10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The End is Near.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

It's a new world with the potential of remakes!

I doubt there is demand to remake this title. The cost of this game is solely due to there being so few of them made and it being the last B/W traditional game. It is a true collectible value only in my view.

The other collectible high cost games (MB, MM, BBB) are vastly superior playing games and better looking than CC in the view of many people.

I guess my point is don't expect this game to be remade and if it is remade you will not even sniff the same level of demand we saw for MMR.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

And I think cc will be the second in remake ....there was a very low production bbb remake, so if they made that expensive remake what makes people think they will never make a cc remake ?

In my opinion, the only games that will economically justify a remake in Rick's eyes will be: MB and BBB if he can get the rights to it. I don't see AFM getting a remake, too similar to MM and many of those who ran up with cash for MMR will not want an AFM in their collection as well.

Also, the price on AFM is still a bit sketchy in my view on the used market. The nicest one I have ever seen, the HEP restore of the prototype, didn't even fetch 12k on EBay. I don't think any of the ones listed here for 10k and over actually sell for that, if so certainly not many. I think Rick knows the market is softer on AFM than the perception. Just my opinion of course.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Why border get the right from capcom when you have the bally/Williams and there's a lot of people wanting a cc? Plus to do a mb you will need to get the rights from universal , and I think it will be hard for them to get , but if they do I definitely in for one .

Nah, it would be cheap and easy to get the Universal rights. I was playing a WMS Universal Monsters slot machine in Vegas a month ago - same color pattern, I thought it was cool. Licenses are way cheaper than many people believe they are for ancillary minor products like pinball machines...the Universal Monsters from decades ago are not the Beatles in my view.

BBB would sell better on a remake than any B/W other than, possibly, MB.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I kind of dont think so. BBB isn't the greatest game. It's just super rare. I don't think there are even 200 people that would want one for $8k

I think BBB is a better game than many give it credit for - certainly a better playing game than CC. BBB was really the best Capcom game and is simply stunning to look at. Great sounds, music, and call outs to go along with a cool adult sci fi theme. It is a winner.

I think people bag on BBB's game play because of the price it commands.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

On Wednesday Gene said "maybe" to a BBB remake license !!!!

This is great news. BBB will sell a lot of units in a remake. I wonder who is going to be the group to do the remake. Any info on that?

1 week later
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Just my opinion, but I think AFM, MB, and CC get remade first, if MMR does well. My gut says AFM is next with a lower price point. I will buy all of those, if the quality is there of course.

Just as overwhelmed as the Plantary guys were with the demand for MMr I think they will be equally underwhelmed with the demand for AFMr.

The true demand for AFM has never really been determined. Though MM had a steady up and to right value model that people commented on in amazement for years, AFM didn't take off in perceived value till the Spring of 2012 and the first sale that really surprised people was an arguable shill sell on EBay.

The nicest AFM I have ever seen (a brand new HEP prototype restore) sold for around 11k and some change just this summer on EBay in a no reserve auction. The seller was very surprised and a little disappointed I believe. People have listed AFM on pinside all the time and though they list them for five digit plus I'm not sure if I believe they are selling at that price point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-cactus-canyon-for-up-to-7500?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.