Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Wtb 128 x 16 dmd

Added: 2022-07-12 20:13:39 UTC • Ended: August 25th, 2022

Price

Wanted

Looking for good used dmd for Checkpoint. This is the half sized one used only a few games from DE including Checkpoint, Hook, Batman, TMNT, and Star Trek. I know there are color ones available but don’t want to get one at this point.
I do not need a full size one.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are pinwhoo's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to pinwhoo's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Franklin, WI, US

#2 1 year ago

128x16 is the DMD size you should be looking for to use in Checkpoint

#3 1 year ago

Doh don’t know what I was thinking. Ad changed. Thanks.

#4 1 year ago

There are pin2dmd options available, if you don't want to spring for colordmd.

#5 1 year ago

There are some used ones out there. One day, I'll even let one go.

#6 1 year ago

I have several nice used original plasma displays which are all tested in my Star Trek and 100% working. Now that Star Trek is my only 128x16 dmd game, I only need to keep one for a spare.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There are pin2dmd options available, if you don't want to spring for colordmd.

Looks like a great option but not sure if I could put one together as I didn’t see that there is a finished one.

#8 1 year ago

I think i have one I’ll check

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Looks like a great option but not sure if I could put one together as I didn’t see that there is a finished one.

I think there are at least 2 individuals on the forums who sell completed units.

#10 1 year ago

Sorry looks like i sold it already

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Sorry looks like i sold it already

No problem. Thanks for looking.

#12 1 year ago

There is one monochrome LED option from Boston Pinball. I bought one of these for a Hook on route that ran 24/7. The design, however, does not have regulated power. This will cause slight brightness drops when a row or column has a lot of LEDs on at one time. But the effect is minimal. I believe I paid $225 about 3 years ago.

https://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/Data_East_Displays.htm

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think there are at least 2 individuals on the forums who sell completed units.

How do I find these people? I did some searches in parts for sale and forum, and other places, but not having much luck.

#14 1 year ago

Unclesash is one of them. I've had a "fair" experience with the hardware and software developers of PIN2DMD, not great. Unclesash just builds and sells the complete kits, I believe. He's legit.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-128-x-28-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.