• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

endofauction.JPG
IMG_5914.JPG

#1 11 years ago

I have a Bally Xenon that's in great shape -- except for the playfield. It's worn, covered with mylar (over the dirt and worn areas), and I'd really like to find a NOS or CPR Repro playfield. I missed the initial run of these and have been inquiring of CPR about a re-run of the playfield, but it doesn't look good.

Is there anyone with a NOS or a CPR repro that they'd like to part with? Xenon was always my favorite game and I want to restore mine to better status then it is right now.

Thanks!

Keith
ToM (HUO), CV (HUO), STTNG, TZ, MM, Xenon, Fireball, BK ('80), '64 CC Mustang (HUO)

#3 11 years ago

watching it now - thanks. hopefully I got to RK in time before he sold his -- he's a lot closer to me

#4 11 years ago

Yeah, the one on Ebay seems like a pretty good deal. Contact the seller and find out if he will sell it any cheaper as a Buy It Now....

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, the one on Ebay seems like a pretty good deal. Contact the seller and find out if he will sell it any cheaper as a Buy It Now....

Why would he sell it for less? There is no way that thing is done at $695. It's pretty shocking that an undrilled field with that chunk missing by the shooter lane is going to go so high but I predict it will top $1000 based upon the bids and interest it has so far, it could go for significantly more.

#6 11 years ago

You're right 7 ! Somehow, when I quickly looked at the listing, I thought it had no bids. Oops!

#7 11 years ago

Yeah there'll be a feeding frenzy over that one...

#8 11 years ago

There's a tons of differences between the cpr and an original nos. The one on ebay actually is the proto early version and there's some graphical differences from the production run. NOS from original run are the harder to get from all.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

The one on ebay actually is the proto early version and there's some graphical differences from the production run.

I'm curious as to what the differences are? I wanna see which one I have.

#10 11 years ago

The most visible differences are the arrow near the outlanes and some kind of circle.
Look like it's easy to convert with a simple black touchup.
There's also another version, i only see it one time, it have translucend red inserts instead of solid red and the ''xenon'' insert is translucend blue.

Here's the production playfield
IMG_5914.JPGIMG_5914.JPG

#11 11 years ago

Wow, I would not be surprised to see that double from the $695 it is at now. Good luck I have a CPR gold so I will not bid against you. That is one less person.

#12 11 years ago

I'd like to have the nos Xenon playfield that's currently for sale, but I'm confident it will soon be out of my price range, so I'm not bidding (just watchin). 2 less now.

#13 11 years ago

All of the nos Xenons that come in here for clear, are cracked up ranging from bad to real bad. The one on ebay defiantly will have to be cleared, plus the scratches, and the chunk missing. I just want to warn people that you usually cant see from the pics that bally pf's from that era, are cracked up bad enough that they need to be repainted quite a bit. (the cracking is on the grain from years of expanding and contracting. It is not just the top coat of lacquer, but it is thru the paint. Funny thing is the older stuff is not as bad. I think it has to do with lead in the paint)

The clear magnifies the flaws. With the paint being as old as it is, and with the cracking, it will wear VERY fast if installed as is. You would be crazy to do all of the work without clearing.

The reason I am posting, is if you buy this or another bally from this era (the ss era) be prepared to spend more money than just clear. The pics just don't show the damage.
Good luck, and have a good day. ron

#14 11 years ago

The one on ebay finished up at $810. I'm surprised that it didn't go for more.
Perhaps the small flaws kept the bidding down.
I would have guessed that bidding would have topped $1000. endofauction.JPGendofauction.JPG

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

All of the nos Xenons that come in here for clear, are cracked up ranging from bad to real bad. The one on ebay defiantly will have to be cleared, plus the scratches, and the chunk missing. I just want to warn people that you usually cant see from the pics that bally pf's from that era, are cracked up bad enough that they need to be repainted quite a bit. (the cracking is on the grain from years of expanding and contracting. It is not just the top coat of lacquer, but it is thru the paint. Funny thing is the older stuff is not as bad. I think it has to do with lead in the paint)The clear magnifies the flaws. With the paint being as old as it is, and with the cracking, it will wear VERY fast if installed as is. You would be crazy to do all of the work without clearing.The reason I am posting, is if you buy this or another bally from this era (the ss era) be prepared to spend more money than just clear. The pics just don't show the damage.Good luck, and have a good day. ron

Possibly. I have one that is almost identical to the Ebay one except no wood damage. Mine has one insert that has shifted just enough that you can see a hairline break in the paint, nothing can be felt. Other than that mine has no cracks, it's glossy and fresh. Not selling mine for $800 though, if this one had gone 30-40% higher like I expected I would have had a decision to make.

#16 11 years ago

Ron is right, don't expect 30 year old playfields to look new, even though they are NOS.

Inserts can still be cupped and planking can be all over the map if it was ever stored in a garage.

CPR will do another run on these coming up. The whites will be white, no cupped inserts (although some inserts will need to be reseated) and there will be a lot less work needed.

#17 11 years ago

Is CPR planning a rerun of Xenon

#18 11 years ago

Yes, Stu or Keven said there will be another run in the future.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

All of the nos Xenons that come in here for clear, are cracked up ranging from bad to real bad. The one on ebay defiantly will have to be cleared, plus the scratches, and the chunk missing. I just want to warn people that you usually cant see from the pics that bally pf's from that era, are cracked up bad enough that they need to be repainted quite a bit. (the cracking is on the grain from years of expanding and contracting. It is not just the top coat of lacquer, but it is thru the paint. Funny thing is the older stuff is not as bad. I think it has to do with lead in the paint)
The clear magnifies the flaws. With the paint being as old as it is, and with the cracking, it will wear VERY fast if installed as is. You would be crazy to do all of the work without clearing.
The reason I am posting, is if you buy this or another bally from this era (the ss era) be prepared to spend more money than just clear. The pics just don't show the damage.
Good luck, and have a good day. ron

Ron is correct about these Bally NOS pf's. I have had an NOS EBD and Power Play pfs. I sold the PP as it would have needed hundreds of dollars of work to make it worth swapping. I sent the EBD to Ron and had him do his magic on it.

#20 11 years ago

I'm back on the searching ebay/MrPinball list, and since I'm not in a hurry I'd also like to get on the future CPR Xenon rerun pf list.

#21 11 years ago

I'd love to be on the future list for the Xenon playfield rerun.

#22 11 years ago

It was not me that said CPR would be doing another run of Xenon Playfields, and I have not heard anything from Kevin about it. Although I would be very surprised if we don't re-run this title in the next 5 years or so.....Need to get all the "First Run" titles out of the way before we start doing re-runs.

Disclaimer: My posted comments are My Own and DO NOT REFLECT THE OPNIONS OF CPR OR MIKE OR KEVIN. Objects in Mirror are closer than they appear. This Post is Not to be used as a Flotation Device! End Disclaimer.

Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, Stu or Keven said there will be another run in the future.

#23 11 years ago

I would think another run of Xenon would have a high demand.

#24 11 years ago

There's a bunch of us out there for sure

#25 11 years ago

I have counted 4 people so far that vote for a re-run, but the reality is we need to sell 35-50 of these just to break even...Not seeing those numbers here....

#26 11 years ago

Stu

Based on the people I've talked to - I would guess there must be more than 4 of us. If we could generate an interest list - would that help perpetuate a re-run for the near future?

#27 11 years ago

If there is a count being tallied. Sign me up for one too!

2 months later
#28 10 years ago

I' m also interested, maybe two playfields ...

#29 10 years ago

I have this playfield if anyone still want it ,just send me a PM

#30 10 years ago

I'm reinking 2 Xenon playfields. $600 US each shipped to USA/Canada, if interested. I will start a list & work down to see if the person is buying when finished. Summer 2013

1 month later
#31 10 years ago

I am interested.

Mine is so bad, I am going to use it to practice
artwork repainting.
Backglass is perfect.

#32 10 years ago

I have the one that sold on ebay, and I fixed the wood damage (the proper way that will last) and I have a cpr le gold, with the plack and tshirt. I also have plastics (cpr).
Its all for sale

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bally-xenon-playfield-either-nos-or-cpr-repro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.