(Topic ID: 75595)

WTB: AVLE (Blue or Hulk), Other Possible Titles Too-- Thanks!

By usandthem

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Cobray
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 3.41.12 PM.png
#1 10 years ago

I've been looking for a while. As much as I enjoy searching, there comes a point in time where you have to take the next step.

My top priority is a mint HUO AVLE (blue or Hulk) for @5K. (Am I the only person left who likes this game?) I see that Eric Bundy's hasn't gotten a lot of action at 5K so I think I'm making an acceptable offer for any potential sellers. I just want something that I can pick up and is within 2-3 hours of Metro Detroit. Will go a up a little for a modded one or down a little for less than mint. Would pay the same for XMLE (Wolverine or Magneto) although that title is a notch down for me. Would also go $5500 for AC/DC Premium.

So, if anyone is on the fence to sell and you don't want to bother with extensive marketing of your game and are ready for an easy transaction, please respond here, send a PM, or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks a lot!

#2 10 years ago

you can get a NIB AVLE blue from JJ at game exchange in Colorado (Gexchange) for a good price due to $1000 credit towards another NIB down the road

#3 10 years ago

For TAV I'd recommend a HUO where someone has already done the work tweaking it.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

For TAV I'd recommend a HUO where someone has already done the work tweaking it.

Most of us that have spent the time to get this game to play properly are not going to let it go, my Hulk isn't going anywhere.
I couldn't buy a game to replace it with 5K and it is a favorite of everyone who plays it.
I know it doesn't get a lot of love but it is the full package of light sound and gameplay.
Mine plays like a smooth criminal now, it was a PIA to get it here but I no longer have to remove the glass.
I was offered an AC/DC for it, no way I will eventually get one but not at the cost of giving up my Hulk.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Most of us that have spent the time to get this game to play properly are not going to let it go, my Hulk isn't going anywhere.
I couldn't buy a game to replace it with 5K and it is a favorite of everyone who plays it.
I know it doesn't get a lot of love but it is the full package of light sound and gameplay.

Agreed! Super fun, great music and light FX!

The only "negative" is that you have to have really long games on it....you can set the game up harder to kick your ass more, but the way the content in the game is set up - it's just a long-style game...you can't get around it. Even if you set it up so it takes lets shots to start/assemble Avengers - you get to a point where every mode you start is a Vs. Multiball ...which gets you into even longer ball times.

Now that being said, the game offers really fun challenges within that lengthy play. I really enjoy trying to complete the Vs. modes...I really enjoy getting to Attack on the Helicarrier....love the Multiballs & the Jackpot rules. The tough thing about long-play games - will it stay exciting or get monotonous. The high bar is TSPP & LOTR - always something new to uncover. The low bar (IMO) is TF & BDK....long games, but get boring due to the same things happening over and over. Avengers is somewhere in the middle - it does not have the naunce/mystery/adventure of TSPP/LOTR - but it's more compelling than TF or BDK.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I've been looking for a while. As much as I enjoy searching, there comes a point in time where you have to take the next step.
My top priority is a mint HUO AVLE (blue or Hulk) for @5K. (Am I the only person left who likes this game?) I see that Eric Bundy's hasn't gotten a lot of action at 5K so I think I'm making an acceptable offer for any potential sellers. I just want something that I can pick up and is within 2-3 hours of Metro Detroit. Will go a up a little for a modded one or down a little for less than mint. Would pay the same for XMLE (Wolverine or Magneto) although that title is a notch down for me. Would also go $5500 for AC/DC Premium.
So, if anyone is on the fence to sell and you don't want to bother with extensive marketing of your game and are ready for an easy transaction, please respond here, send a PM, or e-mail me at [email protected].
Thanks a lot!

Eric Bundy has an AV LE blue for sale. Documented HUO fully tuned. He is in CT

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-avengers-limited-edition-blue-5000

#7 10 years ago

Hope you are able to track one down. I love my Hulk LE. It is the game that gets the most play when people come over. Make sure you get the Tesseract mod. A definite must have.

#8 10 years ago

Hulk is one of the best "bash" toys in pinball.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

you can get a NIB AVLE blue from JJ at game exchange in Colorado (Gexchange) for a good price due to $1000 credit towards another NIB down the road

Quoted from LitzDoc:

Eric Bundy has an AV LE blue for sale. Documented HUO fully tuned. He is in CT

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-avengers-limited-edition-blue-5000

Thanks for the tips, guys. I made reference to the one that Eric listed in my OP. That's where I got the 5K price from. I figured that it's a reasonable offer when there has been no action on that price by a very reputable pinsider.

JJ's deal might be okay for someone looking to buy 2 NIB (AVLE Blue AND something else) in the near future. I'm definitely not that person. Now, if he simply offered $5500 shipped with no other gimmicks, I'd probably consider it.

Like I said, I just put it out there and if anything comes of it, that's great. I'll be on the lookout otherwise.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I figured that it's a reasonable offer when there has been no action on that price by a very reputable pinsider.

I wouldn't really call it a "reasonable offer", but more like offering the lowest listed/selling price for this title vs. all of the others that have sold higher.

