WTB: Bally Old Chicago

By Garrett

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

A friend was looking to purchase a Bally Old Chicago in the South East Michigan area. Please let me know if you have one for sale and if so, the condition of the back glass and playfield.

Thanks!
Garrett

#2 10 years ago

I have the backglass in great shape. Just the backglass.

#3 10 years ago

I have an old Chicago nice back glass and playfield. Works perfect $900 shipped via NAVL

#4 10 years ago

annarbor.craigslist.org link

Not mine. Ad has been up for over a year

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

A friend was looking to purchase a Bally Old Chicago in the South East Michigan area. Please let me know if you have one for sale and if so, the condition of the back glass and playfield.
Thanks!
Garrett

Huh. I brought a pretty decent one to the York (PA) show back in October. It was for sale and I didn't want a whole lot for it. Didn't get a nibble. I actually brought it down for a friend who really didn't want me to bring it back. Well I did, and he still has it. He probably still wants to sell it. He is in southern NY state. Let me know if your friend might be interested.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

" target="_blank">annarbor.craigslist.org link
Not mine. Ad has been up for over a year

I did send a link to him about these pins newmantjn. Thought they were a bit overpriced as they have been for sale for such a long time. And also hard to tell the condition from the pics, but they are an option. In this area, overpriced pins do not sell as the local pinheads know the reality of the EM market.

jrpinball, Do you recall the overall condition? Was it working? What was the sale price? Is it running?

Was hoping to find one somewhat in the local area surfsidedetail, appreciate the offer.

Thanks to everyone that responded so far.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

I did send a link to him about these pins newmantjn. Thought they were a bit overpriced as they have been for sale for such a long time. And also hard to tell the condition from the pics, but they are an option. In this area, overpriced pins do not sell as the local pinheads know the reality of the EM market.
jrpinball, Do you recall the overall condition? Was it working? What was the sale price? Is it running?
Was hoping to find one somewhat in the local area surfsidedetail, appreciate the offer.
Thanks to everyone that responded so far.

Backglass is perfect (as they often are) and the playfield is at least an 8/10. Yes, the game was set up and working at the show, and played without a hitch. My friend really wanted to make room for another game, so he was really hoping I would be able to sell it. Not much of anything sold at that show. He would probably take around $450 or so for it. One side of the cabinet is quite faded, but the other side is pretty good. I recall one plastic has a small chunk missing, but other than that, it's a decent "OC" overall.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Thought they were a bit overpriced as they have been for sale for such a long time. And also hard to tell the condition from the pics, but they are an option. In this area, overpriced pins do not sell as the local pinheads know the reality of the EM market.

I guess my thought was one you could inspect, play and pick up for $950. The other you had to buy sight unseen for $900 and deal with shipping. ($450 + $450, but it is all green, right?) Anyway, I know it said "firm" but I gotta believe you wave $800 under his nose for one of those machines and walk if he doesn't budge and......

Or wait until MPE or PATZ. I think there is one of these for sale most every year. It ain't like it's a Mermaid or something.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

I guess my thought was one you could inspect, play and pick up for $950. The other you had to buy sight unseen for $900 and deal with shipping. ($450 + $450, but it is all green, right?) Anyway, I know it said "firm" but I gotta believe you wave $800 under his nose for one of those machines and walk if he doesn't budge and......
Or wait until MPE or PATZ. I think there is one of these for sale most every year. It ain't like it's a Mermaid or something.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's up to the buyer and he has a link to this thread.

Thanks for the information.

#10 10 years ago

There is one on c/l in michigan
kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

#11 10 years ago

Old Chicago pins are like roaches. They are always around. It seems they made 50 million of them (lol) and they are always for sale. This is a 600-800 dollar title.

#12 10 years ago

i have probably one of the nicest original examples that exists. cabinet, playfield and backglass are virtually perfect. shiny silver coin door in and out and all other silver parts as well as the relays and switches. ultra fresh!.
very very clean example.
I'm second owner.
$1700.
cant compare it to the average price game, its well above average in condition and playing ability.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-bally-old-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.