• Latest reply 10 years ago by j_m_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hoboK.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I'm interested in purchasing an AFM (any condition) within driving distance of the Philadelphia area. Willing to field all offers. Thanks for reading.

#2 10 years ago

Moved from buying/selling advice to the market place sub forum. Good luck!!!

Consider an RFM as well, totally different platform but way cool game with even better humor.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Consider an RFM as well, totally different platform but way cool game with even better humor.

Debatable!

The humor in RFM is good, but unlike AFM, it's humor is dated with references to people like Bill Clinton. AFM's humor is timeless/classic.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The humor in RFM is good, but unlike AFM, it's humor is dated with references to people like Bill Clinton.

The Clinton humor is coming back. What is old is new again. "Hillary you gotta see this"

#5 10 years ago

"...any female martians???"

#6 10 years ago

RFM good also but no comparison. Good luck in your search. It is one of the best ever made IMHO.

#7 10 years ago

This should be a question on the sat

AFM is to RFM as

A. Caddyshack is to Caddyshack II

#8 10 years ago

I'm still willing to part with my professionally restored one, for the right price.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-fully-restored-afm-near-cincy-oh

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This should be a question on the sat
AFM is to RFM as
A. Caddyshack is to Caddyshack II

So you're saying RFM is the pin equivalent of Jackie Mason? Ouch...

#10 10 years ago

I'm stilling willing to part with my amateurishly restored one, for the right price. http://s920.photobucket.com/user/taylorva72/slideshow/AFM

#11 10 years ago

I would sell my hobo-restored one for the right price.

#12 10 years ago

Yep, I would sell mine too I guess

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Yep, I would sell mine too I guess

Who restored it? In this thread we already have a pro restore, an amateur restore, and a hobo restore all offering to be sold for the right price.

#14 10 years ago

Wonder what the "right price" is?

#15 10 years ago

my right price is 10k

#16 10 years ago

Mine is just a nice example with some fade.....mine was restored to its current condition by the pinball inside

#17 10 years ago

Who restored it? In this thread we already have a pro restore, an amateur restore, and a hobo restore all offering to be sold for the right price.

If the hobo is named Kelly then you are looking at around 13.5K without the cheese pump.

hoboK.jpghoboK.jpg

#18 10 years ago

I own both AFM and RFM and they both are great machines. RFM is an amazing technological marvel and a great-playing game. As is AFM. I would have a hard time choosing one over the other.

#19 10 years ago

Here's a question for you guys - I found an AFM from a guy in NJ. I'd have to see it in person, but it looks good. Seems to have a really nice (but dirty) playfield (stroke of luck scoop shows virtually zero wear) and although the cabinet is faded it's not terrible (reds are now orange). With a nice shop, and LEDs, I think I can get the playfield looking new. The price on this one is $9k. Too much? What do you think? And are the prices on this pin going up or staying about the same?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from ViperZ:

Here's a question for you guys - I found an AFM from a guy in NJ. I'd have to see it in person, but it looks good. Seems to have a really nice (but dirty) playfield (stroke of luck scoop shows virtually zero wear) and although the cabinet is faded it's not terrible (reds are now orange). With a nice shop, and LEDs, I think I can get the playfield looking new. The price on this one is $9k. Too much? What do you think? And are the prices on this pin going up or staying about the same?

I think 10k for mine is too low.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from ViperZ:

Way too much. I own one, no agenda here.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Way too much. I own one, no agenda here.

What do you think would be a reasonable offer? Are the prices on AFM going down then? I've seen shopped examples for 12k +

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from ViperZ:

What do you think would be a reasonable offer? Are the prices on AFM going down then? I've seen shopped examples for 12k +

Afm doesn't fetch $10k unless it's been restored by a big name. It sounds alot like ovfdfiremans $7k machine, doesn't it?

#24 10 years ago

I think a good machine tops out at 7-9. 5k more for a professional restore. Just my opinion. All depends on how badly you want one and what you want to pay for varying quality.

#25 10 years ago

$9K!! Holy crap,I traded mine for a NIB Magneto.

#26 10 years ago

$13k for a hep proto on eBay. ebay.com link: Attack From Mars RARE PROTOTYPE 9 High End Pins

Edit: just for a reference point. It doesn't get much better than this combo.

