9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by clg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Does anyone know how the game is doing sales wise? Seems like only a few have the game from this site. Plus, trying to find one in the wild has been impossible.

I watch Raw every week and I've yet to see them promote the game. I'm not even sure if WWE fans know the game exists. You think they would at least have a half hour special/promo about it on the Network.

Here is my prediction: I have a feeling sales have been underwhelming for this game. Because of that, the next new release will be pushed up a couple months. I originally thought a VE would be the next announced game, but I think that will now be pushed back in lieu of a new title.

Just looking for thoughts. I think the biggest mistake was putting John Cena's face right in the middle of the back box. His fans are kids under 12…I don't know any kids under 12 with the means to purchase a pinball machine. Adults can't stand him…I'm in that category.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

don't know if it was the wrestling theme, but after Walking Dead le I am out of the future le purchases for now. I coulda bought this wwe le, but instead I got a nice NBA Fastbreak to fill the spot and left some extra for a family vacation. I was really annoyed by the dark bicycle girl and l/s ramp, bad crossbow and the le/premium being the same. ill be looking for a nice Star Trek le later this year.

You're gonna love Star Trek LE. Amazing what the new code did for it. For almost a year, I was regretting that purchase. But now? The pin will probably never leave my collection.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Starting the slow clap. I some friends up to watch Wrestlemania a few weeks ago. They didn't know a lot about pinball but we later got into discussing the new Stern WWE pinball.
I showed pics of both the Pro and the LE where Pro is shown with Cena and a few mid-carders, whereas LE is the Mount Rushmore of WWE all around the machine. That alone disqualified Pro from the discussion. We couldn't understand how WWE has the Face of Fruity Pebbles front and center of a $5K pin. Your comment about kids vs. those with money for a pinball machine was spot on.
Either someone needs to make at least a replacement Pro translite (stat!) or Pro will tank in value and LE will somewhat hold value (knowing gameplay/code may hurt it regardless but artwork is much better). Very interested to know the NIB sales numbers of both versions.

LE artwork looks fantastic, it's a shame there's no Macho Man on it. Haven't played it yet, hoping to play it at pinfest, but the gameplay comes across as blah to me.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I understand why they're trying games like WWE and Mustang...they're not trying to appeal to "us" - the pinheads - they're trying to show new groups of people that pinball exists, and in that sense, those games might be "successful enough". Lets just say these games aren't hits but at least break even...the media exposure (Mustang at Ford shows, for example) makes it worth it. Since Stern always has many games on the production line, games like these not being hits doesn't destroy them...they're still selling Walking Dead, Star Trek, Metallica, etc.

At the NY Auto Show last year, they had 4 pro models. This year, they had 2 premium models (I believe they were, I didn't get to play them or get a good look, line was way too long). Last year, they had a representative from Stern handing out flyers for their company.

I might be one of the few that liked Mustang. If it were Camaro, I would've bought it in a heartbeat (I own a Camaro).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrestlemania-sales?tu=trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.