• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7128 (resized).jpg
C2AA13B3-4854-460E-A49E-239403844536 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - wanted

WTB: Batman 66 LE topper

Added: 2017-04-04 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (February 4th, 2018) • Ended: April 8th, 2018

Price

Wanted

Hey fellow Batman 66 owners,

I'm looking to buy the topper and control boards located at the top of the backbox from your pin to install on my premium.

If you're not a topper fan, or could care less about it / doesn’t fit with low ceiling etc shoot me a PM I'd like to buy it and install it on mine.

Thank you!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Sethman's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

Sethman has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Sethman's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Drums, PA, US

#2 7 years ago

There is a topper for the premiums in the works. You might wanna wait and see if you like that one better.

#3 7 years ago

But I like the LE topper

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

But I like the LE topper

GL on your quest...the topper is awesome, and think the proto for the premium was shown somewhere, and not nearly the same.....

Idk if Stern is going to offer these retro or not, so might be a tough quest.....

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

But I like the LE topper

I am not usually a topper guy in fact I have never even had the urge to purchase one but the BM66 was just too cool to pass up so I upgraded my order from a premium to LE for the topper and armour seemed worthy upgrades for the extra ££

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

But I like the LE topper

Me too. That's what pushed me to go for an LE over a premium. I think its Stern best looking topper so far.

But if no one wants to part with their LE topper just wanted to let you know there will likely be another option from Stern.

#7 7 years ago

Totally agree, Stern's best topper to date for sure.

I know it's a long shot , but hoping someone will want to pass it on.

#8 7 years ago

I too, would love to have the LE Topper. Can't believe there are none available.

#9 7 years ago

I actually had a problem with my original LE topper ( one led tree wouldn't cycle). Chaz sent me a replacement, but it took a little while as he stated " they didn't have spares, and only made enough for the games produced, so would have to make my replacement"

Not sure these are going to be easy to get. He did say the beacon from the SLE topper would be available as an option...eventually.

#10 7 years ago

Good luck with the search. I had to have one too. I got lucky and got one from a friend of mine. And no there was no friend discount.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

He did say the beacon from the SLE topper would be available as an option...eventually.

Glad to know Stern still plan on releasing the beacon I will be in line for one when they do

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Glad to know Stern still plan on releasing the beacon I will be in line for one when they do

Me too....I tried conning Chaz just to add it to the build of my replacement topper and I'd pay extra....no dice....

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Good luck with the search. I had to have one too. I got lucky and got one from a friend of mine. And no there was no friend discount.

Congratulations, that will be a rare premium feature for sure!

Did you get it off an LE or SLE?

#14 7 years ago

Ya, you got lucky thats for sure
Bump for hope!

#15 7 years ago

Weekend bump.

8 months later
#16 6 years ago

Holidays bump!
Long shot but hoping

#17 6 years ago

Dang for $400.00 im not sure about the Stern BM premium topper.

C2AA13B3-4854-460E-A49E-239403844536 (resized).pngC2AA13B3-4854-460E-A49E-239403844536 (resized).png

#18 6 years ago

Ya the premium topper @ $400 for what it is, is a no go. Le topper or bust!

#19 6 years ago

End of ‘17 bump, hoping 2018 someone wants to sell their topper

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

End of ‘17 bump, hoping 2018 someone wants to sell their topper

I so wish you luck in your search but that will be a tough find. A lot more work but have you considered just listing your Premium and hunting down an LE while pricing is still stable prior to finished code? Assuming the crazy markup someone might eventually sell you a topper for you might actually break even and end your hunt. Just a though. Good luck in your hunt!!!

#21 6 years ago

Thanks yelobird. But once I went and bought your entire catalog of parts and installed them I’m sticking with this premium
It’s probably a lost cause but I’ll hold out hope someone will want to part with one

Happy New year!

#22 6 years ago

I recall seeing two LE toppers that sold on eBay a few months back for around $750.

Decent chance that one will pop up there again.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I recall seeing two LE toppers that sold on eBay a few months back for around $750.
Decent chance that one will pop up there again.

I saw one for sure on EBay and I'll bet more will pop up there in 2018!

#24 6 years ago

Damn how did I miss that
If you see another one give me a shout! Thanks.

#25 6 years ago

I have an LE topper nib for sale. $1100.00 I’m asking

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

I have an LE topper nib for sale. $1100.00 I’m asking

With the node board to control it?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

With the node board to control it?

Actually "boards" since there are 3 of them and a mounting plate. They would all need to be removed from the backbox and put in the other machine to control the topper.

#28 6 years ago

Yes good question, does that include the three little node boards to control the topper? Or is that for just the topper by itself?
Thanks.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Actually "boards" since there are 3 of them and a mounting plate. They would all need to be removed from the backbox and put in the other machine to control the topper.

Yep just what Doc stated. Would need the mounting plate plus 3 node boards for this to be of use.

#30 6 years ago

Just the topper.

#31 6 years ago

Thanks for the update but without the mounting board and the node boards that run it , won’t work for me.

So I’m looking for the topper + the 3 node boards/mount located in the top of an le backbox to run it.

#32 6 years ago

That’s sure asking a lot. I would need the same. Can’t see why anyone would remove it from there’s unless they get a ton of cash.

#33 6 years ago

So, the LE and SLE have extra node boards in the back cabinet that premiums don't? Do they control anything other than the Topper. Curious what the set up looks like

#34 6 years ago

Couldn't you just buy the extra node boards and make a mounting plate?

#35 6 years ago

Is it just me, or does it seem odd that someone would have a topper but not the boards for sale?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Couldn't you just buy the extra node boards and make a mounting plate?

Stern makes you provide serial # of your game to send parts like that....

#37 6 years ago

Maybe the owner could order three spares then sell the topper off with the boards.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Maybe the owner could order three spares then sell the topper off with the boards.

Yet another challenge....if Stern replace defective boards, they want the old ones back, or charge pretty good for them (I would guess).

If owner wanted to sell his topper, could probably pull the boards off his game and sell the package...only way I could see it happening. My topper was bad on my LE, and had to provide serial #, where I bought it, and then return the bad one.

For all that Stern seems to have challenges with, keeping their "LE" an "LE" isn't one of them....

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I so wish you luck in your search but that will be a tough find. A lot more work but have you considered just listing your Premium and hunting down an LE while pricing is still stable prior to finished code? Assuming the crazy markup someone might eventually sell you a topper for you might actually break even and end your hunt. Just a though. Good luck in your hunt!!!

Tend to believe this might be the best option. You could always upfit @yelobird's mods to an LE. I think even the LE's themselves will start becoming hard to find soon enough.

Good luck with the hunt!!!...bump.....

#40 6 years ago

It has to be from an LE as the SLE lit speaker enhancements are connected, maybe powered, by those upper boards.
If I managed to get just a topper who knows how hard or how expensive it would be to get the 3 node boards from Stern.

So its going to take some luck finding topper + nodes.
As for the only other option, getting an LE and selling my premium now that its dully decked out, that's probably not in the cards unless someone wanted to dump their LE for an attractive price.

Thanks for the bumps, i'll hold out hope a bit longer.

#41 6 years ago

Someday, somewhere, someone will manufacture node boards. Only problem is when (decade[s]) and at what cost.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It has to be from an LE as the SLE lit speaker enhancements are connected, maybe powered, by those upper boards.
If I managed to get just a topper who knows how hard or how expensive it would be to get the 3 node boards from Stern.
So its going to take some luck finding topper + nodes.
As for the only other option, getting an LE and selling my premium now that its dully decked out, that's probably not in the cards unless someone wanted to dump their LE for an attractive price.
Thanks for the bumps, i'll hold out hope a bit longer.

Don't feel too bad....same thing happening in the AFMRLE thread....I stumbled into a similar quest. Bump for Batman!!!

3 weeks later
#43 6 years ago

I just opened up the topper box today. I am excited about my super le.

IMG_7128 (resized).jpgIMG_7128 (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago

Such a tease!

Still looking for a topper and node boards + backplane please.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from ctswhole:

I just opened up the topper box today. I am excited about my super le.

Nice Score! wow and congrats. Still hoping and keeping an eye out for you Sethman.

#46 6 years ago

IMO you guys would be better waiting for someone to make a third party one. Will likely cost much less, potentially be better (the bat signal can certainly be improved), and won't come with attendant parts issues (could use a pinduino or such like to control it).

If the Premiums finally begin to sell in good numbers when code gets close to being finished, it's simply a matter of time before someone does it.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

IMO you guys would be better waiting for someone to make a third party one. Will likely cost much less, potentially be better (the bat signal can certainly be improved), and won't come with attendant parts issues (could use a pinduino or such like to control it).
If the Premiums finally begin to sell in good numbers when code gets close to being finished, it's simply a matter of time before someone does it.

I might agree with you on an Acrylic sign or a simplified version of what Stern is trying to offer premium buyers but that topper is going to be very difficult to recreate with the injection molding, electronics, and lighting features. I guess time will tell but my money says no chance. As for the signal, thats already been done by #Doc and available for sale. The node boards are to control all the topper features, lights, and game interaction. In time he may find one I'm sure. Someone in the world with an LE will have a low headroom arcade and side with a few hundred dollar sale...

#48 6 years ago

I did my own version of the innards of the rotating beacon you could replicate:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/93#post-3969560

I don't think it would be to hard to replicate to overall look of the topper but the interactivity would be tricky though. The topper comes on multiple times in the game based on whats going on. There are no dedicated inserts to tap off of that indicate when it should turn on or off during game play and in attract mode.

The only part I wasn't sure how to recreate physically was the silver bird cage around the beacon. Is that something you could 3D print Yelobird? To look right it would also need to be a glossy, smooth, metallic finish which I'm not sure 3D printing can do well. The Batman and Robin images could be easily printed with back lit material. You would have some copyright issues trying to sell them though.

#49 6 years ago

Thanks for the support and ideas guys.

Agree on many points. I'll wait it out a bit longer towards mid-year. Hopefully an LE owner with a low ceiling will come to my rescue!
Or see if a 3rd party (@Habeboo) I'm looking at you can come up with a cool version for us premium owners.

If no to the above, then I'll follow Doc's blueprint for beacon setup and maybe look into an alternative version somewhat similar that I can add the beacon to.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The only part I wasn't sure how to recreate physically was the silver bird cage around the beacon. Is that something you could 3D print Yelobird? To look right it would also need to be a glossy, smooth, metallic finish which I'm not sure 3D printing can do well. The Batman and Robin images could be easily printed with back lit material. You would have some copyright issues trying to sell them though.

Quoted from Yelobird:

.... but that topper is going to be very difficult to recreate with the *injection molding*, electronics, and lighting features. I guess time will tell but my money says no chance.

A high resolution 3D print, then spray painted would be fine.

Regarding moulding, I don't think that's so much a design or engineering issue as one of the initial sunk cost and then potentially unknown demand.

But if BM'66 does begin selling well once code is 'finished' (initial feature completion), then the standard topper is so expensive and so undesired, and the (S)LE topper even more expensive, much more desirable, rare and potentially unreliable that I suspect there would be plenty of scope for sales of a third party recreation in the $325-475 range.

Other toppers with moulds have been produced already. Habeboo 's JP one, notably.

Re: printing of the images, not really if they're original art, or digitally altered to an extent where they're considered original. If they're just straight copied licensed material, then yes a potential problem.

Re: control of lighting, perhaps you won't get an exact replica of the function / triggers of the (S)LE one, but you could still get a decent, well staged light show with an Arduino or whatever.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-batman-66-le-topper?hl=ctswhole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.