(Topic ID: 106100)

Wrath of Olympus: PLAYed it at EXPO! WOW!!!!!!!

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fast-times.jpg
reduced.jpg
image-966.jpg
image-789.jpg
can you count suckers the future is ours if you can count.JPG
hwawonyu-making-it-rain.gif
image.jpg
20141016_104524.jpg
grammer silentlee.png
bumper3.jpg
bumper2.jpg
bumper1.jpg
shot map.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LITZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You have probably realized by now I am a pretty risk adverse guy, but I am in on WOOLY.
That should be worth something. I actually see this as VERY little risk for the following reasons:
1. Scott and Frank have patiently waited almost 1.5 years before even declining they would produce the game or even take a deposit.
2. They have done an amazing amount of work in a VERY short time.
3. They have built not 1 but now 2 full prototypes in the past 15 months and made huge improvements from 1.0 to 2.0
4. They are cautious themselves and stand up guys. They have laid out a very good plan for even determining if this goes forward and have clearly stated what that plan is
5. They have contracted with Spooky, which is so far doing a great job building AMH, has shown it can be done with quality, and is learning lots with AMH already. the fact that Charlie would tie his name to this says ALOT to me.
6. These guys have GREAT communication and have explicitly said they are open to constructive criticism, but we need to also respect that the are the designer and coder. I have a lot of respect for guys that can handle themselves in this manner. Very professional yet still nice while not talking any smack about others. They let the game do all the talking.
7. They are smart! They understand the current market and the complex nature of everything and have set up a way to create a fair and minimal risk for all involved.
8. With the current plan it means there is zero risk if 99 other nutballs are not on the same page as someone like me. That is comforting in itself.
9. They gave me enough real world interaction and my gut tells me they can be trusted and respected.

Please don't tell me reason #10 is they have low overhead because manufacturing takes place in some guy's basement.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lol. We know how that works out ....
rd.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Gameplay video??

First post of this thread

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LITZ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-play-it-at-expo?tu=LITZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.