Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a Bally Silverball Mania that is giving me some wierd reactions to solenoids and switches being hit.

When you press the center pop bumper skirt the left sling fires. The right pop fires the center pop. The right sling fires the kick and down solenoid, etc. The solenoid numbers three thru nine do not agree with the numbers in the manual when in solenoid test.

Hitting a given switch almost never lights the lamp for that switch's letter, but it lights another letter. All lamps work in lamp test, but a few never light in gameplay, and even attract mode lights work strangely.

How can I tell or test to see if these are the right ROMS in U2 and U6, they are both 9316's. The MPU is an AS-2518-35.

#2 9 years ago

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, there is a sticker on the bottom right corner of the MPU that says 1148E. Looks like this MPU began it's life in a Star Trek. Hmmmm.

#3 9 years ago

What's the number screened on the ROMs?

viperrwk

#5 9 years ago

The numbers are:

9316A-2427
E-745-11 U2

and

9316A-2491
E-720-30 U6

#6 9 years ago

That is Star Trek

#7 9 years ago

U2 is from Star Trek
U6 is playboy/ 6 million dollar man / super sonic / kiss / 8 ball / strikes and spares / paragon / voltan

#8 9 years ago

Yes and U6 for Star Trek as well.

#9 9 years ago

Well thank you gentlemen. That just might explain it.

John, I am placing an order for SBM ROMS rught now.

Thanks so much,

Alan

#10 9 years ago

Received the new ROMS Thursday, installed them and...LED stuck on. Oops, forgot to reconfigure the jumpers. Snip. Snip. Snip. Solder. Solder. Solder, and ... Shazaam!! It works!

Thanks again,

Alan

#11 9 years ago

You scared me for a minute, Alan Glad I could help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 169.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 69.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrong-roms-in-this-thing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.