(Topic ID: 184481)

WTB BBB tube dancer

By zr11990

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

WTB BBB tube dancer

Added: 2017-03-23 02:01:11 UTC • Ended: April 13th, 2017

Price

Wanted

Friend of mine loaned his game out and the tune dancer got broken. Does anyone have one they will sell or know where to get one?

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are zr11990's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to zr11990's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Humble, TX, US

#3 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bb-barbara#post-3666129

This Pinsider is making a slightly different version

#4 7 years ago

"BB Barbara", an unlicensed remake

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"BB Barbara", an unlicensed remake

So do you know where the licensed dancer is being sold commercially?

#6 7 years ago

If you want an original, they are still floating around, but so have not check lately.

Or you can go here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bb-barbara#post-3667248

I would do it quickly before PPS shuts them down with a CDL.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If you want an original, they are still floating around, but so have not check lately.
Or you can go here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bb-barbara#post-3667248
I would do it quickly before PPS shuts them down with a CDL.

Good luck finding one of these floating around and if there is any good luck also getting it before someone else. The problem is if they send a CDL then the CDL sender should have that product available for sale otherwise people that need those unobtainable parts are left with no options to keep these pins functional. Instead of sending a CDL maybe they should ask to buy the item being sold then resell it themselves.
If you had a $15k to $20k pin and the dancer was broken there were none available for several years and those owners that had a WTB ad here where out there for years.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

If you had a $15k to $20k pin and the dancer was broken there were none available for several years and those owners that had a WTB ad here where out there for years.

Not that really applies or matters this case, but I do have games in the price range values you are referring.
Probably what is more relevant is I have games that are more rare especially in the ability to find spare parts.
I have never yet not been able to track down a part for a game I need, EXCEPT flipper linkages for AGC games, a few Capcom parts, extra plastics set for some really rare games, and a few obtuse backglasses. Everything after 1985 is a lot easier, before 1960 is a real bitch if not reproduced.

But, I do not control what part suppliers choose to supply.
These days it all comes down to profitability, which as you state is unfortunate.
It did not always used to be this way.

Let me offer some advice:

What collectors do in our case sometimes is have the part remanufactured ourselves instead of waiting for something that may never happen.
If an owner buys a $15-20K game, but they willing to go the extra mile and spend time finding a part?
Did the owner not understand that the game in question is rare, and may be hard to find parts for overall?
Who do really blame?
People cannot blame parts suppliers for game problems or lack of parts, although it is irritating as hell.
This has always been a challenge.

Private manufacture and "one offs" were done long before PinSide, reproduction parts, the license wars back in the early 2000s, or CDLs.
Did you ever wonder what we did to find pinball parts before the internet existed?
Some people here on these forums would be completely lost.
I don't know what what was believed that occurred before "modern pinball times", but the concept still works, and avoids license holder shenanigans.
There are more reproduction pinball parts now there ever in the past 20 years alone, even though they may not be the exact part that everybody wants, or needs. 3D translites do not help someone fix a Whitewater for example.

If a part was incomplete, we borrowed the part from another collector, and made a mold, did a plastic/rubber injection (because rapid prototyping did not yet exist), or took it to a metal shop, if feasible.
Ramps were were problematic, plastics are not.
The same thing was done for games such as Scared Stiff boogie men or Attack from Mars martians.

I just did the same process for reproduction of AGBGoaWT CD spinner textured adhesive decals through a tire company.
I just helped another 4MBC owner replace an tar pit assembly that was missing by allowing him to borrow mine.
I also just had a brand new Bally EM backbox panel door made at an A/C Heating Duct company for $40, because no reproductions have yet been made for this era of game, and used ones sometimes still do not fit right, so I needed to do a "custom" build.

Basically, the all these examples are the same as making a new tube dancer as far as concept.
It can be done, and you will get good results.
Consider options beyond the walls of PinSide, this is not the only sanctuary of pinball knowledge.

#9 7 years ago

xTheBlackKnightx
BB Barbara came about because a pin owners dancer was twisted and we helped him by redoing it so that is why she came to be so it basically almost paid for the process to redo her and then one additional ordered one paid for the supplies so to recoup our time we posted her for others who may need her. I think we nailed the process but took 3 generations of the model and 4 generations of the molds to get acceptable results if not really good quality Barabaras. If we invested several thousands to do injection molding would have been best but for these hand made to sell to a few works. We did have to buy a vacuum chamber and pump to get the air out of the molding material and casting material which has given us a really smooth finished product and no bubbles in the final casting. I have had smooth on distributers calling me for business since we ordered tons of casting and molding materials and colorings first only through the company web site. Our pricing is going to somewhat expensive but will be cheaper than trying to find an original somewhere somehow a and will be due to trying to make a flexible durable toy and have it function properly and not break. The hardest part was in the final casting when we originally got air bubbles, missing hands or feet or poor detail, no mouth, nose or ears, Barbara is tiny at around 5 inches tall and to try to get any detail which we did I think is amazing using this process.

#10 7 years ago

tdunbar
Then you are following in the footsteps from those of the past.
Sally forth, and best of fortune.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bbb-tube-dancer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.