Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rvdv
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Looking for a Centaur, Topic says it all. Must be in nice condition all the way around and fully playable (no hack job playfield swaps, please).

Best way to communicate with me is by PM…. Hit me up!!

#2 10 years ago

Bump… I know someones got one!!

2 weeks later
#3 10 years ago

Anyone? Looking for nice examples only. Freshen up that collection so I can too!

#4 10 years ago

I have the playfield if you find a blown out game thats in need of a new one. Good luck.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#5 10 years ago

Do you have a price range? There are a few in the area that I know of but you have a better chance baiting one out with a general number range.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do you have a price range? There are a few in the area that I know of but you have a better chance baiting one out with a general number range.

Too many factors to consider here to just throw out a number, but I'm willing to consider each machine on a case by case basis for price depending on condition (all original, HUO, amateur restored/playfield swap, professionally restored/pro playfield swap, etc). I think this is more difficult with games this old w/o specifics.

I honestly think that if anyone has a nice Centaur for sale, they already have a price in mind for what they will let it go for anyways. Always willing to talk to a real seller with a nice machine in hand.

#7 10 years ago

Great game.. Good luck in your search.

#8 10 years ago

I understand, but without even a general range you will not 'chum' the waters very well.

I know of professional restored with pf swap to a new CPR and everything cleaned up real nice but cabinet left intact original (it looks better that way IMHO) but he is not even going to contact someone that is not tossing out numbers.

What are you thinking as a range for "professionally restored/pro playfield swap" with nice original cab?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I understand, but without even a general range you will not 'chum' the waters very well.
I know of professional restored with pf swap to a new CPR and everything cleaned up real nice but cabinet left intact original (it looks better that way IMHO) but he is not even going to contact someone that is not tossing out numbers.
What are you thinking as a range for "professionally restored/pro playfield swap" with nice original cab?

The buyer has no idea what is available, so how can he even throw a number out there?

If someone with a game is willing to sell it, and sees somebody posting a general WTB that matches the game they have, then he should contact the potential buyer and say I have one that matches your wish list, and I want X for it and if you are interested, I will send photos. Takes a couple minutes.

If your contact is waiting for a number to be tossed out there, it seems he is not really selling. Even if he wants a high dollar figure, he'll never know if he would get it if he never contacts someone posting a WTB.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

The buyer has no idea what is available, so how can he even throw a number out there?
If someone with a game is willing to sell it, and sees somebody posting a general WTB that matches the game they have, then he should contact the potential buyer and say I have one that matches your wish list, and I want X for it and if you are interested, I will send photos. Takes a couple minutes.
If your contact is waiting for a number to be tossed out there, it seems he is not really selling. Even if he wants a high dollar figure, he'll never know if he would get it if he never contacts someone posting a WTB.

Totally agree. I've posted several WTB ad's over the years and never threw out a number. Makes much more sense for the seller to set the price of his game. Buyers/sellers are well aware that hot games that aren't for sale will likely not be "sale priced"

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Totally agree. I've posted several WTB ad's over the years and never threw out a number. Makes much more sense for the seller to set the price of his game. Buyers/sellers are well aware that hot games that aren't for sale will likely not be "sale priced"

That's how I got my Fathom and CPR playfield

#12 10 years ago

JME, that many potential sellers are more apt to even seriously consider a sale of a "keeper" if they hear a number.

The idea is to get a seller interested in parting with a game and then filter what comes in.
I would rather get someone interested enough to contact me rather than have them think I am a tire kicker and never click the thread.

Putting a general range up tells a potential seller you are serious about buying and if your idea/price range even remotely matches their idea of what it woudl take to get them to sell.

If you were just looking for ANY condition game then I agree that sometimes a price does only bad things, but you are looking for a good condition/fully restored game so tossing a number out on a couple week old thread with no bites may help peak someones seller bone... Many people do not even visit the internet and it is much easier for me to talk to a local non-internet pinhead and say "Hey, there is a guy on Pinside looking to buy a nice Centaur like yours and offering something in 5k range" and they may get interested in selling.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JME, that many potential sellers are more apt to even seriously consider a sale of a "keeper" if they hear a number.

From my perspective, WTB ad's aren't about convincing someone with a "keeper" to sell. In my WTB posts, I've gotten positive responses from folks who were considering selling and just haven't gotten around to it. Also folks who don't like to deal with the aggravation of the price policing that goes on. Picked up my Fathom that way on Pinside.

For someone who considers Centaur to be a keeper, throwing out a "let me bribe you number" just seems silly. I own a CQ immaculate Centaur that's a keeper for me. If Khabbi threw out 7k (which I think we'd agree is top dollar), it wouldn't influence me one bit.

No "right" answer here…I think all I'm saying is I've had success with WTB ad's without throwing around eye catching numbers. Until a specific machine is identified, it's all BS…talk is cheap Nevertheless, if a WTB sits with no responses, it doesn't hurt to throw around numbers and bump the thread to get some attention.

1 month later
#14 9 years ago

bumping this up since hulk sold and I have a slot for it......

Let me know what you have please...

#15 9 years ago

$2800-$3000.00 I can get you one
very nice shape as well

drop me a line

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-centaur-excellent-original-restored-or-one-with-a-new-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.