Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by toddsvec
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi: Looking for a good, used working 7-digit numeric display for my Grand Lizard. The display in my game is missing entirely, unfortunately.

#2 9 years ago

Slithering Lizard bump. Someone has one out there.

#3 9 years ago

Hello, I have a few in stock. The displays are CRISP and CLEAR $45.00 shipped to your door. PLUG AND PLAY. steve//florida pinball savage [email protected] 941 650 4133 cell

#4 9 years ago

If you don't work out anything on a used replacement, PinballPCB makes new replacements.

http://pinballpcb.com/Displays.html

#5 9 years ago

Catss: Thanks for the offer. I may end up going LCD and selling my old ones. Was hoping to get one around 25 or so.

#6 9 years ago

Which display is out? Grand Lizard has 3 types of displays: The top 2 displays are 7 digit alphanumeric, bottom 2 displays are 7-digit numeric, and credit/match display is a 4 digit specialty display. Hopefully, you're missing one from the bottom row (the 7-digit numeric) as these are a lot more common - any 7-digit numeric display from earlier Williams games should work.

#7 9 years ago

Player four numeric, seven digit

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Catss: Thanks for the offer. I may end up going LCD and selling my old ones. Was hoping to get one around 25 or so.

You won't get anything that cheap now with them being on limited production unless someone has one they need to get rid of (private sale).

I emailed Steve and either he doesn't ship to Canada (and doesn't reply to Canadians) or is busy and hasn't replied to me. either way MAD amusements is getting them in stock soon, may just put an order in there for some other stuff too.

#9 9 years ago

I am hoping someone has one lying around they don't need. But by the time I pay $50 for it, I might as well go LCD and sell mine to others in like situations or who prefer originals. If mine sell for $35 each, I'd have almost $100 toward the new set at $229 (XPIN). Plus, I think there would be some marginal value added to the machine, making it nearly break even?

I dunno. Do new displays make a machine more valuable?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

I am hoping someone has one lying around they don't need. But by the time I pay $50 for it, I might as well go LCD and sell mine to others in like situations or who prefer originals. If mine sell for $35 each, I'd have almost $100 toward the new set at $229 (XPIN). Plus, I think there would be some marginal value added to the machine, making it nearly break even?
I dunno. Do new displays make a machine more valuable?

To some people yes absolutely, to others not quite as much. It never hurts. It's more of a cost thing for most people with those Plasma's slowly running out of stock like DMD's.

It would help power significantly and look really sharp. Unless the plasma's are new, they are hardly ever as crisp as new LCD screens are. To each their own though I think they both look nice.

I would gladly buy your numeric display if you would be willing to ship to canada and pack it well. I only want the glass but i've unsoldered about 14 panels recently... what's another 32 pins? Is it relatively strong? If yes and will ship, PM me, i'll gladly help you on your way to an LCD display.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Do new displays make a machine more valuable?

Not really. A display is a display, so long as it's in working order.

However, some folks who prefer to keep pins as original as possible prefer to see original boards/displays.

#12 9 years ago

A shot at the weekend crowd.

#13 9 years ago

Ribbit! Errr....

#14 9 years ago

Hate to say $45 is the going rate. I could come up with one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-7-digit-display-for-grand-lizard-high-speed-road-kings-pinbot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.