(Topic ID: 184481)

WTB BBB tube dancer

By zr11990

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdunbar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"BB Barbara", an unlicensed remake

So do you know where the licensed dancer is being sold commercially?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If you want an original, they are still floating around, but so have not check lately.
Or you can go here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bb-barbara#post-3667248
I would do it quickly before PPS shuts them down with a CDL.

Good luck finding one of these floating around and if there is any good luck also getting it before someone else. The problem is if they send a CDL then the CDL sender should have that product available for sale otherwise people that need those unobtainable parts are left with no options to keep these pins functional. Instead of sending a CDL maybe they should ask to buy the item being sold then resell it themselves.
If you had a $15k to $20k pin and the dancer was broken there were none available for several years and those owners that had a WTB ad here where out there for years.

#9 7 years ago

xTheBlackKnightx
BB Barbara came about because a pin owners dancer was twisted and we helped him by redoing it so that is why she came to be so it basically almost paid for the process to redo her and then one additional ordered one paid for the supplies so to recoup our time we posted her for others who may need her. I think we nailed the process but took 3 generations of the model and 4 generations of the molds to get acceptable results if not really good quality Barabaras. If we invested several thousands to do injection molding would have been best but for these hand made to sell to a few works. We did have to buy a vacuum chamber and pump to get the air out of the molding material and casting material which has given us a really smooth finished product and no bubbles in the final casting. I have had smooth on distributers calling me for business since we ordered tons of casting and molding materials and colorings first only through the company web site. Our pricing is going to somewhat expensive but will be cheaper than trying to find an original somewhere somehow a and will be due to trying to make a flexible durable toy and have it function properly and not break. The hardest part was in the final casting when we originally got air bubbles, missing hands or feet or poor detail, no mouth, nose or ears, Barbara is tiny at around 5 inches tall and to try to get any detail which we did I think is amazing using this process.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdunbar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bbb-tube-dancer?tu=tdunbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.