10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The End is Near.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These kind of threads are very refreshing, in my humble opinion. The guy's got cash, and maybe somebody needs some.

lol

I bet there are a shit ton of us who have $5-7.5k cash for a really nice CC.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Not in this case. His wtb is not a serious wtb thread. Offering lowball prices and justifying your reason isn't a legit wtb thread.

He was joking.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it's more than fair asking to pay up to $7500 for a well worn machine that cost around $4000 new.

Then you might as well say it's fair to ask to pay $3000. After all, it's no longer new and it has some wear. Shouldn't cost as much as it was new, right?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not at all. Some things do appreciate in value depending on who is looking for one. But I do believe he used the term "beater" in his description.

Not for $7500 he didn't.

Quoted from kmoore88:

Will pay up to $7,500 but the PF has to be pristine for that price

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The cabinet could have holes in it, the boards shot, etc, etc, etc..........

That is something that can happen, but is pretty rare. Chances are if the PF is pristine, the cab isn't going to have holes in it or shots boards, etc, etc, etc....

Quoted from kmoore88:

Yup, exactly...but unlikely to RobT's point. I wasn't implying an overall CQ quality pin for 7500. I just don't want to drop $1500 in a PF restore for a trashed PF at that price.

I hear ya.

I think what Odin said was fair. I.e., if you were looking for a "beater" CC, offering $7500.00 is not unreasonable at all.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

all I read into it was a guy looking for a beater as a restoration project.

And like I said in the post above yours, I don't think offering $7500.00 for a "beater" CC is unreasonable either.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I kind of dont think so. BBB isn't the greatest game. It's just super rare. I don't think there are even 200 people that would want one for $8k

Quoted from gprotein:

I respectfully disagree on both counts.

Same here.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is great news. BBB will sell a lot of units in a remake. I wonder who is going to be the group to do the remake. Any info on that?

I heard it would be made by the folks over at Zizzle.

The good thing is that they have prior pinball manufacturing experience, so quality should be good.

1 week later
#98 10 years ago

Great price!

As I said earlier in the thread:

Quoted from RobT:

I think what Odin said was fair. I.e., if you were looking for a "beater" CC, offering $7500.00 is not unreasonable at all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-cactus-canyon-for-up-to-7500?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.