(Topic ID: 95998)

WTB - Baby Pac-man (Machine) or (Playfield)

By Jean-Luc-Picard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_0794.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG
IMG_0796.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0791.JPG
IMG_0792.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hey Pinheads.

I will be buying my friends Baby Pac-Man. However, it has a worn playfield. I can go down the route of sanding down and applying the layover decal. But I rather do a PF swap. Anyone have one for-sale?

EDIT: now also looking for the entire machine. May still buy my friends, but his needs a TON of work.

#2 9 years ago

Another awesome lighted wall hanger?

#3 9 years ago

Haha of course. That is if I can find a nice PF to swap. But I have I feeling I will have to touch up and clear. The decal overlay looks great. But a very very time consuming task.

#4 9 years ago

Still looking for a "clean" baby pac-man PF. ... Anyone? Also interested in a already decaled overlay + clear coated PF.

#5 9 years ago

Updated to "WTB - Baby Pac-man (Machine) or (Playfield)" Now looking for the entire machine, or a PF.

#6 9 years ago

I can't believe you haven't found a playfield yet. The entire machine usually costs what you generally pay for just a playfield.

#7 9 years ago

Its such a great game. Played my friends till like 5am lol. Hope I can find a PF or a clean machine. Either or.

#8 9 years ago

I have One That has a nice playfield and cabinet I think they a problem with the Mpu board I just have not had time to Work on it. Would make a nice Machine I can Send pictures If you need me to. Thanks

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from markpin2013:

I have One That has a nice playfield and cabinet I think they a problem with the Mpu board I just have not had time to Work on it. Would make a nice Machine I can Send pictures If you need me to. Thanks

Awesome, pictures would be great. I would think shipping an arcade cabinet would be easier/cheaper than a full size pin? Can you also PM me your price?

#10 9 years ago

Here Is some pictures

IMG_0792.JPGIMG_0792.JPG IMG_0791.JPGIMG_0791.JPG IMG_0795.JPGIMG_0795.JPG IMG_0796.JPGIMG_0796.JPG IMG_0793.JPGIMG_0793.JPG IMG_0794.JPGIMG_0794.JPG
#11 9 years ago
Quoted from markpin2013:

Here Is some pictures

IMG_0792.JPG 45 KB

IMG_0791.JPG 39 KB

IMG_0795.JPG 42 KB

IMG_0796.JPG 36 KB

IMG_0793.JPG 261 KB

IMG_0794.JPG 215 KB

Wow that looks nice. I hope it stays in one piece when Jean-Luc gets it . Also act fast on this Jean-Luc, people on Pinside can be vultures at times.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Wow that looks nice. I hope it stays in one piece when Jean-Luc gets it . Also act fast on this Jean-Luc, people on Pinside can be vultures at times.

yeah, only issue is its not working. Dead MPU board.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

yeah, only issue is its not working. Dead MPU board.

C'mon you wired and designed your own lit playfield wall hangers made a awesome T2 mod and flipper decals. I'm sure you can replace an MPU . Just kidding, I get your point.

#14 9 years ago

C'mon you wired and designed your own lit playfield wall hangers made a awesome T2 mod and flipper decals. I'm sure you can replace an MPU . Just kidding, I get your point.

Issue is the $ Not the labor. After Shipping + $200 board + sellers price. It adds up.

#15 9 years ago

Issue is the $ Not the labor. After Shipping + $200 board + sellers price. It adds up.

makes sense. Well I'm sure you could sell the monitor out of it and the marquee and bezel would make good wall hangers too.

#16 9 years ago

I will buy one eventually. Have you ever played one? I strongly recommend it. It's extremely addicting.

#17 9 years ago

I never played one but I watched a ton of videos on youtube. I want one. I have tried to buy one before but I always lose out and the other ones in decent shape that are for sale are way too much for that title, like $1200, no thanks. The ghosts in that game are unrelenting and crazy hard to avoid,

#18 9 years ago

There's one that's been on Fresno's Craigslist for a while now. He says $3,000 firm though.

fresno.craigslist.org link

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

There's one that's been on Fresno's Craigslist for a while now. He says $3,000 firm though.

fresno.craigslist.org link

"Baby Pac Man pinball machine ,worth $6,000. on e bay
$3,000. FIRM" WOW! That guy is insane.

#20 9 years ago

I never played one but I watched a ton of videos on youtube. I want one. I have tried to buy one before but I always lose out and the other ones in decent shape that are for sale are way too much for that title, like $1200, no thanks. The ghosts in that game are unrelenting and crazy hard to avoid,

Yeah, the ghosts are soo fast. But I love how hard it is. Its exhilarating. I think I will just stay with my friends project. Just SOOO much restoration to do.

#21 9 years ago

They are worth it. Here is the one I bought before and after:

I am sure your buddies isn't this bad:
IMG_1050.JPGIMG_1050.JPG

Took about a week to build a new cabinet and get it painted:
IMG_1243.JPGIMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1139.JPGIMG_1139.JPG

Clear coated the playfield. The only reason I took on the project was everything except the cabinet was mint.

#22 9 years ago

It's a really fun yet hard game. I have a brand new cabinet, new sideart, and CPO. I had a playfield overlay. But by the time I went to use it, the mylar had delaminated from the print in a small spot. My playfield is a 8.5/10, so no sense in trading small imperfections for a new one. It would be great if CPR ran the playfield. I've read they own the inserts but don't have the art.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

Took about a week to build a new cabinet and get it painted:

Clear coated the playfield. The only reason I took on the project was everything except the cabinet was mint.

IMG_1139.JPG 294 KB

IMG_1243.JPG 432 KB

IMG_1050.JPG 243 KB

#24 9 years ago

There's a very nice condition PF for sale in NJ for $250

Here's a link cnj.craigslist.org link

Even populated...with the nicer (easier) central lamp board.

I'd get it if the one I am buying didn't already have a near mint PF

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I've read they own the inserts but don't have the art.

Vector Playfield Art: http://www.jean-luc-picard.com/Baby_Pac_Man_playfield.aiI have a 6 head press. But sanding it down, may as well just use the decal.

Quoted from Major-Havoc:

haha wow, that cabinet is destroyed. I also will need to do some cabinet repair and re-paint it. But, not that bad.

#26 9 years ago

Vector Playfield Art: http://www.jean-luc-picard.com/Baby_Pac_Man_playfield.aiI have a 6 head press. But sanding it down, may as well just use the decal.

haha wow, that cabinet is destroyed. I also will need to do some cabinet repair and re-paint it. But, not that bad.

Remember the two most important things when restoring that playfield art..................Bevel and Emboss!

#27 9 years ago

Remember the two most important things when restoring that playfield art..................Bevel and Emboss!

lol, well luckily in this case its not a stern, so the artwork is actually nice.

#28 9 years ago

Im selling my Baby pac man working for 750 I consider it in good condition. In Oklahoma if anyone is interested. Have new control panel overlay but not installed as of yet.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-baby-pac-man-playfield-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.