• Latest reply 9 years ago by Lysurgeon
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!!!4-337.jpg
!!!6--411.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I love pinball, so it's fun IMHO. I didn't like it as much at first but a grew on me a little bit a few games in. I only played 6-7 games, but as far as I can tell it's all about starting a match, hitting targets in the ring, pinning the guy then clearing the WWE drops to start the next match and doing it again. There are a couple multi balls (referee and tag team) but they're pretty worthless right now point wise. There are a few other shots that really don't do much too as it sits. It does have orange standups that you hit multiple times to light an outlane virtual ball save, which is nice. You can increase your move damage via a couple of blue standups on the right, but that really isn't an issue yet. I never had problems draining an opponent, just pinning them when I needed to. The bonus is huge and the bonus countdown takes for ever. Bonus maxes out at 24.5 million. I don't follow current Wrestling, so most of the opponents you face, I had no idea who they were but the dots were nice. There are a lot of ways to lose it out of the upper playfield, but I can see some long ball times in this game. You can also play for a long time and not do much scoring wise. For instance, when you hit enough targets in the ring to pin your opponent, but you can't hit the upper scoop to pin it's frustrating cause that is all you need. Then the ball goes out of the ring, you get it under control and throw it back up there and try for that one shot again, repeat and repeat until you do it cause that is the only thing you need. That center pin scoop shot seems to go in randomly when you don't care and it closes up when you need it. Also, you will learn to hate the name of whatever Wrestler you choose in the first 1 minute of the game. When entering the ring, it says their name...everytime...and you go in the ring alot.

I played version 1.05 so i'm sure that the code isn't implemented for most of it yet, but I would love to know if I am missing something as it sits. It's a different game for sure. Curious to see where they go with it. My top was 121 million and I only won the 1st USA belt championship and played a bunch of matches for the 2nd belt. There's obviously more to it than just this, but if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them as best I can.

!!!6--411.jpg!!!6--411.jpg

#3 9 years ago

I didn't buy it, our local op did and put it on route. For what it's worth, he HATES that they moved the power supply and service outlet to the backbox. There was no power for a bill validator in the cabinet now, so he had to call Stern and sit on hold why they figured something out. He ended up having to run power down from the head through the cabinet to get a bill validator to work. Also, no shaker support yet.

Yes, right now it is pretty one dimensional. You can do other things, but you won't get points off them. Hitting the lit purple "Ref" lights so many times will award Referee Multiball but jackpots are only worth 250k and after that the ref shots award Referee Scoring which opens up the right gate so a left ramp shot goes all the way around and down the right ramp, but it isn't worth much. It's a 1 million countdown that collects when you shoot it, think Vengeance 2 on ST. There are green "Tag Team" targets which if you hit them when they are lit lights the Tag Team shot on the left which you then need to shoot twice and then hit the ramp to start Tag Team Multiball. I only got Tag Team Multiball once cause you need to hit the lit standups a ton, but I didn't get much scoring out of that multiball either. The half moon orbit shot just awards ref shots when lit and 10 orbit shots lights extra ball at the ramp.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Maybe I missed it, but does the game look like a keeper?

Way too early to determine that honestly. It depends on what they do with it from here on out.

#6 9 years ago

When I said the ring gets a lot of use, I wasn't kidding. This is from 9 hours on route so far total.

!!!4-337.jpg!!!4-337.jpg
#11 9 years ago

Right. They are going to need to set it up like Popeye's upper playfield. Only activates when a ball goes up there via the escalator (in Popeye), which they can do with both ramps or the skill shot ladder in Wrestlemania and then deactivates when a switch on the lower playfield is fired. In case of a multiball, they both stay on until you are down to a single ball.

#14 9 years ago

It's a little different on AC/DC because the ball is stopped and then the lower playfield activates so the game can easily tell when to activate and when to shut off. In Wrestlemania, there is no where to stop the ball, it doesn't have a scoop or anything, so the game has to realize it on the fly and turn it on and off.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

To get into the upper ring the ball has to go over one of the rollovers at the top correct?

Yes, and the game knows the ball is up there before it goes over one of them too. There must be a switch on the ramps too that it keys off of.

#19 9 years ago

Someone put a bunch of wrestling songs on the internet jukebox when we were playing. It was neat playing a Wrestling pin and having Hulk Hogan's intro music song come on the jukebox.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I keep hearing this weak flipper complaint. And I know they changed the way they do flippers, are they adjustable in the settings?

The flippers were plenty strong on this one. No problems hitting the ramps with a good shot. That will be an issue on unmaintained route games though. If you can't hit the ramps because the flippers are weak, might as well just turn off the game.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from VonBorakus:

Tell him to bring White Water back
This game was okay so far, I played only 5 games so far and I wasn't wowed but am hoping it will grow on me!

White Water is in back at Gringos, so it's still there.

2 weeks later
#49 9 years ago
Quoted from blurfocus:

Do you have any tips to share on how to advance the bonus multiplier? Once I had it up to 4X, but I don't really know how I did it.
It seems that the wrestler that you choose before launching the ball determines which top lane to hit to get 2X, but I'm not even sure about that. Also, the stand-ups that improve your "signature move" appear able to increase the bonus multiplier.
The top lanes sometimes are locked so that the middle three lanes are lit and sometimes they seem unlocked so that the flipper buttons move the lit lanes around.
Please share any insight that you have on how the bonus multiplier can be bumped and how the top lanes work with respect to scoring and other features. Everyone feel free to chime in.
Thanks,
blurfocus

The bonus is increased by shooting the unlit lanes at the top that fall into the ring. Also you can get huge points in showboating after beating an opponent. If you can keep it in the ring and hit the targets, it goes up fast. I saw someone get a 10 million showboating at our last tournament and he only had 6 million for a score at the time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrestlemania-pro-first-impressions?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.