$_57 (5).jpg
$_57 (4).jpg
$_57 (3).jpg
$_57 (2).jpg
DSC_0067.jpg
1622583_807453109315049_6234690010693560954_o.jpg
FullSizeRender (19).jpg
image.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

I've searched high and low for this and regret not buying the one that was for sale a few months ago in Canada...

Anyone know of someone with this machine that would sell?

8/7/14 - The search continues - Found one in poor condition - of which the guy wanted 2 of my firstborns for.

Been working a few other leads but nothing has yet panned out

10/15/14 - she got delivered a few weeks ago - I will be updating this thread with her restoration progress...

11/26/14 - continuing work on the upper arch. Going with a decal.. arches are primed, need to be drilled and painted... decals should be here 1st week of December

#2 9 years ago

Anyone?

#3 9 years ago

Some day I may sell in the future. It's the best condition machine I have, and rarest, and I would like to keep it for a good while longer. I'll be happy to keep you in mind going fwd.

She has led a very sheltered life since 1980, except that I did bring her to Texas Pinball Festival 2013 and to Houston Pinball & Arcade Expo 2013. She held up well and played great. Steve Ritchie said it felt and played like a new machine. That sure was nice to hear.

Good luck with your search. Unknown how many of the 211 produced are still around.

Cheers!

#4 9 years ago

I'm still kicking myself for not buying an Asteroid Annie from a local pinball flipper about 10 years ago. The bg was flaking and missing chunks; this was before the era of repro bgs and playfields. Think it sold on eBay for $700.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Some day I may sell in the future. It's the best condition machine I have, and rarest, and I would like to keep it for a good while longer. I'll be happy to keep you in mind going fwd.
She has led a very sheltered life since 1980, except that I did bring her to Texas Pinball Festival 2013 and to Houston Pinball & Arcade Expo 2013. She held up well and played great. Steve Ritchie said it felt and played like a new machine. That sure was nice to hear.
Good luck with your search. Unknown how many of the 211 produced are still around.
Cheers!

Is yours the one with Red legs?

#6 9 years ago

She has led a very sheltered life since 1980, except that I did bring her to Texas Pinball Festival 2013 and to Houston Pinball & Arcade Expo 2013.

Damn! Wish I would have gone to TPF in 2013, I would love to play it. Will you be bringing it to TPF again?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

It has original chrome legs.

Quoted from dothedoo:

Will you be bringing it to TPF again?

Doubtful, but who knows.

#8 9 years ago

#9 9 years ago

I feel your pain, I am kicking myself for not grabbing the one on Mr Pin last May for $900-I think it was the same one that was re-listed this April/May in Canada

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I feel your pain, I am kicking myself for not grabbing the one on Mr Pin last May for $900-I think it was the same one that was re-listed this April/May in Canada

that one he told me he decided not to sell after all.

1 week later
#11 9 years ago

This playfield isnt going to find itself a home...

image (6).jpegimage (6).jpeg
#12 9 years ago

Very nice! Is that an NOS playfield?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Very nice! Is that an NOS playfield?

Yes! Its currently out getting cleared ...

1 week later
#14 9 years ago

Still looking...

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Yes! Its currently out getting cleared ...

I just seen this exact same playfield at Rons the other day, very cool and Ron will make it amazing as always.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I just seen this exact same playfield at Rons the other day, very cool and Ron will make it amazing as always.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

I cant wait to see it!

#17 9 years ago

Just curious... How much would one have to have in their Swiss bank account to talk you out of that playfield and give it a home in their machine?

I have been looking for a NOS for a loooooong time...

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Just curious... How much would one have to have in their Swiss bank account to talk you out of that playfield and give it a home in their machine?
I have been looking for a NOS for a loooooong time...

I've been looking for a complete game for awhile. I dont really want to sell the PF. So you should sell me your game

If you can convince CPR to run it, i'd gladly send it in for scanning. (CPR probably would stay far away for a few reasons; Mondial/Gottlieb has large financial requirements, With only 200ish Annies made, they would largely be making it for wall art(unless they did the backglass and plastics also, then people could make their own Annie)

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Mine has red legs. I saw another with them and had to follow the lead. It's easily my rarest game and in reasonable shape. Probably the last one I'd ever sell however. I got it after years of trying to convince the operator to sell it to me. . Come to the SPM and enjoy it!

1 week later
#20 9 years ago

Bueller?

#21 9 years ago

I have been bugging him to sell me the pf since it arrived here, so if he sold it, it may get lost in shipping.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have been bugging him to sell me the pf since it arrived here, so if he sold it, it may get lost in shipping.

Lots of people want this PF - nobody wants to sell me their game...

#23 9 years ago

Someone sell me their Annie - before Kruzman heads north for Canada - never to be seen again

#24 9 years ago

I almost bought one in Canada as well. Was that the one with the so-so sound board?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I almost bought one in Canada as well. Was that the one with the so-so sound board?

There are 2 in Canada that I know of - both fully function; each with their own issues.

#26 9 years ago

I got a good laugh out of that one!

#27 9 years ago

Really great looking game! Good luck with the search!

#28 9 years ago

I sent mine to the dump. Also sent 2 Bally Spectrum pins, after salvaging minor parts. Along with many EM pins. Space is a issue, so back in the early days before CPR. Many pins that weren't quickly repairable or that were poor got junked for a few parts. Many operators did the same over the years, just salvage few parts to keep better pins going. My early days I bought many early Bally electronic pins, usually got 50% working & sellable condition. The rest were junked for parts, before aftermarket electronics became available. EM's mostly were filler & sent to the dump.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I sent mine to the dump. Also sent 2 Bally Spectrum pins, after salvaging minor parts. Along with many EM pins. Space is a issue, so back in the early days before CPR. Many pins that weren't quickly repairable or that were poor got junked for a few parts. Many operators did the same over the years, just salvage few parts to keep better pins going. My early days I bought many early Bally electronic pins, usually got 50% working & sellable condition. The rest were junked for parts, before aftermarket electronics became available. EM's mostly were filler & sent to the dump.

Thinking about this just hurts - but its just what they did in the day. I've heard of ops hiring people to just smash up cabinets so they'd fit in the dumpster

1 month later
#30 9 years ago

Thanks all that helped - finally found her!

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

#31 9 years ago

Whoa!...the ol' girl needs some help...

#32 9 years ago

Congrats! Glad you got one to put that NOS pf into. Guess Kruzman won't be going to Canada now huh? Make sure to share pics when its restored and set up ok?

#33 9 years ago

Way to go iwantansi! This is great news. If you lived nearby, I would help you work on it.
How good of condition is the cabinet and backglass?
Enjoy your new (to you) early 80's Gottlieb Sys 1 ss pinball machine.
Great artwork on this pin.

#34 9 years ago

Way to go iwantansi! This is great news. If you lived nearby, I would help you work on it.
How good of condition is the cabinet and backglass?
Enjoy your new (to you) early 80's Gottlieb Sys 1 ss pinball machine.
Great artwork on this pin.

Cabinet is surprisingly good. It looks like this game has lived its recent life in Canada as it has Canadian coin mechs and for some reason an additional transformer in it(not hard wired though)

The back glass is signed by John Buras, I would rate it a 7 out of 10 as it has some flaking at the bottom. We think we are going to go with a repro from BGresto and just keep the old one as a wall hanger.

We've got 2 hurdles to overcome -

we have a broken plastic behind the right target bank - will need a scan of this

the upper arch is scratched up, we plan on having someone redraw the art off of a scan and then we can work on printing it out on perhaps a clear decal after painting the base coat of the arch

#35 9 years ago

Nice score! I have a set of NOS plastics stored away somewhere, if nobody beats me to it I can scan that for you (may take a little time).

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

The back glass is signed by John Buras, I would rate it a 7 out of 10 as it has some flaking at the bottom. We think we are going to go with a repro from BGresto and just keep the old one as a wall hanger.

I thought you had to give up your original glass in exchange for the bgresto.

2 weeks later
#38 9 years ago

This is going to be a longgg restore - you may have seen the thread with the NOS Kruzman cleared PF

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pics-of-a-rare-pf

So we have that lined up and ready to go in to the game.

We've procured a staple gun and staples along with the ground braid to run new stuff.. but will probably not start on this for a while as we have a few restorations ahead of this one to do...

My primary concerns are to gather what we need to make this game "right"

The upper arch on this game looks like someone tried to scrape a sticker off of it - damaging it unfortunately... will be working on the art to have this recreated - whether it be a decal or screened

Clipboard01Aa.jpgClipboard01Aa.jpg

Other things on our list to do...

scans of plastics and figuring out how to remake them

Backglass - one is on order from bgresto. Our current BG has some flaking and is signed by the designer John Buras -

repaint the cabinet - we arent sure yet if we want to do this or not yet..the cab has some missing wood around the lock in the head...

1 week later
#39 9 years ago

Major congrats! I can't wait to see the end result.

1 week later
#40 9 years ago

Let me know if I can be of any help? We have one that is fairly decent when it wants to work....

#41 9 years ago

Congrats to the OP for being persistent and getting this pin. I bought it and had it folded for months.
I didn't even have the keys for it, had not unwrapped it at all; realized I would not get to restoring it.

I had no hesitation selling to iwantansi once I finally realized that I needed to let it go to be restored.
All the very best with this project. Looking forward to your progress and pictures. Cheers. Enjoy.

#42 9 years ago

Not much progress yet - got my hands on a set of undamaged plastics and have 600DPI scans... need to figure out how to truly reproduce the whole set.. if anyone has suggestions on how to do this - it would be great... (I have contacted the people that repro plastic sets and none are interested for such a small production machine)

allresized.jpgallresized.jpg

Some Gottliebs out there donated their arches - I will be making a few of these - shouldnt be too tough... fill holes not needed on donor aprons, paint base coat and screen or have decal printed

FullSizeRender (13).jpgFullSizeRender (13).jpg

#43 9 years ago

Watching closely, thanks for sharing!

1 week later
#44 9 years ago

Artwork for arch... its printed on paper at the moment...

FullSizeRender (19).jpgFullSizeRender (19).jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpgFullSizeRender (20).jpg

FullSizeRender (21).jpgFullSizeRender (21).jpg
FullSizeRender (22).jpgFullSizeRender (22).jpg

1 week later
#45 9 years ago

Paint is drying... Artwork is ordered... image.jpgimage.jpg

#46 9 years ago

Played this at PHOF last month. Their's looked brand spanking new. Can't say I loved the gameplay, but it was still cool playing a 34 year old pin that looked like it could have been unboxed yesterday. Good luck with the restore!

#47 9 years ago

Got the decals.. they are very nice looking.. BUT they printed them the wrong size... giving the company a chance to rectify the problem...

FullSizeRender (19).jpgFullSizeRender (19).jpg

Was also looking at waterslide decals... i've got a multifunction copier/printer/scanner at work - when I try to print there are scratches and black marks when printing on the decal..

Tried to print using my color laser at home and am getting imperfections as well (when printing on waterslide decals)

I bought them from decalpaper.com specifically for laser printers... The other issue I have is that for half of the arch - it needs to print on 11x17 paper....

#48 9 years ago

All this Asteroid Annie love has prompted me to bring mine home to be set up and pampered......and to do some board rebuilds too.....

#49 9 years ago

Not mine... but got to work on it this past weekend... this one is in pretty nice condition.. original backglass that has been triple thicked.. has some slight flaking... playfield overall is in great condition...

1622583_807453109315049_6234690010693560954_o.jpg1622583_807453109315049_6234690010693560954_o.jpg

#50 9 years ago

looks very nice!

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-asteroid-annie-and-the-aliens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.