I don't believe there are many AV LE blues that are owners hands that will let go of it at that price, unless they are desperate to free up cash/space. Who knows though, in todays market, ya never know…

I'd love to think that all of the WOZ LE's are $7K, TFLE's are $4K, etc, in my area because one sold like that somewhere.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I wouldn't really call it a "reasonable offer", but more like offering the lowest listed/selling price for this title vs. all of the others that have sold higher.
I don't believe there are many AV LE blues that are owners hands that will let go of it at that price, unless they are desperate to free up cash/space. Who knows though, in todays market, ya never know…
I'd love to think that all of the WOZ LE's are $7K, TFLE's are $4K, etc, in my area because one sold like that somewhere.

I respectfully disagree. Any Avengers LE that has been in the low 5's has sat for months in the "Market", and many of those have the $100 cube mod and more. They just keep getting renewed time and time again. Again, a beautiful AVLE Blue has been sitting idle for over a week for 5K. I would take action on it if it wasn't for the distance. Pinball Refinery just sold a mint XMLE Magneto. I don't know what the selling price was, but the asking was $5095. And I'm pretty sure that one had a shaker motor. I don't think I'm lowballing (you didn't accuse me of that- I'm just inferring). High prices always set the market, but low ones don't? I don't agree with that.

#12 10 years ago

A lot of people follow the herd once a game is declared a turd.
I have had a few people play my game that don't understand why it gets slammed, I think this is one of those titles that will go up as more people play one that is tuned up.
Personally I don't care what the market does on this one I have mine and it isn't going anywhere.
Hulk smash puny Metallica into puppet paste.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I respectfully disagree. Any Avengers LE that has been in the low 5's has sat for months in the "Market", and many of those have the $100 cube mod and more. They just keep getting renewed time and time again. Again, a beautiful AVLE Blue has been sitting idle for over a week for 5K. I would take action on it if it wasn't for the distance. Pinball Refinery just sold a mint XMLE Magneto. I don't know what the selling price was, but the asking was $5095. And I'm pretty sure that one had a shaker motor. I don't think I'm lowballing (you didn't accuse me of that- I'm just inferring). High prices always set the market, but low ones don't? I don't agree with that.

No disrespect taken, and I hope you understand my post that none was directed at you.

One machine up in CT is listed at $5K, but I haven't seen any others listed at that. Just like the $7K WOZ LE, I'd snag one up in a new york minute if one was close. But it may not be the norm. Perhaps it may be soon? Who knows. I don't know of any other WOZ LE owner that's willing to let theirs go for even close to that though.

Good luck with your search, it's a fun game, and if you can find one at that price it's definitely worth it!!

#14 10 years ago

I had a buddy PM me, and he looked at that pin… maybe HUO, but not mint if you look at the saucer hole.. which is the reason he passed on buying it.

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 3.41.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-01 at 3.41.12 PM.png

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I had a buddy PM me, and he looked at that pin… maybe HUO, but not mint if you look at the saucer hole.. which is the reason he passed on buying it.

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 3.41.1... 514 KB

That's great to know. I really appreciate it. This is why buying sight unseen is not really for me. What is it with Stern holes getting chewed up so fast? Any old B/W games with similar holes could be 15-20 years old, once on a route, and played to death and the holes would not look that way. Just look at any JM or Congo for proof.

#16 10 years ago

Actually, that saucer is ok. That's moleskin on the inside of the front edge. A few owners were using that to prevent the ball from popping out on a drop from the ramp above before Stern came out with their plastic fix. The moleskin was also probably also serving to protect the front of the hole from wear, kind of like a cliffy

#17 10 years ago

That does not look like a chewed up saucer hole. That looks like he has applied mole skin to try to decrease the number of bounce outs from the dropped ball. Easily removed, but probably makes play much better.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

That looks like the moleskin mod to reduce bounce outs to me.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

No way that's huo. Mine has 725 plays on it and it still looks like new. Bounce outs are prevented by an adapter to the drop down that stern supplies. It's shrinks the drop down hole just enough to slow it down so it drops more slowly into the saucer. Works perfectly, one of the "tweaks" required on this game.

#20 10 years ago

I pulled it up in Photoshop. Its definitely mole skin. He also has a piece of dead drop foam on the plastic above for the same reason. Bounce outs from the saucer are a major complaint.

#21 10 years ago

I have an HUO Blue with a good amount of play time and my saucer looks nothing like that one in picture. I would almost second guess that it is HUO or the guy let it bounce back and forth to hell without putting plastic spacer fix from Stern?

#22 10 years ago

hey that's mole skin ... not wear!!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

hey that's mole skin ... not wear!!

I don't see the plastic Stern sent to control the ball in that photo, so that machine may be eligible to have it sent that care package from Stern (drop plastic, protector for the ball so that hulk doesn't smash it through the cabinet).

but obviously a previous owner has tweaked out the game, which was my point. I'm a Hulk LE owner as well, so it was not a diss against the game.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I pulled it up in Photoshop. Its definitely mole skin. He also has a piece of dead drop foam on the plastic above for the same reason. Bounce outs from the saucer are a major complaint.

Hmm, may be useful for him to list that! When I looked at the pic, I also thought it was wear!!

Nice catch!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-avle-blue-or-hulk-other-possible-titles-too-thanks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.