(Topic ID: 145652)

WTB 1st pin $1200-$3500 Iowa. Suggestions/help?

By thehobbyist

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Just rekindled a 20 year candle playing pins. Looking for suggestions of fun pins to play that meet this range as well as looking to purchase if you are in Iowa! I like a challenge so a deep rule set would be nice as I plan to keep it for awhile.

Ideal pin:
    90's-2000's
    Not a fixer upper. I would like to start with a working pin, troubleshoot as issues come up.
    Challenging game that can last in a home setting as I plan to play it quite a bit.

I'm new to the site and the hobby - I am just looking for help/advice! Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

Members of Des Moines Pinball League have lots of games that you can test out. Not all necessarily for sale...but it will give you an idea of what you machine you might want to look for.

Stop by Jordan Creek Mall theater arcade on Monday nights @ 7pm and get to meet the members. A great bunch of friendly people. We will be meeting the next 2 Mondays (12/7 & 12/14) but then will be on break for the holidays for a bit.

https://www.facebook.com/DMPinball/

Thanks,
    Michael

#3 8 years ago

Might be tough to to this month but might look at that after the holidays! Thanks for reaching out Michael!

Lloyd

#4 8 years ago

Buy from someone whom will show you ( your hands on ) how to do the service work at time of purchase . The show you part is so when things fail you will have gained confidence to do your repairs instead of letting things slide . Allow for eventual space for at least 2 more games . Pinballs get lonely by themselves and seem to attract more of their brethren . Buy game you like ( not someone else's opinion ) with good cosmetic condition . Your good to go ! Shane

#5 8 years ago

Let us know if your in the Des Moines area sometime. Lots of places to play and check out some games... If your ever headed down INT 35 to kansas City... Send us a PM....

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for reaching out. Seems most people on this site are friendly and helpful. bepositve, thanks for the advise. I have plans for three pins! Lloyd

#7 8 years ago

Like "bepositive" said, leave room for lonelyness.Short story- I bought Time Warp,my first pin, seller never told me it had seperation anxiety syndrome. Go ahead and laugh,feeling bad I'm now going on my 13th pin. Enjoy the hobby and all the friends you"ll make along the way. Best wishes

2 years later
    #8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Like "bepositive" said, leave room for lonelyness.Short story- I bought Time Warp,my first pin, seller never told me it had seperation anxiety syndrome. Go ahead and laugh,feeling bad I'm now going on my 13th pin. Enjoy the hobby and all the friends you"ll make along the way. Best wishes

You called it!

#9 6 years ago

I don't know how far you are from St. Louis but I have a very nice WWF Royal.
    It's on St. Louis Craigslist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-1st-pin-1200-3500-iowa-suggestionshelp?hl=thehobbyist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.