• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5370 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#2 6 years ago

The left and right flipper plates are interchangeable. Remove everything from the plate. Use the unused holes to mount everything to the opposite side using the self tapping screws that were originally used. They are usually black screws. The screws will be tight at first, After a couple of turns, back the screw out and then screw it in and it will make new threads.
Also some of the later games, especially Bally/Midway, use a 10-32 size for the coil stop, earlier use a 8-32 which is consistent with all the other screws on the mounting plate. Marco has the earlier plate with the 8-32 holes for the coil stop. If the stop it's self has the large holes you may need to buy new stops.
This method is great if your mounts have stripped holes for the stops. It's a bit of a pain to take everything apart but it's cheaper than buying new.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-613-41

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from debaser:

I didn't realize the flipper plates were interchangeable. I've installed a flipper rebuild from Pinball Life which has 8-32 coil stop holes, I believe. Someone messed up the screw holes for the coil stop on this plate really bad to the point where the screws go in at an angle, causing the coil and the coil stop to be at an angle as well and that binds up the plunger. They bent the bottom plunger stop out so that it wouldn't bind but it's not ideal.
I'll try flipping the base around like you recommended and that should do the trick. Thanks!

It's common that the screw holes for the stops to get wiped out. I can see by the pic that your stop holes are 10-32 consistent with that era of game. Hopefully your rebuild kit came with those screws, if not you need to buy new. You need a self tapping 10-32 hex or phillips no longer than 3/8 in. You may also need to drill the hole larger on the stops. You probably need this stop: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-613-115 The problem with Marco is that they list the same part number for the 8-32 and 10-32 coil stop.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bally-right-flipper-base-plate?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.