• Latest reply 10 years ago by Miknan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

PM me...I'm in Philly.

1 week later
#3 10 years ago

Looks like 14 on Mr. Pinball right now, including several that are driving distance from Philly.

Work out a deal and go grab one!

#4 10 years ago

Here's one from The Bash; you've got to be a member with X amount of posts to view listings/contact the seller--so if you're interested, PM me with your addy and I'll put you guys in touch with each other.

"Hello all,

I have a very nice AFM for sale. My AFM is indeed lovely and has just about every major upgrade one can get:

New decals

Color DMD

Flipper Fidelity sound system

Installed shaker motor

Bill Ung saucer mod

Bill Ung hallway mod

Red eyed martians (all four martians)

LEDs with red LEDs in the martians eyes in the backbox

Upgraded strobe assembly

Cliffy's throughout

Backboard decal

Motorized bank decal

Remote battery pack

New legs

For lots of pictures, please see: https://plus.google.com/photos/114988309181901783243/albums/5881996525580464545?authkey=CJGviPyLheeSdA

And a quick video:

Arcade AFM 272

The only issues I know of are a little minor wrinkling near leg and a little wear near the extra ball insert (please see pictures).

As a note, I bought the AFM a year ago and I have had a lot of mods to the game (plays really fast and smooth in my opinion), yet I never recall taking out the coin box from the inside of the cabinet. However, I when I went to take pictures I was surprised to see what looks like a stain (please see pictures) at the bottom inside the cabinet (since it is inside the cabinet that makes no difference), yet the wood seems solid and there is nothing that I can see on the underside of the cabinet (again, please see the pictures).

I have approximately $10,000 in the game thus I am hoping to get my money back. I know this is a a lot of money and I hope any price police will forgive me.

The game is currently in Tampa Florida and I would prefer a local sale due to the nature of shipping pinball machines. However, if someone would like to ship (such as by North American Van Lines or STI Shippers) that is fine yet all shipping arrangements and fees, including insurance if one desires, are the responsibility of the buyer. Also, if you wish to pay via PayPal that too is fine so long as all PayPal fees are paid by the buyer (usually PayPal charges 3%).

Please let me know if there are any questions."

#5 10 years ago

Or buy mine and I'll pay shipping.

#6 10 years ago

There seems to be a glut of AFM on market...I think under 7k should get you a nice one right now heading into to slow summer months.

#7 10 years ago

Yeah I agree bills fan...looking to spend around that area. I've had a few people email me theirs for around $10k. Thank you, of course, but that price tag is a bit too high. Looking for a non-faded cab with a good pf. Thanks!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

There seems to be a glut of AFM on market...I think under 7k should get you a nice one right now heading into to slow summer months.

I would hazard a guess that there are more AFM's on the market right now than any other machine. They don't seem to sell quick, but there are a ton on the market.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Looks like 14 on Mr. Pinball right now, including several that is driving distance from Philly.
Work out a deal and go grab one!

Only 6 of them from 2013, and I know 2 of them are no longer active, so really 4 I'd say possibly active sales on Mr. Pinball.

#10 10 years ago

Nite bump.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Only 6 of them from 2013, and I know 2 of them are no longer active, so really 4 I'd say possibly active sales on Mr. Pinball.

I stopped bothering with mr. Pinball awhile ago. The games listed at reasonable prices are usually gone before they even get to mr. Pinball because they are listed elsewhere as well, and there isn't a delay in the posts showing up on those sites. I'm guessing you see the same thing.

Case in point, there is a LOTR on there dated may 30. The game actually already sold here on pinside four days ago.

As someone who spends a lot of time watching and reading for sale ads, that site isn't even on my radar anymore. Maybe others have luck with it, I don't bother.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I stopped bothering with mr. Pinball awhile ago. The games listed at reasonable prices are usually gone before they even get to mr. Pinball because they are listed elsewhere as well, and there isn't a delay in the posts showing up on those sites. I'm guessing you see the same thing.
Case in point, there is a LOTR on there dated may 30. The game actually already sold here on pinside four days ago.
As someone who spends a lot of time watching and reading for sale ads, that site isn't even on my radar anymore. Maybe others have luck with it, I don't bother.

That is a really good point actually. I can't remember the last time I went there either now that you mention it.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is a really good point actually. I can't remember the last time I went there either now that you mention it.

I never go there anymore either..... seems like always old adds that dont get cleared out.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I read it religiously for awhile when I was looking for a MB many months ago, and I emailed and called multiple ads. Most of the time as soon as they were posted (the new ads usually show up around 4am) or very early the next morning. Every game was either already gone or I received no response.

I don't like to knock it because it's free, but I don't find it useful.

#15 10 years ago

I find mr pin to be lagged and overpriced as well.

I'm surprised that not many have come forth. Just looking for a regular old Afm. Good shape, no cab fade. Doesn't have to be restored for the high price tags.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

I find mr pin to be lagged and overpriced as well.
I'm surprised that not many have come forth. Just looking for a regular old Afm. Good shape, no cab fade. Doesn't have to be restored for the high price tags.

Looks like there really aren't a ton on the market right now after all ...

#17 10 years ago

Dont mean to hijack the thread (too late) but where does everyone find the best place to sell/buy? I stick to here because of the people and or ebay to look at the institutions.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Good shape, no cab fade.

those are pretty hard to find lately, took me a while myself, and mine has fade on one side.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Dont mean to hijack the thread (too late) but where does everyone find the best place to sell/buy? I stick to here because of the people and or ebay to look at the institutions.

If you have a particular machine(s) in mind, I think it's best to monitor all resources.

#20 10 years ago

It helps if you list a price range you are willing spend. That way, all of Pinside can criticize and poke you as well.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It helps if you list a price range you are willing spend. That way, all of Pinside can criticize and poke you as well.

LOL

#22 10 years ago

OP - what about the one that's been on Ebay for a while at $6999.99 OBO? It would need to be shipped, but perhaps the seller is willing to drop the price a good bit - and then get a cash discount on top of that and avoiding Ebay fees.

#23 10 years ago

Thanks for the leads. Looking for one that doesn't need decal swap. Preferably around 7 and under.

1 month later
#24 10 years ago

Forgot to close this out. Picked up a really nice example of an Afm and have been playing it like crazy. Had a party the other night...amaing which games got played the most.

Afm #1
MB-STTNG #2-3
Budweiser Tapper #4
TOTAN #5
Moonwalker #6

Thanks for all the help with the Afm, everyone!

#25 10 years ago

Curious how/ where you finally found it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

16,500 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.50
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-afm-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.