Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by timtim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180718_224021 (resized).jpg
20180718_224010 (resized).jpg
20180718_223955 (resized).jpg
20180718_223955 (resized).jpg
20180718_223944 (resized).jpg
20180718_223936 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 10 months ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

WTB: Baywatch subway, doesn't have to be imamculate

Added: July 18th, 2018

Item description

playfield dropped into my cab while working on it and now my subway is smashed up pretty good.

I have seen some parts games in the past.

I know its a long shot to find this part, I'm gonna probably epoxy and mesh it back together but figured I would see if anyone has one that is less broken than mine.

thanks and be careful because this really sucked

also any tips on repair would be helpful

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Cleveland, OH, US

Seller insights

These are timtim's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to timtim's stats page

#2 10 months ago

There was this one guy trying to sell an entire machine, maybe if it didn't sell for his asking price he would be willing to part it out...
Gees I'm sorry just can't recall his name.

GLWS (search)

#3 10 months ago

lol i knew it would be coming

#4 10 months ago

Try sending a PM to arakissun

#5 10 months ago

The Imamculute was asking for it, but you knew that.

If you do not find one I would get opinions on the best glue to use. Lucky a subway does not have to be pretty.

I would do it in place as much as possible. Maybe post a picture to see what you are dealing with for better advice. But if you screw the parts in place before gluing (and maybe taping) you won't have a shifted mess. But I would do as much as you can from the bottom so you don't make glue bumps and ridges from the top that the ball might hang on.

After you are done feel the inside for anything that might need to be sanded and cover any gaps with Mylar. Put shims under the front legs to decrease the slope and roll slow balls through to test for hang-ups.

#6 10 months ago

Any pics?
Parted out two machines so I might have it.

#7 10 months ago

Here they are

I have the pieces that are missing. But it's pretty broke by the trough kicker.

I know I can fix it but if you got one I would be interested

Quoted from arakissun:

Any pics?
Parted out two machines so I might have it.

20180718_223936 (resized).jpg20180718_223944 (resized).jpg20180718_223955 (resized).jpg20180718_223955 (resized).jpg20180718_224010 (resized).jpg20180718_224021 (resized).jpg
#8 10 months ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The Imamculute was asking for it, but you knew that.
If you do not find one I would get opinions on the best glue to use. Lucky a subway does not have to be pretty.
I would do it in place as much as possible. Maybe post a picture to see what you are dealing with for better advice. But if you screw the parts in place before gluing (and maybe taping) you won't have a shifted mess. But I would do as much as you can from the bottom so you don't make glue bumps and ridges from the top that the ball might hang on.
After you are done feel the inside for anything that might need to be sanded and cover any gaps with Mylar. Put shims under the front legs to decrease the slope and roll slow balls through to test for hang-ups.

The screwing is a good tip. I read most anything I could find but didn't come across that

I'm just glad it missed the boards and every thing else works.

#9 10 months ago

I will check to day or two.

#10 10 months ago

If you're going to spell imamaculate wrong....make sure you spell it wrong correctly!

I hope you find a replacement

#11 10 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

..make sure you spell it wrong correctly!

Great line

#12 10 months ago
Quoted from arakissun:

I will check to day or two.

thank you

#13 10 months ago

Sorry to hear about your accident. I think we've all done something similar. It's such a crappy design, and yet Stern still hasn't really improved upon it after all these years. The WPC era games were the best with the hinge system.

#14 10 months ago

Ok maybe a stupid idea, but could that be replaced by some type of flexible clear rubber hose.

#15 10 months ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Ok maybe a stupid idea, but could that be replaced by some type of flexible clear rubber hose.

I kinda want to try that just for scientific research on pinside. I hope I can get a replacement but I think I'm going to repair the old one just to learn the process

#16 10 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sorry to hear about your accident. I think we've all done something similar. It's such a crappy design, and yet Stern still hasn't really improved upon it after all these years. The WPC era games were the best with the hinge system.

I'm just glad I remembered to turn the power off.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside