Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by beatmaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hey Pinside! I've been looking for a nice Centaur for a while with absolutely no luck. I've even tried to get a local bar here to sell me the one they have in the back for way more than it's worth, they just won't let it go

I'm located near Seattle but I'd be willing to have one shipped. Anyone have any leads on one?

Thanks guys

#2 11 years ago
#3 11 years ago

Looks like his is already sold

Damn, it was beautiful. Thanks for the tip though

#4 11 years ago

Kruzman contacted me last Saturday about my WTB post for a Centaur. I told him I was serious and ready to buy, was working out shipping and waiting for him to send me pics, then he abruptly posted a for sale on RGP and sold it locally.

It's hard not to be sour at the guy, but in the end I don't think he wanted to deal with shipping. That's fine with me, but I invested a lot of time emailing him back and forth, trying to arrange shipping (multiple separate email threads to others), and waiting for him to call me - which he never did even with repeated requests.

The bright side is I'll have more money to shop at Allentown next month.

#5 11 years ago

That one by Ron was gorgeous too (the playfield, of course coming from Ron was the best i'd ever seen).

Too bad these don't come up ever. I was thinking about one many times and see around 1 per year and when they do show, they are gone fast. C2 comes up once or twice too, but i dont like the head.

I guess it will be hard to sweep one up for less than 3k now, considering that Fathoms command that type of dough and Centaur seems just as rare.

#6 11 years ago

Centaur II: http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?p=1925173

Don't know if it's still available or if you would consider it.

Centaur's do become available, but it is a machine that you need to wait for. If you are desperate, I'd expect you may have to pay $2k to 3k to pry it from someones collection.

I think it's fun, I like it more than Fathom (which I did own once). I tried to find one about 10 years ago, but had difficulty then and ended up with a Fathom.

They are pretty much all in collectors hands, so WTB posts, eBay searches and general internet searches are your best bet.

Robert

#7 11 years ago

If you open up your search to also include Centaur II you'll likely find one a lot faster. It seems like those come up for sale a lot more often despite only having 1550 produced. Yeah, the cabinet isn't as cool but the game plays exactly the same and I actually kind of dig the red displays.

I was looking for an original Centaur for about a year and a half but ended up buying a II at the Midwest Gaming Classic because the price was too good to pass up.-It was marked at $600 but I talked the seller down to $500 since I had cash on the spot.-I'm still surprised the game wasn't sold as I didn't arrive to the show until late Saturday night. It had a few issues to fix but the game plays great and I absolutely love the game! Good luck in your search.

#8 11 years ago

pinster68: That's a bummer man, that machine was a beauty. I wish it could have fallen into a pinsiders hands, if not mine lol

MrSanRamon: I sent pmwolf an email, thanks for the lead.

It's not surprising that nobody wants to get rid of theirs, it's by far my favorite game from that era I've played, way ahead of it's time. $2-3k would be a fine price in my opinion, desperate or not. I just can't seem to find a single one of these damn things that's still available. Good thing I have my second favorite, Flash Gordon

treveism: $500! That's a deal of a lifetime right there, nice one!

I'd be just fine with a Centaur II, I agree the red displays are pretty sweet. They fit the theme perfectly.

I'll be on the hunt as long as it takes, I'm hoping to maybe have some luck when the NW pinball show comes around, you never know!

#9 11 years ago

My Centaur isn't going anywhere!

Good lucks with your search!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Centaur II: http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?p=1925173

Don't know if it's still available or if you would consider it.

Yup...I still have it. Located in Michigan, and not as nice as Kruzman's. (Obviously).

Centaur is my favorite non-DMD game. Light years ahead of its time. I would be keeping that Centaur II forever, but I already have a Centaur with a new playfield in it...so II was expendable. (I really don't need both).

Pete

#11 11 years ago

I have also been looking for a Centaur, they rarely come up for sale and when they do they always sell on the high side. Although there was one in kansas that sold for over 4 grand a couple months agao. I quit bidding at 3 grand!

#12 11 years ago

My luck, I woke up yesterday morning to a leak coming from my basement ceiling and spent all day trying to figure out where it was coming from. Someone else picked up the Centaur II in the mean time, so the hunt continues!

#13 11 years ago

I have a Centaur II, but I don't plan on selling it. I will re-theme this game if I can't find some of the replacement parts I need.

#14 11 years ago

seems to be hard to find everywhere, even up here.
sold mine last week with a new cpr for $2350.

goodluck with your search.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-centaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.