32 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Methos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A286474D-82F8-42F7-8B42-F4A726C0FAEC (resized).jpeg

#1 32 days ago

I’m wondering if anyone has experienced intense wrist pain from playing your machines?? Yesterday, between tinkering with some minor mechanical adjustments, I played my games for a good part of the afternoon, and again in the evening. While playing, I have a tendency to stand so that I’m supporting my upper body with the rounded corners of the lock bar in the center of my palms, and I use my middle fingers on the buttons (and sometimes to speak to my game…LOL). I’ve noticed some minor discomfort in the past, but this morning my right wrist is really, really sore, and I’m noticing a small pea-sized bump on the top of my wrist. This pain was so prevalent last night while I slept, that it constantly woke me up. I’ve tried to purposely adjust my game posture, shifting my weight off the game and more onto my legs, but I always seem to unconsciously fall back into my original game playing position. Anybody have any idea what might be the deal here, and what you may have done about it?? Even slight rotation of my wrist makes me wince, and just typing all this was painful! Thanks…

A286474D-82F8-42F7-8B42-F4A726C0FAEC (resized).jpeg
    #2 32 days ago

Never lean on the game. Stand at it. It will save your wrists and you’ll be more at the ready for nudges. Test this by getting in your game stance, then suddenly take your hands off. If you start to fall, you’re leaning on your hands. Don’t do that. Should be no pressure on your hands at all.

Also you appear to have injured yourself. I’d see your doctor for an assessment.

1 week later
    #3 24 days ago

I have a repaired right wrist from high school. I get sore because I lean, just as chuckwurt says not to, lol.

#4 24 days ago

How old are you?

#5 24 days ago

Agree. Steps:

1. See a doctor
    2. Don't play for a while; ask doctor how long to lay off for
    3. Once you resume, don't lean on the machines; try altering your stance, one foot in front of the other a bit
    4. When you first resume, wear Kinesio elastic athletic wrist tape something similar for extra protection

#6 24 days ago

I’d ice that spot a couple of times a day,and also take some Advil.

#7 23 days ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I’d ice that spot a couple of times a day,and also take some Advil.

Use the topical stuff instead - Volteran - it hits the spot harder and does less damage on your stomach.

#8 23 days ago

My wrists hurt a lot too, I think it is from leaning in to the machine. worse is Dialed in.

#9 23 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Use the topical stuff instead - Volteran - it hits the spot harder and does less damage on your stomach.

I'll have to give that a try,I get tennis elbow from playing too much golf,and I refuse to stop playing. I also get golfers elbow from playing tennis.

#10 23 days ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I'll have to give that a try,I get tennis elbow from playing too much golf,and I refuse to stop playing.

I had a bad case of bursitis in my elbow - and was getting frustrated. My Physician recommended it and told me to give it some time.

It worked.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside