Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Rensh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6B05FE77-707D-4829-9D63-B5615150F945 (resized).jpeg
0636D110-0C7F-4329-BF8D-E84DE3BB1EBC (resized).jpeg
8B3E15F7-6E0D-40F4-BDE8-899E3784DA8F (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

Have a friend with a wrestlemania not booting. When turning on three leds turn on and that’s it, no stern pinball logo, nothing. This Picture is enclosed and is the one where you can see the WWE speaker panel . He talked with Stern and they told him 5V will only lit up when booted and that likely SD card is broken and that we need to order a SD card from a Stern distributor.

So took his SD card and put it in another’s friend GB pro. There more happens, eg I get a Stern logo on display, backbox leds turn on, 5V is lit and that’s it. Picture enclosed. Can imagine that running a WWE SD in a GB doesn’t boot completely however?

So now we think CPU is broken and not the SD card. Anyone have any experience or comment on this?

Can you make yourself a new bootable SD from a download?

0636D110-0C7F-4329-BF8D-E84DE3BB1EBC (resized).jpeg8B3E15F7-6E0D-40F4-BDE8-899E3784DA8F (resized).jpeg

#2 6 months ago

Just the way it should be

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

That’s pretty sad.

Quoted from Rensh:

Have a friend with a wrestlemania not booting. When turning on three leds turn on and that’s it, no stern pinball logo, nothing. This Picture is enclosed and is the one where you can see the WWE speaker panel . He talked with Stern and they told him 5V will only lit up when booted and that likely SD card is broken and that we need to order a SD card from a Stern distributor.
So took his SD card and put it in another’s friend GB pro. There more happens, eg I get a Stern logo on display, backbox leds turn on, 5V is lit and that’s it. Picture enclosed. Can imagine that running a WWE SD in a GB doesn’t boot completely however?
So now we think CPU is broken and not the SD card. Anyone have any experience or comment on this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Image from my game. Looks like no 9 volts led on your game.

6B05FE77-707D-4829-9D63-B5615150F945 (resized).jpeg
#4 6 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

That's good! Same response I was gonna post.

#5 6 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Theoretically you could go buy an SD card, but to get the bootable image you would have to get someone to send you a copy of the image. Maybe Stern will give you a download link for a full image, or a fellow pinsider can hook you up. I would try that before going down the "cpu broken" route.

#6 6 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

That's good! Same response I was gonna post.

Considering you own a Spy Hunter I don’t think you have any room to comment on how good a game is. Turrible!

#7 6 months ago

Wow tough crowd people should lighten up and take a joke. Any bump is a good bump.

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Considering you own a Spy Hunter I don’t think you have any room to comment on how good a game is. Turrible!

Says the guy with Ghostbusters and kiss lol.
At least I didnt pay over 1k for my shitty game

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

[quoted image][quoted image]

If you put a USB in then turn it on, can you bootstrap it into code update mode?

Do you have a multimeter? Check the output from the switching power supply on the right side. It's the one that feeds to the open power distribution circuit board, then goes to the CPU board. The output from the switching power supply should be 48V. Your power indicators are dim and the 9V is missing, so it makes me wonder if the power distribution board isn't getting enough input from the switching power supply.

#10 6 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hahaha! I would actually take a WWE over a Spy Hunter - any day. On the turd rankings, Spy Hunter has way less entertainment to offer.

#11 6 months ago

I had several issues going on with my GOTLE.
First Stern said bad CPU,then power distribution board.
It ended up being the bad SD card.
They didn’t send a new one when I received the CPU.
Had they done that problem would have been fixed right away.
I swapped the old card to new CPU and mentioned that to them.
That’s when they said it was the issue.
Plus also ended up having a bad node 8 board for the flippers.

#12 6 months ago

Guys.

Thanks for the responses. That it those which are really addressing the problem and not those useless ones on downvoting the quality of the game. To each there own I say.

However, the 9V missing is in the GB pro is NOT the issue. The issue is that I have a WW not doing anything and show 5V missing. Stern says SD card is the one to blame likely but this SD card in a Gb pro does show a stern logo, turns on the backbox led etc. (and yep the 9V is missing) but doesn’t fully boot eg make a GB act like a WW . Can imagine this happens because the game software really needs the hardware of a WW to do a full boot. Now it just partially boots.

But it does a lot more in the GB (which works fine with the GB SD card) as in the WW. So would this mean the SD card in the WW is fine and CPU is to blame or ...??

Oh, another power supply has already been tried. This supply only generates 48VDC, the cpu Bord itself makes 5V of it apparently and Stern said you need a fully booted pinball to make 5V happen

#13 6 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:Wow tough crowd people should lighten up and take a joke. Any bump is a good bump.

His game is dead and you jump in and start ripping on the game. Real nice.
Hope you get a similar situation when one of your games has a problem and you can’t figure it out.
Nice story bro!

#14 6 months ago

Just get the new SD card,cheap and probably your issue to.

I tried everything else first.
Had I known the SD card could even be an option at the start.
I would’ve started there.

I think it was power spike that screwed mine up in the first place.
Had it at a local weekend tournament at the time.
To many games on the same power supply.

#15 6 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Says the guy with Ghostbusters and kiss lol.
At least I didnt pay over 1k for my shitty game

Yep you got me. How you liking Rob Zombie?

Hope you get the game fixed. Sorry about a few pinside knuckleheads.

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Guys.
Thanks for the responses. That it those which are really addressing the problem and not those useless ones on downvoting the quality of the game. To each there own I say.
However, the 9V missing is in the GB pro is NOT the issue. The issue is that I have a WW not doing anything and show 5V missing. Stern says SD card is the one to blame likely but this SD card in a Gb pro does show a stern logo, turns on the backbox led etc. (and yep the 9V is missing) but doesn’t fully boot eg make a GB act like a WW . Can imagine this happens because the game software really needs the hardware of a WW to do a full boot. Now it just partially boots.
But it does a lot more in the GB (which works fine with the GB SD card) as in the WW. So would this mean the SD card in the WW is fine and CPU is to blame or ...??
Oh, another power supply has already been tried. This supply only generates 48VDC, the cpu Bord itself makes 5V of it apparently and Stern said you need a fully booted pinball to make 5V happen

None of that matters, essentially. Start with the easy and cheap stuff.

Get an SD card image, buy an SD card locally, and make a new one. Once you have the image from a pinsider, you're in business. Any of them with an SD card reader (that most windows computers have these days) can make you an image. I'd trawl through the pinsider collections and send some PMs to people with WWE Pros and see if they'll help you out.

Also, I don't think you answered...did you try putting a USB stick in with code on it and powering up to see if the CPU board will bootstrap into the firmware update mode, at least?

#17 6 months ago

Several people have told me they've needed to replace SDs, including their own better quality after market ones ... is the MPU roasting them?

#18 6 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Why guess? SD cards are cheap. If your friend gets a new SD card and a new image, and problem still exists, then you have definitely ruled out the SD card as a potential issue. Worst case scenario, he now has a spare SD card. Then your friend can tell Stern, and they can move on to the next step.

#19 6 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That’s pretty sad.

Image from my game. Looks like no 9 volts led on your game.[quoted image]

I know it was a dick comment. Meant in good humor. Of course I hope the guy gets his game up and running.

#20 6 months ago

This exact thing happened to my wrestlemania, we tried a few things an couldnt get it going so i took it to the local stern dealer an he has great techs working for him an the problem was fixed very quickly, if i was your friend i would go that route, coz techs have seen it all, an the spike system is so new theres not a whole lot of tech help out there.

#21 6 months ago
Quoted from whisper:

This exact thing happened to my wrestlemania, we tried a few things an couldnt get it going so i took it to the local stern dealer an he has great techs working for him an the problem was fixed very quickly, if i was your friend i would go that route, coz techs have seen it all, an the spike system is so new theres not a whole lot of tech help out there.

But what was the solution to problem in your case?

#22 6 months ago

Indeed, what was the solution is the question here?

#23 6 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Indeed, what was the solution is the question here?

I guess if all else fails, you could email the Stern dealer in Melbourne to see how they fixed the issue. There can't be more than one.

#24 6 months ago

So tried the broken CPU in my friends GB with his SD card ofcourse and same issue occurs. So need to either repair or replace the CPU board

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
West Greenwich, RI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Abbotsford, BC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside