You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dmc.jpg
ss.jpg
143594-i.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Im restoring a highly routed BTTF machine. It looks like its been torn apart. I could really use the following items:

A complete ramp. Doesnt have to be new just not broken anywhere.

A five bank target assembly. I could make one but would rather have a rebuilt one.

All of the ball guides. New or used I dont care, I dont have them so anything would be great.

Spinner bracket, and shooter lane bracket.

I'm gonna find more things I need, however if you have anything please let me know. If its used I dont mind. A lot of you know how hard any of this stuff is to find. If its taking up space and you dont want it, I will take it.

Many of you know me, I'm not a flipper, I'm new to the hobby, and this is my first restoration (I'm confident I will get it done). Any tips would be appreciated as well. I have already reached out to a lot of member and appreciate the support I have gotten. Pinside has been very supportive to all its members. I will also start a thread on my restore with pics.

I am attaching a picture from a previous thread, I have contacted the individuals who had this and unfortunately its already been parted but I could use a ton of parts from this, even though its in terrible condition. So even if you think that no one would ever want those leftover dirty parts from your machine, pm me because it you never know.

Thanks

143594-i.jpg143594-i.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Also if there is anyone in the Joliet, Illinois area that wouldn't mind me looking at and taking some pics of their machine, I would really appreciate it.

#3 10 years ago

LOL

#4 10 years ago

Not sure what's funny?

#5 10 years ago

Sorry man. If anyone doesn't read the whole text it kinda looks like you're trying to "restore" that piece of junk in the grass. The ball guides are going to be an issue since they're unique to the game. You might have to fabricate and bend them yourself. It's a big task that a lot of the MM and AFM remake guys have had to face, but it can be done.

#6 10 years ago

No problem, yeah I was thinking I was gonna have to do it. Since they're stainless though, I would hope they would survive an ordeal like the pic above. I'm also gonna have to fabricate the 5 bank target but that won't be too bad. That's really the hardest road I have in front of me. Anything else I can replace with something better would definitely help but is currently not keeping me from playing it..

#7 10 years ago

There's a Back to the Future at Logan Hardware in Chicago if you want pictures.

#8 10 years ago

Awesome tip I'll check it out!

#9 10 years ago

I have some artwork scans on file if you need them (apron decals, pop bumper decals, apron cards, & maybe a plastic or 2)

#10 10 years ago

Also I have a NOS Data East 5 bank drop target assembly Think it was for a Secret Service but not sure. Don't have my BTTF anymore so can't check to see if they are the same.
ss.jpgss.jpg

#11 10 years ago

Nevermind, just looked at old pics of my machine and realize you need stand ups, not drops.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I have some artwork scans on file if you need them (apron decals, pop bumper decals, apron cards, & maybe a plastic or 2)

Do you know someone that can make a repro plastic? I'm looking for the plastic that goes between the DMC drop targets and the lower pop bumper. Thanks

#13 10 years ago

I'd be in on that part as well if someone is making them.

PM me if you're coming by the Chicago to check out that game and I'll get it opened up for you. I'll also be working on the game today so I can snap pictures for you.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks, if I'm gonna be fabricating ball guides and spinner brackets, I'll bring my calipers to take thickness measurements. I can probably come up on Monday at the earliest. If there is a better time let me know.

I really need pics under the ramps. The manual talks about a lot of "not shown on drawing" parts that I don't know if I have. Specifically, ramp "underwire" and mounting brackets.

#15 10 years ago

Any day works.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Do you know someone that can make a repro plastic? I'm looking for the plastic that goes between the DMC drop targets and the lower pop bumper. Thanks

The one that says DMC lights jackpots? That is a commonly broken plastic and one I actually have a scan of (From helping another BTTF owner out a year or so ago) Just Cut plexi or lexan out and print file on self adhesive media or waterslide decal media. Doesn't look perfect, but close enough for that far in the back of the machine.

Having trouble uploading images right now (server issue)

PM me with your email address if you want the file.

#17 10 years ago

Since this piece is highly susceptible to breakage, it should be better to overlay it with a slightly larger piece of plastic.

#18 10 years ago

Image issues are fixed. Is this the plastic?
dmc.jpgdmc.jpg

#19 10 years ago

Yup, that's the one. I don't have the ability to cut the plastic. I'd pay to have a nice one done though.

#20 10 years ago

I might have ball guides from a parted out BTTF (maybe other parts too). The bad part is that you would need to identify them among the ones from Whirlwind, Arena, Pinbot, High speed and some other games. Please let me know if you are interested so I can send you the pics.

1 week later
#21 10 years ago

Tom- The Pinside message system didn't notify me via email or site that I had received a new PM. I tried to respond to your message privately but your PMs are turned off so it wouldn't let me send a response.

Sorry I missed you yesterday. I was out of town. I got back today and the boys said you stopped by. Sorry they couldn't be of help. They don't have the keys to the games and more than likely wouldn't know how to even open one up for you if they did. I wish I'd have been able to catch you before you drove all the way out here!

#22 10 years ago

Hey no problem, I will be coming back. Your arcade is great. Your BTTF machine is beautiful. I played it alone, for a half an hour and I'm really glad I have this and am anxious to restore it.

I got a good look at the lane guides I'm missing and I'm confident I can make the ones I need if I can't find them. I love what you did with the train and the Delorean. I'm going to be looking into what it takes to have repro plastics made.

My ramp is terrible though, I'm gonna need to figure that out.

#23 10 years ago

Give me a heads up next time you come through and I'll be there. Seven seven three two one eight four eight four four.

#24 10 years ago

Oh man... you guys are killing me! What train? What Delorean? I'd be in for repro plastics too.

#25 10 years ago

He has a small train above the shooter lane on a track, and a Delorean in hover mode above the bumpers! Pretty awesome!

#26 10 years ago

There was another piece of track there covering the entire lane but I had to remove it. People couldn't figure out where the ball was. Since it remains dark until you plunge the ball, I had tried to put a light under the ball to get people to look down so they'd realize they had to plunge the ball for the GI to illuminate but it didn't work. I took a piece of the track out to further assist them.

The machine came from BTTF fan and he had done all of mods prior to us getting the game. They looked good so they were left in. He also had found a really nice Delorean that he used as a topper, too. That is in a box somewhere but it'll find its way back on top eventually.

1 week later
#27 10 years ago

Everyone else is doing it, bump!!

I need parts!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bttf-parts-alot-of-them and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.