Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spraynard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3447.JPG
20130427_150153.jpg
IMG_3513.JPG
ACDC total balls played.jpg
ACDC total plays.jpg
20130808_200939.jpg
IMG_1494 (800x533).jpg
IMG_1487 (800x533).jpg
IMG_1486 (800x533).jpg
IMG_1481 (533x800).jpg
IMG_1480 (533x800).jpg
IMG_4577 (800x533).jpg
20130329_165808.jpg
IMG_2507 (800x533).jpg
20130310_134733.jpg

#1 5 years ago

In the market for an ACDC pro. Let me know if you have anything! I plan on going to Louisville show, so that could be a potential meetup... Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Fantastic game! I legally married mine. The Pro needs a few key mods such as the bell mod, LEDs, and FF speakers. Shaker is integrated really well. Good luck!

#3 5 years ago

Bump! Got a lead on a NIB, but I'd prefer to buy used to save some cash. Thanks!

#4 5 years ago

I could bring the one I took last year to the Louisville show. It has all the mods plus Lasseriffic topper. It was a big hit at the show. Can post pics when I get back home to the computer.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I could bring the one I took last year to the Louisville show. It has all the mods plus Lasseriffic topper. It was a big hit at the show. Can post pics when I get back home to the computer.

Send me a pm and we'll talk!

#6 5 years ago

I just got home and here some pics of the ACDC Pro

I have over 5200 in it with the shaker motor, LED's, mirror blades, upgraded speakers, has the Premium train on the Pro, EL wire ramps, Hemi Bell mod, color changing flash package on playfield, cliffy lane shooter protection, no clearcoat issues, decals on ramps, drum mod from Joe at Lasseriffic. Probably something else that I am also forgetting. No issues and works like it should. It has plays from being taken to several shows so I could sell more ACDC pins. I actually like it better than the Premium and purchased another from Hemi for my personal collection that will never leave. I can sell this one now with ACDC production winding down. NIB is 4300 maybe 4200 but I cant find one that low for sale now with over a 1000 in mods, how about a fair price of 4800 since I took it to Expo in Lousiville, Chicago and Atlanta for show use and it has several plays from the shows and my showroom. Of all the pins in my showroom ACDC has been a great seller, it seems everyone loves it even today after almost 2 years of production.

More high res pics coming. This is the Hemi Prototype that he used to sell several more himself.
I can bring it back to Expo next weekend at no extra charge.

Buddy
276-883-2073 or
herron.buddy@gmail.com

20130310_134733.jpg IMG_2507 (800x533).jpg 20130329_165808.jpg IMG_4577 (800x533).jpg
#7 5 years ago

Deal with confidence with Buddy. Plus ACDC Pro is awesome!

#8 5 years ago

that huge row of pins, looks awesome. wish i had that space.

#9 5 years ago

Some more pictures. I am keeping the topper for my other ACDC Pro. I like the look of toppers, they really increase earnings on pins on location. Here is some of the other versions on the other ACDC pins in the showroom. The ACDC Premium is also for sale and can be delivered to the Louisville Expo next week. Teekee was kind enough to sell me my ACDCBIBLE back so I no longer need all 3 versions. I really need another Luci or two as more people really seem to want the new version.

IMG_1480 (533x800).jpg IMG_1481 (533x800).jpg IMG_1486 (800x533).jpg IMG_1487 (800x533).jpg IMG_1494 (800x533).jpg 20130808_200939.jpg
#10 5 years ago

Here is the total number of plays and even number of balls played. I know it was over 800 plays alone at the Louisville show last year.
Yes the lines were also very long for the Atl Pin Swap last year and Expo crowds are large.

Thanks again for having me down and giving me such a great spot to display both of these great new pins!

ACDC total plays.jpg ACDC total balls played.jpg IMG_3513.JPG 20130427_150153.jpg IMG_3447.JPG
#11 5 years ago

Is production winding down? Future classic.

Mine will be last to leave. Still haven't made it to wizard mode. Love the Radio feature on it.

#12 5 years ago

Hopefully nobody thinks I'm a jerk for this but I would advise careful use of the word prototype. I know one particular seller/builder/modder calls his machines one of one "prototypes" but IMO it's a little deceptive. I'm not calling you deceptive but rather just saying you have a mod'd machine and not a prototype machine. Again IMO.

#13 5 years ago

Yes that is a good way of explaining it. I always try to tell it like it is! It was his prototype and not a Stern prototype or like the ECLEWOZ I had for being a JJP distributor.

#14 5 years ago

Buddy-- thanks for taking the time to take all those pictures! I'll be honest and say that I'm a player over a collector. I don't really mind mods, I just don't go out of my way to pay for them. I appreciate your offer-- it's definitely fair for someone that's interested in all those mods.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I'll be honest and say that I'm a player over a collector.

Since you put it that way... Mine isn't for sale, but if you weren't aware, the first run games didn't come with all the ramp protectors and the metal backing for the three lightning bolt plastics. The later run games have all four ramp protectors and the metal backing for the bolts. Seems like folks have posted pics of chipped or cracked entrances to ramps here and the lightning bolt plastics won't last without the backing. Even with the metal backing, you can still break those plastics. Definitely worth checking if you buy a used one.

Not sure how available the parts are. Don't think anyone other than Stern carries the ramp protectors. Part numbers for those are in the premium manual. Not sure about the metal backing.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Buddy-- thanks for taking the time to take all those pictures! I'll be honest and say that I'm a player over a collector. I don't really mind mods, I just don't go out of my way to pay for them. I appreciate your offer-- it's definitely fair for someone that's interested in all those mods.

ACDC Pro really needs the essential mods to make the pin more enjoyable. Lit ramps and the train adds a nice touch but the shaker motor, speaker kit, cliffy's, and flash and LED's are a must! Fastest pin ever in Pro version.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Since you put it that way... Mine isn't for sale, but if you weren't aware, the first run games didn't come with all the ramp protectors and the metal backing for the three lightning bolt plastics. The later run games have all four ramp protectors and the metal backing for the bolts. Seems like folks have posted pics of chipped or cracked entrances to ramps here and the lightning bolt plastics won't last without the backing. Even with the metal backing, you can still break those plastics. Definitely worth checking if you buy a used one.
Not sure how available the parts are. Don't think anyone other than Stern carries the ramp protectors. Part numbers for those are in the premium manual. Not sure about the metal backing.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Yes, protectors and stuff like that is another story. Broken ramps suck for everyone.

#18 5 years ago

ACDC Pro really needs the essential mods to make the pin more enjoyable.

No, it doesn't. Plenty of fun bone stock. He said he's a player. Us players don't care for all that bling. None of what you suggested adds to gameplay. I know you're trying to help, but believe me when I say that there are lots of us out there that don't need the bling.

#19 5 years ago

ACDC Pro really needs the essential mods to make the pin more enjoyable. Lit ramps and the train adds a nice touch but the shaker motor, speaker kit, cliffy's, and flash and LED's are a must! Fastest pin ever in Pro version.

That stuff is cool, just not essential to me. I get enjoyment from gameplay and rules more than anything. Not even a particularly big fan acdc actually.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Thanks, I didn't know that. Yes, protectors and stuff like that is another story. Broken ramps suck for everyone.

The single mod I have on my pro is the shooter lane eject protector. They were still adding paint there (don't think they do on newer games now), so I wanted to protect the black and white paint there.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/balleject/NMacdcEJ2.jpg

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

No, it doesn't. Plenty of fun bone stock. He said he's a player. Us players don't care for all that bling. None of what you suggested adds to gameplay. I know you're trying to help, but believe me when I say that there are lots of us out there that don't need the bling.

To me, those mods add to the experience vs. the gameplay. It's one thing to listen to tinny speakers and play with incandescent bulbs. It's another to rock out with a shaker, LEDs, and all kinds of shit flashing in your face. To each his own, but ACDC isn't the same without the bling.

#22 5 years ago

Bump. Still no luck....

#23 5 years ago

^^
The Pros come up all the time, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

When the game first came out, it was disparaged and ragged on for being a 'stripped down' Premium. Many of the folks who wanted a Premium got the Pro and were disappointed (no lower playfield, no RGB color-changing LEDs, no crossover ramp, etc). Thus many of them were dumped at low prices.

But the folks who knew what they wanted realized this was a seriously kick ass game. Mine is lightning fast, has tons of tacky mods, and I just love it. It was $2200 cheaper than the Premium, and I don't miss any of the extra features.

Well, maybe the bell. That's cool.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, maybe the bell. That's cool.

Pinball refinery can fix that.
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/product/category=4730922&id=20255958

#25 5 years ago

^^ That was the first mod I bought! I'm talking about the whole bell swinging on the Premium... totally rad. Can't wait to add Helen to the mix... decal and translite ordered!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Can't wait to add Helen to the mix... decal and translite ordered!

March 5, 2014 , 10:36 am
Out for Delivery
DUMFRIES, VA 22025

#27 5 years ago

Thanks Aurich! Unfortunately, I'm out of town until next month, but I have tons of mods waiting for me!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks Aurich! Unfortunately, I'm out of town until next month, but I have tons of mods waiting for me!

Doh, well enjoy the Xmas in April when you get home to open it all!

1 week later
#29 5 years ago

Still looking!

4 weeks later
#30 5 years ago

Did you ever find one? Gonna get some more NIB for "Hell"en conversions. PM me please.

#31 5 years ago

AC/DC Pro is a really awesome game with mods and shaker. I have made a swinging bell on mine that enables the entire bell to swing. Light up Lightning Bolts are amazing as well.

1 week later
#32 5 years ago

Did you ever find one? Gonna get some more NIB for "Hell"en conversions. PM me please.

Nope, never found one.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside