(Topic ID: 192959)

WTB: 1970 Williams Ringer

By Tyamry

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I am looking for a 1970 Williams Ringer in nice condition and fully working. If you have one or know anyone that has one that they would be willing to sell, please PM me. Shipping not a problem.

#2 6 years ago

Bump

#3 6 years ago

You will have to be a little bit more descriptive. Are you looking for a '72 Swinger, or a chime/bell unit?

#4 6 years ago

OP means the EM Williams arcade game from 1970, "Ringer".

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

OP means the EM Williams arcade game from 1970, "Ringer".

Yes. Thank you Jeffc.

#6 6 years ago

There is one on eBay right now. $1700 as of this morning

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

After looking at those pictures, now I'm even more intrigued how this game is played.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

LOL.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

After looking at those pictures, now I'm even more intrigued how this game is played.

The Pacific Pinball Museum has one. The companion machines are called Penny Pitch and Darts.

You "Spin" the wheel on either side to launch the horseshoe to the opposite post. If you do it right you get 3 points for a ringer, 2 for a leaner, and one for being close. No points if you go under or over. Definitely an EM skill game.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

#12 6 years ago

$1700.00....you got to be kidding me.

Well, I guess it's a steal if you are looking at this one:
    ebay.com link: i

#13 6 years ago

Ringer is stupidly fun for how simple it is. Much more fun to compete though and a great bar/drinking game.

#14 6 years ago

Criticize the $1700 all you want. It's a rare game and super fun. Everybody loves it. Very rarely seen for sale.

Most em arcade games are kinda lame to play but this is a winner.

#15 6 years ago

I don't think it would be criticized if it looked half way descent. That sucker looks like it just got pulled out of the barn...so I think the "Crazy" fits.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago

Same category as an Taito's Ice cold beer. Used to be dirt cheap. Now, many people want them, very few remain, owners don't want to let them go. So, prices keep rising.

Great competition games.

#17 6 years ago

Thanks for all the bumps, but you guys are killing me!

#18 6 years ago

Got to play one at Pintastic this weekend- it was a lot of fun!

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

Thanks for all the bumps, but you guys are killing me!

Sorry man! We're not really helping ya with the "price talks"!

I think things pop up here and there for the right price. I wouldn't give up or pay $1700.00 on a beat up one. Looks like that backglass is just barely hanging on too on that one.

It's like hunting down that Bally Skill Roll!

#20 6 years ago

I would pay up for a nice example.of this game...I played it quite a bit as a child but totally forgot about it until I saw a restored one a few years back...the restored one sold for $2750

2 years later
    #21 4 years ago

This is a super rare game as well as super fun! at $1,700 I'll take three of them, even in that condition

#22 4 years ago

It sold for 4K?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-1970-williams-ringer?hl=benb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.