• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gerry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• 24 Stern, 2009
#1 10 years ago

In the market for a Stern 24 machine. Really looking for a local one. I am located in Long Grove IL.

#2 10 years ago

How local? Here's one from Highland, IL. it's closer to STL than Chicago though:

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/8545

Good luck!

#3 10 years ago

Thanks tj that is a good option. Was hoping to find one a little closer. We will see what pops up!

#4 10 years ago

24 is a very fun and underrated game! I hope you find one so I can come over and play it.

Edit: I just checked out the pics of that HUO one for sale. That's a damn nice example of a relatively rare game.

#5 10 years ago

It really is tempting. 10 hours round trip!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's a damn nice example of a relatively rare game.

rare is right! Iv heard its under 500!

#7 10 years ago

Didn't sell well at all.

#8 10 years ago

hence why the software wasn't really as in depth as it should have been. didn't enchanted castle have one? Maybe gameworks will sell theirs.

#9 10 years ago

I had an huo 24 for years so i had slot of games on it. I did regret selling mine , its a a very fun and wel designed game and it is very hard to get all the modes. Buy one you wont regret it !!

#10 10 years ago

Just picked 24 up from GAP. Beautiful HUO. This is my 5th machine I have purchased from Mike. Great guy to deal with and I just got to check out his new showroom. Great setup and well worth checking out! Make sure to stop by because it's well worth the drive! Not only is he stocking a ton of great looking machines but he is stocking a ton of mods!

Now I am completely out of room. Maybe putting my LOTR up for sale soon.

#11 10 years ago

I liked the gameplay of my 24, i just didnt did the audio that much...

I unfortunately traded it in on an X-Men Magneto, which i hated !

#12 10 years ago

BTW enjoy the game its a very good player

#13 10 years ago

Like this game. One day I hope to own one.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I liked the gameplay of my 24, i just didnt did the audio that much...
I unfortunately traded it in on an X-Men Magneto, which i hated !

That's why you use the tool and change it out, got some great clips on youtube from the show and really made the pin pop now.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

That's why you use the tool and change it out, got some great clips on youtube from the show and really made the pin pop now.

I would be interested to hear more about what you changed.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

hopefully someday i will learn how to do this. a new 24 is coming in may (tv show that is), maybe more stuff to use. but i think this is a very underrated game as well. havent beat the save the president mode and havent made it to save the president yet...but since i am stuck inside with about a foot of new snow, maybe today is the day!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

What is the tool ?

Haven't heard of that...

Making your own sound roms ?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

What is the tool ?
Haven't heard of that...
Making your own sound roms ?

Still hard to believe this is news to some:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would be interested to hear more about what you changed.

Added a lot of Sean Callery soundtrack music, really adds to the game, also added some great clips of President Charles Logan. Lastly added a Van Halen song for the heck of it since I'll never see a Van Halen pin!

#20 10 years ago

I just missed that thread.. it happens..

9 months ago i was restoring a boat for 16hrs a day, never even looked at pinside..

But thank you for posting the link, that is badass!

I sold my 24 long before this was available, what a difference that coulda made, i might have kept it then.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-24-chicago-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.