#27 10 years ago

Prices on every machine are down, and I don't think AFM is any exception. 9k is too much IMO.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I think a good machine tops out at 7-9. 5k more for a professional restore. Just my opinion. All depends on how badly you want one and what you want to pay for varying quality.

I agree completely.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Prices on every machine are down, and I don't think AFM is any exception. 9k is too much IMO.

I couldn't come close to replacing mine for that, I would be lucky to find a base game out here for 7.
I would have 82 spent just getting the game and the new PF.
Then there is the Bill Ung mods, shaker, ramps, Kerry weldments, ramp protectors LEDs, decals, targets, switches, new legs, levelers, leg plates, bolts, Pincabs,Pinbits squiggles and protectors, new coindoor, manuals, FF sound, boards rebuilt w/off board holder, backbox mods, jiggly Martians, new flipper and pop mechs, coil sleeves, Cliffy post sleeves, rubber, hardware and a baby's arm holding an apple.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I couldn't come close to replacing mine for that, I would be lucky to find a base game out here for 7.
I would have 82 spent just getting the game and the new PF.
Then there is the Bill Ung mods, shaker, ramps, Kerry weldments, ramp protectors LEDs, decals, targets, switches, new legs, levelers, leg plates, bolts, Pincabs,Pinbits squiggles and protectors, new coindoor, manuals, FF sound, boards rebuilt w/off board holder, backbox mods, jiggly Martians, new flipper and pop mechs, coil sleeves, Cliffy post sleeves, rubber, hardware and a baby's arm holding an apple.

I couldn't come anywhere close to replacing mine for that either. But the game the OP described isn't anywhere close to your game (or mine, for that matter). His sounds closer to a base game that you mentioned above, with a faded cab as well. I wouldn't pay 9k for it. If it has the things you described then the price could certainly vary.

#31 10 years ago

edit: nevermind.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from ViperZ:

What do you think would be a reasonable offer?

i never answered your question and i'd have a hard time doing so without seeing it but... I'd say $5500-6500 is fairly safe "break even" territory, assuming your description is accurate. You *should* post some pictures so we can give you a better idea on value. Be careful if they might give out the location, although i feel $9K is crazy if it has ANY playfiled wear and fade.

#33 10 years ago

I think 9 grand is crazy too. Just going off the OP's description and I'm basing this mostly off the "zero wear around the sol" comment, I'd go with 7 to 7500.

#34 10 years ago

I found a nice one here in town that an operator bought new. I offered $4K & he took it. Then a while later I realized that I didn't care for it & was glad I didn't offer any more!

#35 10 years ago

I'd still expect to drop 7-8k for a routed AFM. Collectors are cleaning them up and holding them longer these days.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I'd still expect to drop 7-8k for a routed AFM. Collectors are cleaning them up and holding them longer these days.

Unless one has been restored by a big name person I haven't seen a really nice modded one go for over 10k. That prototype HEP on a no reserve auction we all watched only brought in 13k. I rememeber a gorgeous one restored by a non-name guy this time last year wouldn't sell for 10k here on pinside. He dropped it to 9k after a few weeks and them it sold for who knows what.

Not price policing, don't really care, but this title hasn't seen the level of price run up many believe it has. Great game though.

#37 10 years ago

I sold a routed one with slight SOL wear for 7300 in May. It's still a solid game.

Games "restored" by people without credentials are not an accurate way to judge the market. This past weekend I was offered a "fully restored" game. First thing I saw as I approached the machine was spray paint covering half the artwork under the start button and shooter rod! ...not to mention all the people out there that do "new decals", but don't even bother to fill the lock bar holes near the coin door. Lol!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I sold a routed one with slight SOL wear for 7300 in May. It's still a solid game.
Games "restored" by people without credentials are not an accurate way to judge the market. This past weekend I was offered a "fully restored" game. First thing I saw as I approached the machine was spray paint covering half the artwork under the start button and shooter rod! ...not to mention all the people out there that do "new decals", but don't even bother to fill the lock bar holes near the coin door. Lol!

The lock bar is factory so a real restoration would have the brackets.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

The lock bar is factory so a real restoration would have the brackets.

Well the real question here is does he mean the holes weren't filled AND the brackets weren't installed back in either lol

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Debatable!
The humor in RFM is good, but unlike AFM, it's humor is dated with references to people like Bill Clinton.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Clinton humor is coming back. What is old is new again. "Hillary you gotta see this"

and "take the first lady, but leave my monster truck!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 21.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-attack-from-mars-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.