(Topic ID: 22972)

WTB: "A" Games in Virginia

By Jeremecium

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Crypt-Keeper-W (resized).jpg

#1 11 years ago

Greetings Pinsiders! I live in Richmond, VA and am looking for a third pinball. Please post pics and a brief description of any "A" games you may have for sale. The closer you are to Richmond, the better. I am willing to travel 2-3 hours if the deal is good enough. Thanks in advance for your contributions to my addiction! Let the ads begin!

#2 11 years ago

What is an "A" game to you?

#3 11 years ago

Hello from Richmond(chesterfield actually). My AFM is on CL but more of a commentary than FS. There's a guy on here named Skyemont that sells some pins, I think he's an assh*le for some BS he pulled on me a couple of years ago. He doesn't list his location on CL so I keep asking about his pins. Annoying. I'd steer clear of him.

I do know guys in NOVA if your looking for a specific title. There is also a group called pinball bash that has a lot of mid-Atlantic members so would be a good place to say hello.

#4 11 years ago

Dude..the pinballs don't always come to you...you gotta go to them! Especially if you want "A" quality games at a "good enough" deal. Come on man...do some recon!

#5 11 years ago

Well, I suppose that most of the "Top 100" machines listed on Pinside would be considered A or B games. A pinball with multiball, ramps, good rule set, playfield toys, etc. would constitute an A or B game to me. Any offer for something like that will be considered.
    Thanks!

#6 11 years ago

Pinballerchef,
    Dude, I have been doing tons of recon for games lately. It never hurts to post on a forum, though. Thanks for the helpful reply.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Hello from Richmond(chesterfield actually). My AFM is on CL but more of a commentary than FS. There's a guy on here named Skyemont that sells some pins, I think he's an assh*le for some BS he pulled on me a couple of years ago. He doesn't list his location on CL so I keep asking about his pins. Annoying. I'd steer clear of him.
    I do know guys in NOVA if your looking for a specific title. There is also a group called pinball bash that has a lot of mid-Atlantic members so would be a good place to say hello.

This reply doesn't paint you in the best light. Let it go.

Dan

#8 11 years ago

Here's ya a TOTAN in Charlotte , Reply to his post .. He's taking offers.. I offered him ?? ,
    The p/F is Super Dirty ........

charlotte.craigslist.org link

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dan

Considering the warning is local, I think it's appropriate. I wouldn't deal with that guy either after what he did.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks a lot for the response. Another friend had listed Pinball Bash as a resource to use. I don't have any one machine that I am looking for. Any good multiball game with a good rule set will be considered.

#11 11 years ago

Lost in Space , Rocky and Bullwinkle and Sega Lost World I will have pict-s 2 nite .

Watch for a New thread in the Market Place.. Here's Lost in Space

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dan

How does it not paint me in a good light? For being honest? I feel like I would be doing a disservice by NOT saying something. To each his own but if my rep takes a hit for honesty so be it.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

Thanks a lot for the response. Another friend had listed Pinball Bash as a resource to use. I don't have any one machine that I am looking for. Any good multiball game with a good rule set will be considered.

Jeremecium:

Look at MrPinball.com specifically the owners registry. Look at the collections of some in your area and if there is a game, make a call. You'll meet other pinheads and maybe find a good buy.

Dan

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dan

How does it not paint me in a good light? For being honest? I feel like I would be doing a disservice by NOT saying something. To each his own but if my rep takes a hit for honesty so be it.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Taylor:

I am not attacking you. I think it is good to give a caveat as you have done, and I have done in the past. I know what you mean about feeling remiss if you don't say something. I got in that position over a FT for sale here a week or so ago. Your reply made it seem that you are still very angry and bitter over what happened. That is what I meant. It wasn't that you weren't being honest, but too emotional about it.

I do not know what happened, but obviously it was something that upset you very much. I am sorry that this happened to you.

Dan

#17 11 years ago

BE PATIENT...ya see...stuff pops up DUDE!!!!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

True that! Sometimes, ask and ye shall receive.

#19 11 years ago

There's always lots of pins available around DC. Richmond is a sweet location because you are between DC and NC, which is another pin hotspot for some reason. Hampton Roads is pretty dead but sometimes there are deals to be had there. Leave those for me, though!

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Indeed!

#21 11 years ago

A guy who sells under the name of pinball shack in Newport news had adams family, lotr and tz and some others when I was there last week. You can usually find his ad in Newport news cl.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

There's always lots of pins available around DC. Richmond is a sweet location because you are between DC and NC, which is another pin hotspot for some reason. Hampton Roads is pretty dead but sometimes there are deals to be had there. Leave those for me, though!

So, you're the one taking all the deals!

#23 11 years ago

Great looking collection Taylor!

#24 11 years ago

I don't even know what an "A" game is anymore. Loose term.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I feel the same. It is quite subjective, isn't it? I guess I should have said, "Quality multi-ball pin with plenty of things to do."

#26 11 years ago

moving to marketplace

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

You and Skyemont live Just a Few houses from each other in the same development ,, If I had this Problem w/ someone it Would've been taken Care of Day 1 or a Little Each Tyme I ran into the Person .. End of Story !!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

You and Skyemont live Just a Few houses from each other in the same development ,, If I had this Problem w/ someone it Would've been taken Care of Day 1 or a Little Each Tyme I ran into the Person .. End of Story !!

I had a problem with Skyemont myself and it was pretty underhanded from start to finish, although we have worked it out and have met him in person since. I don’t know that given his “track” record that he is a trustworthy trading partner.

But hey, you can still get a good deal from a bad guy!

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

"A" = Astronomically overpriced.
    "B" = Burdenly attainable
    "C" = Can create collection

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from boo32:

A guy who sells under the name of pinball shack in Newport news had adams family, lotr and tz and some others when I was there last week. You can usually find his ad in Newport news cl.

I have bought a few of his pins. Just be forewarned that his pricing is all over the map and usually his "A" titles are overpriced. He also likes to overestimate the condition of his pins, but it is possible to get decent deals from him. I recently purchased a JD for $1300 (no topper and no deadworld mod), ES for $1100 (ratty cab and some issues I need to fix yet, but playable) and fairly decent NBAFB for $1300 from him. Not great deals, but not bad.

And no, I'm not snapping up all the deals. I'm on a pin-buying hiatus. I may likely be selling a few once I get back in the country.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

And no, I'm not snapping up all the deals. I'm on a pin-buying hiatus. I may likely be selling a few once I get back in the country.

Is yr Key still under the mat ?

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm a complete newbie here and don't want to get in the middle of anything. I just want to say I bought my DM from Skyemont and had a pleasant experience. He has even been nice enough to answer some of my dopey tech questions after

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Is yr Key still under the mat ?

No, but my guns are there and so is my gf who knows how to use them

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm a complete newbie here and don't want to get in the middle of anything. I just want to say I bought my DM from Skyemont and had a pleasant experience. He has even been nice enough to answer some of my dopey tech questions after

+1 been helpful to me also.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

What is an "A" game to you?

Same as everybody that uses the "top 10" as a shopping list.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

I could have not said this better!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Firebaall said:

I could have not said this better! []

Silent , but Deadly huh ...

#38 11 years ago

Topic Closed

4 years later
    #39 6 years ago

looking to trade a lifesize cryptkeeper with original box and original tapes VERY RARE for a pinball machine

#40 6 years ago

What are you talking about and where are you?

#41 6 years ago

Radford va and this

Crypt-Keeper-W (resized).jpgCrypt-Keeper-W (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago

very rare cryptkeeper

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

What are you talking about and where are you?

This dude has been posting this in several old topics recently. Not relative to the topics at all. Mods might want to look into this.

#44 6 years ago

wth i was just looking in forums related to my area and which is virginia and trying to trade for a pinball machine

#45 6 years ago

Grasping for straws thread revival???

#46 6 years ago

i made my own post if anyone is interested

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-a-games-in-virginia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.