).

#4 11 years ago

Nowdays i think you might have to suck it up and pay since the market dried up on the cpr playfields.

Fathome cpr just sold $1150 this week last centaur cpr on ebay went for $1280 its sucks just the way it now that they have been boughten up currently a medusa oem on ebay and the guy want $1400.

As far as my original it is very nice needs insert decals chemical cleaning and clearcoating but mine prolly wont get changed out till sometime this winter. if you look at the pics i mailed you i changed a few insert decals awhile ago but they are laminated and do afect gameplay slightly so i stopped and would remove em all and get the ink up and clear them in.

#5 11 years ago

Screen_Shot_2012-10-13_at_9.21.32_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2012-10-13_at_9.21.32_AM.png$1280? $1400? Crazy talk IMO. Don't overpay for a used one, either! Here's a new CPR that just sold 2 months ago on ebay for $730.

Don't overpay for a used one, either. I couldn't imagine doing all that work to do the swap and throwing in a yellowed used playfield.

// Error: Image 48116 not found //

#6 11 years ago

LOL if you come across another centaur cpr for that price ill buy a 2nd myself.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

LOL if you come across another centaur cpr for that price ill buy a 2nd myself.

Maybe not at that price, but I've seen them at $900. They are out there, you just have to be patient. How much did you pay for yours? If you pay Marco's price, you're overpaying big time, period. For their price it should be professionally cleared and gone over by one of the well known playfield CC's.

How much you asking for your used PF? Of course the higher the price is for the CPR's the higher the price is for a used one, right?

#8 11 years ago

Well this ebay listing is just fluke typicly nowdays they are over $1000 when they come up i been watching these the last few years until i got mine out of CPR's last run but i have seen them sell as high as $1400.
marco is kinda funny since the playfields they have are strait from CPR and they only paid up to $599 each for theirs lol a markup like that a guy could make some real $$ lol

#9 11 years ago

I bought a CPR playfield earlier this year from an RGP'er for $750 plus shipping. I'm not selling as I'm going to be swapping it into my CII this Winter, but thought it might provide a frame of reference as far as pricing is concerned.

#10 11 years ago

$1280? $1400? Crazy talk IMO. Don't overpay for a used one, either! Here's a new CPR that just sold 2 months ago on ebay for $730.
Don't overpay for a used one, either. I couldn't imagine doing all that work to do the swap and throwing in a yellowed used playfield.

that was my playfield! (those are my pictures)
i sold the entire machine and the playfield to my good friend, he decided not to keep the machine and he was left with the playfield, all he wanted was to get his money back.
that playfield was perfect in every way.

Centaur_CPR_2.JPGCentaur_CPR_2.JPG

#11 11 years ago

yeah unfortunately centaur playfields don't come cheap or often. I have only seen a couple under a grand in the past couple years. I am kicking myself for not buying a repo before I had a Centaur pinball when they were only 600. I just didn't think I was ever gonna have the actual pin and didn't want to spend money on just a playfield. Boy was I dumb. Thankfully my playfield is in pretty good shape but I still wouldn't mind getting a repo or perhaps getting it restored.

#12 11 years ago

Yeah about 3 years or so ago i contacted CPR then after a long extended wait i did get one of the last 20 they made unfortunately after a year sitting in the box the clear looked terrible so i still had to sand it down touch it up and reclear it again anyway lol rediculous for a $700 order.
i got around to reclearing it about 2-3 weeks ago at least now it will be a nice glasslike PF but i suppose it gave me an opportunity to fill in and get rid of all the wooded rings around everything just a shame a guy had to goto the trouble with a supposad drop in replacement, i could even see and feel the sanding grain on the wood.

#13 11 years ago

C'mon people...don't fuel the fire of spiralling pinball prices. Talking about how stuff is fetching crazy money these days is the best way to continue driving them up. This particular playfield was re-run by CPR and when it was, you could have bought a ton of them. I casually got on the list and they still had a bunch available.

