Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

43D4121D-67FB-4AF3-BEC2-4371E326AB12 (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

Friend of mine has the one and only produced Wrecking ball pin. It was made by Pat Lawlor and became the commercial version of banzai run. He’s a bit of a private person so he’s asked me to sell it for him. A while back I posted pictures of the game on the ipdb.org. The game has its own set of rules and roms made for it, also comes with a spare set he had burned as a back up. The upper playfield box is set up differently in wrecking ball then banzai run as well. Pat made the game from a road kings core machine. The coin door cut out if for a dba acceptor which at the time was just being made as well, they were so expensive at the time he had to borrow one and return it. Pm me if seriously interested.

43D4121D-67FB-4AF3-BEC2-4371E326AB12 (resized).jpeg
#3 8 months ago

Very cool!

#4 8 months ago

Wow very interesting.

#5 8 months ago

Any details on how your friend got it? Pretty cool stuff.

#6 8 months ago

Wow...very cool

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

Any details on how your friend got it? Pretty cool stuff.

Was in Pats shed in the early 90s when he took ownership of it. Went from Pat to him and been in mass ever since in private collection

#8 8 months ago

7 flippers?! I thought doing a flipper rebuild on Banzai Run was bad enough.

Love the score displays in the upper playfield, and that the right side of the upper playfield is playable, unlike Banzai Run.

#9 8 months ago

Now that's a real whitewood!

#10 8 months ago

Have you considered uploading the rom to ipdb? Would be a great piece of history to preserve.

#11 8 months ago

Wow, This entire game needs to be preserved.

#12 8 months ago

take some pictures and video

#13 8 months ago

I hope this makes it to the PHOF in Vegas so that it can be enjoyed by many. I know I'd love to play it.

#14 8 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I hope this makes it to the PHOF in Vegas so that it can be enjoyed by many. I know I'd love to play it.

First stop Pinvall Expo 2018!!

#15 8 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Have you considered uploading the rom to ipdb? Would be a great piece of history

I am thinking game roms will be too different to fit Banzai Run??

#16 8 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Have you considered uploading the rom to ipdb? Would be a great piece of history to preserve.

Yeah, having rare code like that in 2 different locations is a smart move.

If a lightning surge kills your game's ROMs, then you find out your spare set has succumbed to bitrot (it happens all the time), you would be glad there is a backup image stored safely off-site.

#18 8 months ago

Absolutely real..!

#19 8 months ago
Quoted from chad:

I am thinking game roms will be too different to fit Banzai Run??

You are correct there--but there are other reasons for uploading them--simple preservation, as a backup, possible later use in a digital table if someone decides to work on one, code comparison & analysis with Banzai Run or other games...

I'm sure a few people would be interested in tinkering with the ROMs.

#21 8 months ago

Super cool.

Lower playfield appears to be identical?

#22 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lower playfield appears to be identical?

Hmmm...extra post blocking the upper flipper from hitting in the up hole - EDIT: instead of the stand up

#23 8 months ago

Would be cool if the ROMs were available so others could (and not that hard probably) remake this unreleased game!

#24 8 months ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Was in Pats shed in the early 90s when he took ownership of it. Went from Pat to him and been in mass ever since in private collection

So your friend bought Pat’s storage shed? Anything else of interest in there?

Very cool to see pictures of this, would be great to play at a convention some day.

#25 8 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Before the nubes roll their eyes, Bitrot is real:

Has someone actually rolled their eyes at that??? Sheesh ... they need to learn how an EPROM works and why it is certainly a real problem!!!

#27 8 months ago

Game is sold. Thanks to all that inquired

#28 8 months ago

I will make a extra donation to pinside as well

#29 8 months ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Congrats to the buyer. I hope it makes an appearance at shows at some point.

#30 8 months ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

A modern video would have been nice...

#31 8 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

A modern video would have been nice...

I agree.

#32 8 months ago

The only video I have now if with the original owner in it so I can’t share it by his request. I will see if the new owner will mind if I make a new one before he takes possession... some of the sounds in the game targets and stuff are repurposed from high speed I think

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside