• 19 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by johnnypinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for a nice backglass for a 1968 bally dixieland pinball machine. PM me if you have one or know of one for sale.

Thanks,
John

#2 7 years ago

Here you go... a bit pricey to me ... but the guy has had this for sale for some time.

springfield.craigslist.org link

#3 7 years ago

Tried to contact the guy from craigslist with no reply. Still looking.

Thanks

#4 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure the guy is active, as he as relisted this backglass a number of times.

#5 7 years ago

I'll keep trying to contact him. Any other leads would be greatly appreciated.

John

#7 7 years ago

For the BINGO style game?

#8 7 years ago

Read the first post mate...Pinball

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from 4_amusement_only:

Read the first post mate...Pinball

What he said

#10 7 years ago

I emailed the craigslister of the backglass yesterday evening. This morning he responded he still has the glass.

"Good morning, Yes, I still have it.
We live just off downtown Hollister down by Lake Taneycomo, if want to see"

Try using a different email account as you seem to have a problem with whatever account you are using
to contact this poster. Don't put qualifications on your first contact email such as shipping or a lower price and you will have better luck initiating contact.

Hollister, MO is adjacent to Branson, MO so a trip to Branson to see a few shows might be a good way to
pick up the glass.

Did you check your Spam folders for a response?

I expect this backglass is going to be one of very few that you will be able to locate for sale, if not the only one.

#11 7 years ago

I have a second thought. --- Buy my Amazing Spider Man pin and then you can pick up the machine and the Dixieland backglass at the same time. It is listed in the forum as a for sale item. Lets make a deal.

#12 7 years ago

Just checking, some people refer to them as pinball machines, not me, but just trying to help.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from LEE400:

some people refer to them as pinball machines

Indeed that is true and leads to some confusion.

#14 7 years ago

Thanks Minnesota13

#15 7 years ago

Johnny---the lady with the backglass in Branson, MO contacted me today and told me she was in contact with you -- a week ago. You bumped this thread two days ago ...

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Johnny---the lady with the backglass in Branson, MO contacted me today and told me she was in contact with you -- a week ago. You bumped this thread two days ago ...

Yes. She said she is coming up to Kansas City in two weeks ( which is 3 hours away from me) and could meet me there with it if I wanted it. But you stated "it is a bit pricey" so I thought I would keep my feelers out incase someone had a nicer one without all the flaking of the paint. The back glass has not been purchased by me yet so that is why I bumped the thread. I appreciate the help though.

John

#17 7 years ago

If your waiting for a perfect Dixieland glass you may never find one. I'm not sure if Cliff Rinear still has his Dixieland but he had been looking for a nice back glass for years. I also had a nice Dixieland (fun game by the way) with a toasty back glass. Apparently this title's glass just didn't hold up well.

While agree the Craiglist one isn't a bargain based on condition, your best bet is either the Craigslist replacement or even more expensive BGresto.com option.

2 months later
#18 7 years ago

I'm still looking for an exceptional backglass for Dixieland. I bought the one off of Craigslist (thanks minnesota13 for the heads up) but would still like to find a better one.

John

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside