Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 9 years ago

The shooter cover on my R&B is in about 4 pieces so i'm on the lookout for a NOS or second-hand replacement.

If anyone has one they'd be happy to part with and ship to the UK then i'd be very grateful.

#2 9 years ago

I think marco has them

#3 9 years ago

Unfortunately they don't. I think you're thinking of the Boris launch button - they have those.

This is the yellow plastic which sits in the shooter lane where the ball ejects. There was one on eBay a few days back but like an idiot I missed the close of the bidding.

#4 9 years ago

If shipping weren't a pain in the ass, I'd send you my leftover extra one from when I put all NOS plastics in.

#5 9 years ago

Mine is missing a chunk out of the corner and I've been looking for a replacement too. The only place that even lists them is bestofpinball.de in Germany, and they're perpetually out of stock. I keep checking back, though, just in case. Wiredworm: if you find a vendor, please let me know.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Mine is missing a chunk out of the corner and I've been looking for a replacement too. The only place that even lists them is bestofpinball.de in Germany, and they're perpetually out of stock.

However in a strange twist irony, they have a brand new WABAC ramp actually in stock. That's a big FYI for those looking for one. All 3 of my ramps are brand new, so I don't need any.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

However in a strange twist irony, they have a brand new WABAC ramp actually in stock. That's a big FYI for those looking for one. All 3 of my ramps are brand new, so I don't need any.

I know! I'm saving up for one! : )

99 Euros is about $140 plus international shipping and I don't know if taxes apply. Where did you find your WABAC ramp?

#8 9 years ago

Mine was a repro that the previous owner installed. He didn't bother to buy a decal for it, so I had to get that done myself. The other ramps I managed to find NOS originals in Norway for $50 each, but the shipping ended up costing more than the ramps. Still worth it though, as mine were falling apart. My playfield is now comprised of almost entirely NOS or new parts. I've seen $6500 restoration jobs that didn't have as good, but they have me beat on clear coat and rebuilt cab.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Firebrand. I've gone and grabbed that WABAC ramp. Shipping costs for me are much reduced as i'm in the UK so it was only 18 Euros to get it over here. It still means i've paid just under £100 for the ramp.

I'll swap mine out and fit the new one when I do the next strip down. Next time around i'm going to strip the lot as although I cleaned it last time it didn't take long before it was filthy again.

I might have found someone with a shooter cover they can pass over to me. Are you sure I can't tempt you to send me your old one Firebrand? You could ship it USPS I think?

#10 9 years ago

It's hard for me to get to a post office where I live, but that will be changing at the end of summer if you don't find a cover by then.

#11 9 years ago

Thanks Firebrand.

I often forget that the USA is a massive place compared to our tiny little island.

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated on my progress.

1 week later
#12 9 years ago

Firebrand mentioned about Best of Pinball having WABAC ramps in stock. It seems they have more than one as I got mine and they're still showing as 'In stock'.

Grab em whilst you can people: http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/3108

#13 9 years ago

There's a middle ramp on ebay that is in good condition if anyone needs:

ebay.com link: Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends Pinball Plastic Ramp

#14 9 years ago

Nice find Firebrand.

I think that is the only part I don't need - in my case it's the ramp entrace which is smashed to bits. So I still need to track one of those down.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

These are still in stock - they must have got a new batch in because mine arrived and it's still saying they have more available.......

Nice ramp and another part to replace on mine.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from wiredworm:

These are still in stock - they must have got a new batch in because mine arrived and it's still saying they have more available.......

I'm still planning on getting one. Is your new German WABAC ramp a reproduction or NOS? And did it come with the switch bracket attached or would I have to transfer that over?

#17 9 years ago

I'll have to check and let you know once i'm back home at the weekend.

I think it's a repro but to my eyes it looks like an exact match. It also comes with the WABAC decal that you simply apply yourself.

1 week later
#18 9 years ago

chadderack got in touch a few days back and has very kindly passed his spare shooter cover on to me.

Arrived yesterday in great condition and is now packed away with the rest of my spare bits (including new WABAC ramp) in readiness for the next strip down and clean. Big thanks to Chad for that.

#19 9 years ago

Glad to be of help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-boris-shooter-cover-for-data-east-rocky-bullwinkle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.