4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by clg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 4 years ago

Does anyone know how the game is doing sales wise? Seems like only a few have the game from this site. Plus, trying to find one in the wild has been impossible.

I watch Raw every week and I've yet to see them promote the game. I'm not even sure if WWE fans know the game exists. You think they would at least have a half hour special/promo about it on the Network.

Here is my prediction: I have a feeling sales have been underwhelming for this game. Because of that, the next new release will be pushed up a couple months. I originally thought a VE would be the next announced game, but I think that will now be pushed back in lieu of a new title.

Just looking for thoughts. I think the biggest mistake was putting John Cena's face right in the middle of the back box. His fans are kids under 12…I don't know any kids under 12 with the means to purchase a pinball machine. Adults can't stand him…I'm in that category.

#2 4 years ago

this will be one of those titles that just stays in the meh category. Not the worst, not the top either. it's not setup the greatest for understanding what's going on or what you have to do. Might be early code, to early to tell yet. LE was a massive upgrade to the pro. all the good wrestlers are on the LE. They did that on purpose so people only want to buy the LE.

#3 4 years ago

Glad I bought the LE, fun addition, needs a code update. Not that many produced.

#4 4 years ago

If WWE was going to promote it at all, they would've done it during Wrestlemania season (after all, it's not WWE pinball it's Wrestlemania). And hey, John Cena's having an ok midcard run right now. It sucks that he had to kill Rusev to do it, but at least we have fresh matchups with him out of the main event picture.

Wrestlemania is the dream theme for me, but I didn't like how the layout looked (still haven't found one to play though). If it tanks like Avengers hopefully I can pick one up on the cheap in a couple years

#5 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure they didn't sell out of LEs yet! that should tell you how the game is being sold so far. When a LE is in the 8k range it is hard for most people to go for it. Like stated above the pro is so basic and ugly compared to LE. I have a feeling this game will be one of the lowest production Games in years. The high premium for new in box games is getting to the breaking point. I own some higher valued games but have a hard time seeing all new games sell for around 8k. Even when pros are in the upper 4k range it is sometimes challenging to get money in line to purchase. I feel like more needs to be done to keep machines at a reasonable price. I feel like I may not be able to afford any newer game in a few years.

#6 4 years ago

Stern was on a roll when they put out IM, Tron, AC/DC, Metallica, and Star Trek. Basically music and Scif games are what sell. I feel like more listening to the pinball community would help drive future sales. Putting out games like Mustang and WWE are not as popular with everyone so the theme kills it regardless of toys and gameplay.

#7 4 years ago

don't know if it was the wrestling theme, but after walking dead le I am out of the future le purchases for now. I coulda bought this wwe le, but instead I got a nice nba fastbreak to fill the spot and left some extra for a family vacation. I was really annoyed by the dark bicycle girl and l/s ramp, bad crossbow and the le/premium being the same. ill be looking for a nice star trek le later this year.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just looking for thoughts. I think the biggest mistake was putting John Cena's face right in the middle of the back box. His fans are kids under 12…I don't know any kids under 12 with the means to purchase a pinball machine. Adults can't stand him…I'm in that category.

Starting the slow clap. I some friends up to watch Wrestlemania a few weeks ago. They didn't know a lot about pinball but we later got into discussing the new Stern WWE pinball.

I showed pics of both the Pro and the LE where Pro is shown with Cena and a few mid-carders, whereas LE is the Mount Rushmore of WWE all around the machine. That alone disqualified Pro from the discussion. We couldn't understand how WWE has the Face of Fruity Pebbles front and center of a $5K pin. Your comment about kids vs. those with money for a pinball machine was spot on.

Either someone needs to make at least a replacement Pro translite (stat!) or Pro will tank in value and LE will somewhat hold value (knowing gameplay/code may hurt it regardless but artwork is much better). Very interested to know the NIB sales numbers of both versions.

#9 4 years ago

If the Ramps get programmed to work like orbits more and the upper pf rules and coil firing tweaked A LOT; then I see potential here for anyone that's a fan to wrestling and pinball.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

don't know if it was the wrestling theme, but after Walking Dead le I am out of the future le purchases for now. I coulda bought this wwe le, but instead I got a nice NBA Fastbreak to fill the spot and left some extra for a family vacation. I was really annoyed by the dark bicycle girl and l/s ramp, bad crossbow and the le/premium being the same. ill be looking for a nice Star Trek le later this year.

