12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I know we are all looking for good deals, but if I don't ask then they will likely pass me by...

I am looking for a machine that fits the following:

- 90s era or newer
    - Needs work
    - A good price
    - A reasonable drive from Madison, WI

Basically, I am finding that I enjoy working on and repairing almost as much as playing. My TAF and MM did not need much work so now they are mainly just for playin.

My finances are pretty taxed at this time but I would like to find a 3rd machine. Solution >> sell me your beater (or project machine that is just collecting dust) for a good deal and I will learn a bunch as I bring her back to life. A cheaper machine would also mean I have no fear in making repairs because if I screw up I the lesson does not cost me as much

An ideal machine would have a decent PF and have parts available.

I would even give you first dibs on buying the machine back after I fix it up.

Side note: I will bring all of my stupid noob questions here and document as I learn.

#2 12 years ago

bump

#3 12 years ago

Wow. I could have written this post myself as I have also even learning a ton recently and enjoying it. Just rebuilt my flippers on my TOTAN. What a learning experience! What a learning experience. I would even buy some late 80s pins for a good price. Good luck!

#4 12 years ago

You say 90's era but i assume you mean dmd only, correct? Too bad you aren't willing to look at 80's games because there is alot of value and fun to be had there, for sure. I sold my space shuttle just four or five months ago for $450. Perfect backglass, played 99% (sticky target in front of ramp), very nice cabinet but playfield was crap. It was fun, nonetheless.

sorry, i got off topic.

#5 12 years ago

I would prefer DMD, but am honestly open to anything so long as it provides a good learning experience in all other aspects.

In other words, I would like to work on something that will provide directly applicable knowledge for all the 90s era games I love and hope to own more of in the future.

#6 12 years ago

bumpage

#7 12 years ago

saturday morning bump.

#8 12 years ago

bump for a new week

#9 12 years ago

Bump to break the quad post.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-90s-era-or-newer-machine-that-needs-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.