By spidey

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Wrestlemania: Are you in?”

• Yes, been waiting for this theme forever. Who can take my pre-order dollars for an LE? 34 votes
    5%
  • Most likely, but I'll wait and see. Would get a Pro, maybe a Premium if it's worth the extra $. 37 votes
    5%
  • Not likely but not ruling it out. Not my top choice for a theme but if it's plays good, I might one. 148 votes
    21%
  • No, can't get past the theme. Good game or not, there's no way Wrestlemania will find a way into my gameroom. 486 votes
    69%

(705 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hogan double face.jpg
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png
th-635.jpeg
Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 11.28.09 AM.png
Stern finds a stranger in the Alps.gif
austin_01.gif
image-616.jpg
image-641.jpg
bush.jpg
image-205.jpg
image.jpg
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago

Theme really sucks for me, but those pics of the PF show what could be a great layout. Looks interesting to say the least.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wait until he sees the price.

I heard those things are really expensive, like $300-$400.

#103 9 years ago

Look forward to playing it and might even own one for a while but the theme kills any chance of it being a long time keeper.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Theme really sucks for me, but those pics of the PF show what could be a great layout. Looks interesting to say the least.

It's Mustang part 2.

#105 9 years ago

While I have no interest in owning one (not a wrestling fan) I'll definitely give it a try on location. The layout looks cool. Hopefully some interesting modes and rules are created for it.

At first I thought "This is just another Mustang type pin with a promotional vibe" but I don't think so now. There appears to be a lot more going on feature wise in WM versus Mustang. The ramps are metal unlike Mustang pro and the ring toy is much more interactive then the Gears drop target area.

#106 9 years ago

Who is picking the themese at Stern?

Mustang.... Mwa, ok... I understand that its probeble a Ford Stern deal. But wrestling....?

That was popular in 1980, for kids, and men in tights.

Unbelievable.

#107 9 years ago

Here's my take...

I was a huge wrestling fan in the 80's and up till the early 90's. I don't watch wrestling at all anymore. I think that this could be a really successfully themed pin if they incorporated the old with the new.

I think there's 2 ways to do that. 1 could be a RIBION style where instead of traveling around the world and into a new mode, you travel to a different era of wrestling. An era with McMahon and Jesse the Body being the Announcers or Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse. Then you complete that mode and go to another random era of wrestling where Jim Rose and King Lawlor are the announcers. And on and on you can go with 6 - 8 different modes/era's with their respective announcers and wrestlers and big bouts.

Or, you can make the game work in a pre start mode like TFLE Combo where you can choose your era before you start the game and you play the whole game in that basic era.

Or, maybe they it could do a combination of both. But for me to really love this pin, you have to have the old school era along with TONS of call out from the original voiced announcers and wrestlers which they could pull from old interviews etc.

My $.2 cents anyway.

#108 9 years ago

Need pics first but i'll take an LE.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

IN for a Hulk LE. Can't wait!
Jim

Wow, and there hasn't been a picture released yet.

#110 9 years ago

If it's actually a decent game, I'd spend $2k on one in 15 years.

#111 9 years ago

Can I change my vote in the poll after seeing the playfield pics?

#112 9 years ago

Perfect theme to get a new generation introduced to pinball. I would buy one to put on route. This will make a killing at kid/teen themed places.

#113 9 years ago

Hope they did their homework to make sure it fits through the front door of a doublewide.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Mustang.... Mwa, ok... I understand that its probeble a Ford Stern deal. But wrestling....?
Unbelievable.

LOL, Raw has been a top 10 viewed cable show in the US for 20 years.

#115 9 years ago

Unbelievable.

Never heard of Attitude & Monday Night War Era i guess?

#116 9 years ago

Could this possibly be a twisted joke? I'm really having a hard time accepting this reality.

What's next "The History of Folk Music"?

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

LOL, Raw has been a top 10 viewed cable show in the US for 20 years.

So, because its a usa top 10 tv show, it must be a good theme?

LMAO.

#118 9 years ago

So, because its a usa top 10 tv show, it must be a good theme?

So because you don't like it, it must be a bad theme?

#119 9 years ago

No, because on about 95% does not like it. Do you even read the forums? Most of them dislike it that much, they make fun of it. Because its such a bad theme, almost hilirious.

Scroll up for the poll....

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Could this possibly be a twisted joke? I'm really having a hard time accepting this reality.
What's next "The History of Folk Music"?

Well, perhaps wrestling is bigger than you realize?

Sure, it is CERTAINLY not a theme for everyone...but the market is huge. I was astounded to see how gigantic the WWE brand really is...

#121 9 years ago

I really, truly thought this was a joke that I wasn't in on. This seems like a lot of post just to pull a prank.

#122 9 years ago

No, because on about 95% does not like it. Do you even read the forums?

Gentlemen, the forums have spoken.

#123 9 years ago

I can't speak for Europe, but I have never, ever, met anyone with interest in wrestling, and I haven't seen it promoted anywhere when I have been around in nearby countries...

But they must make an educated guess before spending millions I'd say... The theme is a stinker for me, but I can see myself getting riled up shouting stupid shit at the machine and having a blast. It does require the play to be great, and I really like the playfield so far.

Now... What this machine also REALLY needs is a proper alternate translite, and a space between two other machines to hide the art.

#124 9 years ago

This theme should have been done during the "Attitude" Era.

I'm intrigued to see what the HULKster LE version looks/plays like though.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I really, truly thought this was a joke that I wasn't in on. This seems like a lot of post just to pull a prank.

Thats weird cause you own a Wizard of Oz.

#126 9 years ago

No, because on about 95% does not like it. Do you even read the forums?

Yes but I do not follow Lemmings mentality.
I heard the "Mustang sucks" comments all the time. Despite that it's a good pin...

Given the choice between a good layout and a good theme, I take a good layout 100% of the time.
(I love my WPT pin and I hate Poker...)

I trust John Trudeau. He acknowledged working for Stern is not easy. Now with Mustang's experience I am sure he designed a great pin. We will see how the code develops.

But keep bashing this game, please. I am not in the Stern NIB business so I hope to find a cheap one HUO if I like it.

#127 9 years ago

Make an ECW LE edition and I'm in on a used one

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

This theme should have been done during the "Attitude" Era.
I'm intrigued to see what the HULKster LE version looks/plays like though.

I might hold out for the Premium version

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I can't speak for Europe, but I have never, ever, met anyone with interest in wrestling, and I haven't seen it promoted anywhere when I have been around in nearby countries...

My brother is a professional wrestler and it's popular all over the world. He's constantly traveling the world to wrestle - England, Japan, Australia, etc. Whether this translates to pinball sales - who knows...but I think in certain areas this will do very well on location. The 400 Hulkster LEs will easily sell out to hardcore wrestling fans.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My brother is a professional wrestler and it's popular all over the world. He's constantly traveling the world to wrestle - England, Japan, Australia, etc. Whether this translates to pinball sales - who knows...but I think in certain areas this will do very well on location. The 400 Hulkster LEs will easily sell out to hardcore wrestling fans.
» YouTube video

Possibly, and most likely - Stern seems to think so too.

I just personally don't know any areas where this would be a hit. But that doesn't mean it won't be.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I might hold out for the Premium version

I'd have to hold out for the VE, when they load up the art with scantily clad chicks. I have a no scantily clad dudes rule in my home, so this version is most certainly out.

#132 9 years ago

Voted no because of theme. I am interested in how it plays but yeah - half naked, roided dudes oiled up and play fighting is not my thing. That said, I am not into a lot of the recent themes for different reasons. I wonder how many people that are complaining about the new wrestling theme would of purchased it if it was a different theme. It gets pretty expensive trying to buy every new pin.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My brother is a professional wrestler

Whoah, that's your brother in the video? I bet he tilts a lot. A friend of mine is a big guy and he's always getting tilts and can't figure out why. Everyone else sees him manhandling the game but it's like a feather to him.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Does that really matter?

Actually, yes it DOES matter quite a bit. Not only does THAT matter, about a year after the game is released and the code is all finished, THAT will matter quite a bit as well. I can answer the question with some certainty in roughly one year and 3 months.

If you think that the theme of a pinball is so important that it can determine whether or not you will spend ~4500 for it, you may have a pinball problem. You know, like gambling?

If you are a true fan of "wresting for entertainment value", you wouldn't want to support a game that YOU think isn't fun to play, right?

#135 9 years ago

Game exchange has nice pictures on the website.

Layout looks kind of cool

#136 9 years ago

The smart move would have been to keep the playfield clear of WWE stars, just have generic style like ST then you could easily change the whole game to classic WWF or whatever and cater to us old timers who witnessed the first ever Royal Rumble and would have payed for an LE if the likes of RRpiper, Iron Sheik, and so many more from 80's and early 90's were represented. Major hit for Stern. Still, I look forward to trying this pin and its nice to see Stern adding something new to design and gameplay with the TWD and now WWE.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Whoah, that's your brother in the video? I bet he tilts a lot. A friend of mine is a big guy and he's always getting tilts and can't figure out why. Everyone else sees him manhandling the game but it's like a feather to him.

My bro doesn't really like Pinball so...yeah. lol.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would take water boarding over this.

Ever been water boarded? I'm guessing not...

#139 9 years ago

I'd be all over this but I'm saving my money for their Slim Whitman pin. Slim was one of the best-selling and most influential artists in country music history.

#140 9 years ago

Zero desire. Who watches fake wrestling that has an IQ above a sea cucumber?

Really lame choice. It would be nice to see a pin that is not themed to a movie, car, tv show, product, etc.

Remember those days?

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I'd be all over this but I'm saving my money for their Slim Whitman pin. Slim was one of the best-selling and most influential artists in country music history.

The Zamfir pinball will be better...no wait, the Roger Whitaker pinball!

#142 9 years ago

Oh hell no.....

#143 9 years ago

Not a wrestle fan but still a better theme than WOZ for me

#144 9 years ago

I'm in. This will become the rarest pin ever.

#145 9 years ago

Theme sucks. I'll drop a few quarters in one to play, but would never buy one.

Mike

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

If they have theme music in this and Jim Ross callouts, this is a dream theme for me!!!
» YouTube video

attitude era LE and 80s era LE and I am in!

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

What the hell is a John Cena?

http://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=24766

I don't really expect it to be the same guy but it did catch my eye one day.

#148 9 years ago

Oh, what might have been....

th-635.jpegth-635.jpeg

#149 9 years ago

Since wrestling is basically redneck theatre, maybe the redneck voice actor guy callouts will actually be appropriate this time!

#150 9 years ago

I am NOT a wrestling fan at all, but this layout looks awesome. Not the same old crap. I love how the wrestling ring has kickers that you activate with the flipper buttons. Seems kind of like the magnets on TZ are used as flippers. Innovative idea. Its only too bad that Williams didn't stay open long enough to realize John Trudeau's Aces Escape the Bermuda Triangle pin. Would have been epic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrestlemania-are-you-in/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.