• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7128 (resized).jpg
C2AA13B3-4854-460E-A49E-239403844536 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#46 6 years ago

IMO you guys would be better waiting for someone to make a third party one. Will likely cost much less, potentially be better (the bat signal can certainly be improved), and won't come with attendant parts issues (could use a pinduino or such like to control it).

If the Premiums finally begin to sell in good numbers when code gets close to being finished, it's simply a matter of time before someone does it.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The only part I wasn't sure how to recreate physically was the silver bird cage around the beacon. Is that something you could 3D print Yelobird? To look right it would also need to be a glossy, smooth, metallic finish which I'm not sure 3D printing can do well. The Batman and Robin images could be easily printed with back lit material. You would have some copyright issues trying to sell them though.

Quoted from Yelobird:

.... but that topper is going to be very difficult to recreate with the *injection molding*, electronics, and lighting features. I guess time will tell but my money says no chance.

A high resolution 3D print, then spray painted would be fine.

Regarding moulding, I don't think that's so much a design or engineering issue as one of the initial sunk cost and then potentially unknown demand.

But if BM'66 does begin selling well once code is 'finished' (initial feature completion), then the standard topper is so expensive and so undesired, and the (S)LE topper even more expensive, much more desirable, rare and potentially unreliable that I suspect there would be plenty of scope for sales of a third party recreation in the $325-475 range.

Other toppers with moulds have been produced already. Habeboo 's JP one, notably.

Re: printing of the images, not really if they're original art, or digitally altered to an extent where they're considered original. If they're just straight copied licensed material, then yes a potential problem.

Re: control of lighting, perhaps you won't get an exact replica of the function / triggers of the (S)LE one, but you could still get a decent, well staged light show with an Arduino or whatever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-batman-66-le-topper?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.