Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TopJimmyCooks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Looking for black rose plastics or scans. I got my black rose project running last night so now it's time to fix her up. The plastics are pretty trashed, slings are non existent along with plastics above all target banks. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

#2 8 years ago

If someone doesn't pop up with good scans, I have plastics to scan. Many are broken but they are 99% complete artwork wise. I was going to eventually scan, edit out the damage and reprint them.

I would be happy to send scans if someone could fix the cracks and let me have a copy of the finished art.

#3 8 years ago

how do you scan the plastics? is there some special way? or equipment needed?.......I have a NOS set that i could scan if I knew how. which plastics do you need? my plastics on my machine are in good shape except one is broken and repaired. so after I put the new plastics on my machine I may be able to sell the extras........what are they worth?

#4 8 years ago

@zerbam:
300 dpi on a normal consumer grade flatbed is fine. Or use color photo if it has presets. If a long plastic won't fit on the bed just scan both ends, covering the join area in both scans, and it can be put back together in PS. I would just photoshop out any cracks or damage and print the raster image. Not a full vector redraw like CPR, etc.

I would definitely be willing to pay a good amount for a full set with only one broken - please pm me and or Venom. Sounds like Venom is in worse shape having no sling plastics.

#5 8 years ago

scan at least at 300 dpi then save to what kind of file?..........pdf? or?

#6 8 years ago

You should avoid formats with loss of quality due to compression (like JPG) and I think PDF cannot directly be used in PS. I think best would be PNG or BMP (32bit).

#7 8 years ago

sfbay.craigslist.org link

BTW these are not mine

#8 8 years ago

What flugs said. pdf or jpg require conversion and data loss.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside