Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by donjagra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'm looking for a beat-up project pin to use to enhance my pinball maintenance and repair skills. Watching Clay's Pinball Ninja videos and YouTube will only take you so far without actually going under the glass and I think I need a challenge that will force me to improve. Possibly something in the realm of a System 11 or 80's pin that was not treated too nicely on route and could be brought back from the dead with some work. Maybe it is that pin with a theme you don't care about that you were going to restore five years ago and has been collecting dust in your basement?

I'm not exactly certain what I'm looking for, but I feel like I've hit my repair comfort ceiling on my two current pins and I want something that I can solder on with a purpose to improve my skills without wrecking my two favorite games.

Something near the Milwaukee and Chicago markets would be ideal.

Please let me know if you've got any leads or ideas.

Post edited by Lame33: Found a F-14 that needs some TLC

#2 9 years ago

No one has a Millionaire gathering dust in their garage that they now realize they are never going to fix? Maybe a broken Bugs Bunny that someone gifted you as a joke and you just have not gotten around to selling it yet?

How about a lead to a vendor that gets re-imports and wants to dump a dilapidated Hollywood Heat because they won't make their money back after fixing it?

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

No one has a Millionaire gathering dust in their garage that they now realize they are never going to fix? Maybe a broken Bugs Bunny that someone gifted you as a joke and you just have not gotten around to selling it yet?
    How about a lead to a vendor that gets re-imports and wants to dump a dilapidated Hollywood Heat because they won't make their money back after fixing it?

You want any EMs to try your luck on?

#4 9 years ago

I'm thinking that I might try my hand at EMs after I hone my skills on SS a bit more.

#5 9 years ago

Just clarify, it does not need to be a awful theme or have a cabinet that was in a lumberjack contest. Ideally, a pin from the 80's+ working or not that has not been shopped for sale, falls in the $400 to $800 range, and I don't have to cross the country is what I am looking for...

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

Just clarify, it does not need to be a awful theme or have a cabinet that was in a lumberjack contest. Ideally, a pin from the 80's+ working or not that has not been shopped for sale, falls in the $400 to $800 range, and I don't have to cross the country is what I am looking for...

Isn't this what we are all looking for?

#7 9 years ago

Good point. That addendum was just expanding my range beyond the kindling masquerading as a pin that I had been requesting in my previous posts.

I was hoping that the difference was that I will buy a broken Hollywood Heat or a dirty Millionaire. This is not a quest for a grail pin,(I already have my DW) but something I can tinker on with less trepidation. However, if someone wants to offer something more to my tastes like a SoF or BG in the right range, I won't complain.

#8 9 years ago

Big guns sucks in my opinion but I love millionaire. To each their own. Good luck in the hunt!

#9 9 years ago

Do you respond to offers?

#10 9 years ago

Sorry about the brain cramp, Rusty. I've responded to your PM.

As far as if these games are good or not, I've probably not played them as I've only taken an active interest in pinball for about a year. I'm a newb, hence the project pin. I've only watched video and read reviews on most of these games. Big Guns looks more fun to me then Millionaire. As with most things, I am probably wrong.

#11 9 years ago

I have a high speed listed at 850. Pics in the MN/WI thread

#12 9 years ago

I have a system 1 gottlieb, Solar Ride project machine for sale. I can send you a few pictures if you would like. There are a ton of repair guides out there for the system 1 machines. Easy start to get your feet wet, at least it was for me.

#13 9 years ago

Just looking around in my area, more of the same fully working games - and mostly overpriced. Always on the hunt for reasonable projects.

I appreciate the creativity of your thread. If it works - great.

Good luck in the hunt.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

I have a system 1 gottlieb, Solar Ride project machine for sale. I can send you a few pictures if you would like. There are a ton of repair guides out there for the system 1 machines. Easy start to get your feet wet, at least it was for me.

PM me the details. I assume you're in Tomahawk?

#15 9 years ago

I've got a couple of possibilities and I'm waiting to hear back from some others.

If you just discovered a cargo container in your driveway full of broken SoF that you want to sell cheap, you still have time to let me know. (and let Lionman out. He probably needs to use the litterbox.)

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

And I am looking for a bisexual supermodel who doesn't care that I'm fat, bald, ugly, short, poor, and that I drive a 1974 Ford Pinto.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

And I am looking for a bisexual supermodel who doesn't care that I'm fat, bald, ugly, short, poor, and that I drive a 1974 Ford Pinto.

Are those easier find in California? I will let you know if I see any in Wisconsin.

I'm just trying to cast as wide a net as I can and I think I already clarified this admittedly ridiculous statement when chastised by Wayout.

#18 9 years ago

Good luck in your search. Love your profile pic btw. Bab5 fan here

#19 9 years ago

I also want to be on the $600 SoF list please!

Why bisexual? You have someone else to include?

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Why bisexual? You have someone else to include?

Yeah, her supermodel friends.....duh!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

I also want to be on the $600 SoF list please!

This thread is still open and so I don't believe those exist or they've been carted off by the infamous supermodel riding a unicorn with a sasquatch.

There is another thread lamenting the pool of system 11's drying up. Based on my offers, it would seem they are being hoarded in the distant land of Minnesota.

#22 9 years ago

Here too. I would extend that from system 11 all the way to system 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-a-project-pin-that-needs-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.