10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The End is Near.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

So a MM remake was announced. That doesn't mean people are rushing to sell their CC. This game is likely not to be remade or if it is, it won't lower the value of the original for the following reasons:

1) CC doesn't have the appeal of MM. So it won't be as easy of a sell

2) Williams abhors software modifications such as CCC. Rick has stated that something like CCC cannot be allowed by Williams. So a remake won't ship with this.

3) CCC requires P-Roc. It seems unlikely the this will support the new chipset - ever. It sounds like the old style driver board and CPU board are going to be unified. A P-Roc would be impossible since it only supports the CPU board side. There are more differences that are problematic such as no lamp matrix so wiring on the CPU side will be drastically different. These changes further make a standard wpc95 driver board unlikely to work. Someone could replace all the boards with old style, but he would also need to get ahold of an old wiring harness. And then he would need to mount lamp sockets and wire them all. Then who knows if the input transformer even is set up correctly. I really think P-Roc is out here.

4) This makes CCC impossible. It's not a "they'll figure it out". It's a deal breaker. No CCC, the demand for a CC that can run CCC stays high.

Therefore, I think its likely a remake won't happen for CC. And if it does, its years away and it won't cause CC to be $5000.

Finally, the entire pinball market did not collapse due to one remake. MM will be out next year. If someone wants an AFM, there's no announced AFM and if one comes out (likely in my opinion) it'll probably be 2015. That's a hell of a long time to be waiting around. I don't see any of the remade games selling for under $7500, probably $8000 no matter the title. A fish tales cost as much as a MM to make.

I disagree that you represent the supply side of the CC market. I doubt anyone will sell you a $5k CC here. I'd take a $2500 BBB. That doesn't mean I represent the supply side.

Finally, if anyone has a beater CC, I'll pay $6k now and if the playfield is pristine, $8500. I doubt anyone will take me up on these offers but they're $1k more then you're offering which should definitely seal the deal.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

that may be true but likely it costs a whole lot less than $8K to make MMR. So, it does not preclude remake of FT or any title for less.

I disagree. I'm sure there's room for profit. But I doubt anything could be remade that could be sold for under $7k and still be a worthwhile venture.

Quoted from davewtf:

^^^
That's bad form offerng more in his wtb ad.

Not in this case. His wtb is not a serious wtb thread. Offering lowball prices and justifying your reason isn't a legit wtb thread.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

IF these got remade (which is still a fully up the air IF): If the playfield was wired like the original, you could theoretically hook it up to a Rottendog driver board and a P-ROC, instead of ... whatever. But that's a really minor possibility, given how they're making the MM PF with the driver boards underneath and whatnot.
/just sayin

Pretty sure I covered / debunked that above. The wiring is all different because there's no lamp matrix. It's be quite a task to rewire - much more then can be expected of the average person trying to concert a CCC.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

BBB would sell better on a remake than any B/W other than, possibly, MB.

I kind of dont think so. BBB isn't the greatest game. It's just super rare. I don't think there are even 200 people that would want one for $8k

1 month later
#110 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

CC is the obvious choice for PPS, Rick has demonstrated he's no dummy, the MMR was priced to perfection thanks to us. CCC has been extensively covered here also, so I think he knows which game will make this site blow up again.

Unfortunately, CC has to run CCC software to be interesting. Even finishing off the williams software somehow won't be enough. CCC is so much more than that. And based on what Rick said in the past, williams would never sign off on CCC. So it means the board set would need to at least be proc capable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-cactus-canyon-for-up-to-7500?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.