Personally, when i decided I was not going to use mine, I sold it to a fellow pin collector for the $650 I paid for it...and that was just a little over a year ago. But maybe that's just me. Never even crossed my mind to put it on eBay and try to make another $200 for doing nuthin'. That's not why I bought it, so why would I ?

I've always hated speculating and I always will.

#14 11 years ago

Don't be surprised that these will be re-run in 2013 in a small batch

#15 11 years ago

Well when i bought mine i was informed by i believe kevin was his name the last ones made a year or so ago will be the last ever i guess the only reason they ran the last ones is to get some type of reward.
they are better than the beat to hell ones but the artwork at least on mine is not as detailed as the original. i have a realy nice original PF in my machine and the artwark has alot better detail than the CPR esp. noticeable in the red light bonus circle the lines are missing in the wheel area etc so the repro pf isnt the quality of the original but i havnt seen the first run either maybe they were better?

Yeah price increases like what marco has done isnt right but the market is what it is, it sucks for alot of us but if say the only replacement available is going to cost you $1200 you have to pay or go without if someone else is willing to pay it the prices they will be up there.
Fortunatly some of us poorboys can restore them but whats the average guy going to do that cant?

#16 11 years ago

Um, don't look now, but Marco just sold out! Wonder what the deal is, did this thread cause that much interest?

Screen_Shot_2012-10-13_at_8.58.51_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2012-10-13_at_8.58.51_PM.png

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Um, don't look now, but Marco just sold out! Wonder what the deal is, did this thread cause that much interest?

He has been sold out for quite a while. I was looking at PFs from Marco 2 weeks ago and Centaur was sold out then.

#18 11 years ago

I have a CPR final run pf. I also have a recently acquired HUO Centaur. The original art, and the repro art are quite different. The color of the original appears more parchment, off-white. The repro: stark white, and yes, missing just a little detail in the bonus wheel (fine lines primarily between 4 and 6 bonus wheel values), but otherwise gorgeous in every way.

IMG_6021.jpgIMG_6021.jpg IMG_1586.jpgIMG_1586.jpg IMG_1564.JPGIMG_1564.JPG

#19 11 years ago

mnpinball, details? how does one get on the list for the small batch?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

mnpinball, details? how does one get on the list for the small batch?

I'd be surprised if this is true, I've been back and forth with CPR and they've stated in the past that they'd never do another run of Centaur (but I couldn't get a reason why this is). From how it was said, I don't know it it was because of licensing or another reason.

#21 11 years ago

I've got a Centaur II with a triple whammy: bad playfield, bad cabinet, and missing backglass. As a result I'm probably going to re-theme mine, but if I could come up with the parts reasonably priced, I might rebuild. I just don't see putting more into it than it's worth getting it restored.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I have a CPR final run pf. I also have a recently acquired HUO Centaur. The original art, and the repro art are quite different. The color of the original appears more parchment, off-white. The repro: stark white, and yes, missing just a little detail in the bonus wheel (fine lines primarily between 4 and 6 bonus wheel values), but otherwise gorgeous in every way.

Beautiful game; I am guessing the coloring difference in the whites could be attributed to aging, many centaurs are way more yellowed than yours!

I remember one playfield repro that was color matched to a NOS (but emphasis on the OLD part), and at least one color had shifted significantly over time. This resulted in the entire run of playfield essentially being pre-aged, which was a shame.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'd be surprised if this is true, I've been back and forth with CPR and they've stated in the past that they'd never do another run of Centaur

They also said they would never do another widebody playfield, but that did not last very long.

Remember that it takes A LOT of setup to run a playfield. Screens need to be burned, inks need to be ordered, wood routed, inserts ordered.

All that work pays off if they have 100s to run.

If there are only 30 people who need a playfield, they would lose money - better to spend the same time making a playfield that has never been run before and 100s of people need one.

2 weeks later
#24 11 years ago

Here is an original I just picked up tonight. For an original it is amazing condition !

2012-10-13_13-37-12_69.jpg2012-10-13_13-37-12_69.jpg 2012-10-13_13-38-07_595.jpg2012-10-13_13-38-07_595.jpg

#25 11 years ago

That IS nice. Good find.

Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-centaur-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.