You're gonna love Star Trek LE. Amazing what the new code did for it. For almost a year, I was regretting that purchase. But now? The pin will probably never leave my collection.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Starting the slow clap. I some friends up to watch Wrestlemania a few weeks ago. They didn't know a lot about pinball but we later got into discussing the new Stern WWE pinball.
I showed pics of both the Pro and the LE where Pro is shown with Cena and a few mid-carders, whereas LE is the Mount Rushmore of WWE all around the machine. That alone disqualified Pro from the discussion. We couldn't understand how WWE has the Face of Fruity Pebbles front and center of a $5K pin. Your comment about kids vs. those with money for a pinball machine was spot on.
Either someone needs to make at least a replacement Pro translite (stat!) or Pro will tank in value and LE will somewhat hold value (knowing gameplay/code may hurt it regardless but artwork is much better). Very interested to know the NIB sales numbers of both versions.

LE artwork looks fantastic, it's a shame there's no Macho Man on it. Haven't played it yet, hoping to play it at pinfest, but the gameplay comes across as blah to me.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You're gonna love Star Trek LE. Amazing what the new code did for it. For almost a year, I was regretting that purchase. But now? The pin will probably never leave my collection.

This sounds a lot like me, I bought the STLE for the theme as well as the lightshow. I knew it was low on toys (so is AFM), but I was disappointed with the code. But after then new code update, I love it. I know many people would say that SM or AcDc would be the best Stern/SR games but now I have all three and I would put STLE right with those two, maybe it needs one more code update mainly to fix a few bugs, but it's really a heck of a game.

Also, it makes me hesitant to buy any 'new' games that don't include full color changing inserts.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Stern was on a roll when they put out IM, Tron, AC/DC, Metallica, and Star Trek. Basically music and Scif games are what sell. I feel like more listening to the pinball community would help drive future sales. Putting out games like Mustang and WWE are not as popular with everyone so the theme kills it regardless of toys and gameplay.

I understand why they're trying games like WWE and Mustang...they're not trying to appeal to "us" - the pinheads - they're trying to show new groups of people that pinball exists, and in that sense, those games might be "successful enough". Lets just say these games aren't hits but at least break even...the media exposure (Mustang at Ford shows, for example) makes it worth it. Since Stern always has many games on the production line, games like these not being hits doesn't destroy them...they're still selling Walking Dead, Star Trek, Metallica, etc.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I understand why they're trying games like WWE and Mustang...they're not trying to appeal to "us" - the pinheads - they're trying to show new groups of people that pinball exists, and in that sense, those games might be "successful enough". Lets just say these games aren't hits but at least break even...the media exposure (Mustang at Ford shows, for example) makes it worth it. Since Stern always has many games on the production line, games like these not being hits doesn't destroy them...they're still selling Walking Dead, Star Trek, Metallica, etc.

At the NY Auto Show last year, they had 4 pro models. This year, they had 2 premium models (I believe they were, I didn't get to play them or get a good look, line was way too long). Last year, they had a representative from Stern handing out flyers for their company.

I might be one of the few that liked Mustang. If it were Camaro, I would've bought it in a heartbeat (I own a Camaro).

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I say this is spot on.

A good example is when I go to pinball shows and run the booth I run into maybe 1 or 2 people out of the hundreds I talk to who know what pinside is. That's the market they are going after with many of these releases and hence why the LE games aren't sold out cause the more hardcore collectors are buying those. Those hardcore collectors aren't in this current bunch this game is intended for perhaps

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

A good example is when I go to pinball shows and run the booth I run into maybe 1 or 2 people out of the hundreds I talk to who know what pinside is.

yet people here seem to think this is the pinball universe and when you tell them its not they get pissed.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

yet people here seem to think this is the pinball universe and when you tell them its not they get pissed.

A wise man once told me, "Pinside is not the pinball community."

And the other side is when you mention Pinside to you pinball friends and they start groaning.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

the new code is gonna make more owners keep their Star trek les , I know its gonna cost me when I am ready later this year. I don't think these are gonna be easy to get after the new update. congrats to those owners who had patience and held on to their ST's.

#18 4 years ago

I was talking to a distributor here a month ago and as of then no WWE were heading to NZ so I don't think there are any in the country. Definitely not one of Stern's better sellers in NZ!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Abbotsford, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside