(Topic ID: 106100)

Wrath of Olympus: PLAYed it at EXPO! WOW!!!!!!!

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fast-times.jpg
reduced.jpg
image-966.jpg
image-789.jpg
can you count suckers the future is ours if you can count.JPG
hwawonyu-making-it-rain.gif
image.jpg
20141016_104524.jpg
grammer silentlee.png
bumper3.jpg
bumper2.jpg
bumper1.jpg
shot map.jpg
There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 9 years ago

Wooly looks to have survived the road trip! Stop by tonight to play! Here thru Saturday!image.jpgimage.jpg

#152 9 years ago

Pictures under the hood please

#153 9 years ago

I kinda got excited seeing Buffy next to WOOLY!

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you the coder for 100% of Wooly? just curious.

I did the original porting from the Visual Basic code for the VP table to Python. Also translated the object names(lights, switches, coils) to their PROC counterparts. The chassis, so to speak.

#155 9 years ago

Played a bunch tonight! WOW! Really fun and even better than I remembered.

The layout and shots are great. I am not a fan of how a ball coming slowly out of the right orbit hits the top of the right sling, but that is something that can be fine tuned on each machine to each persons liking.

they have the flippers turned down a little but I was able to cleanly hit every shot after about 8 games of practicing.

The overall code is great but needs some polishing and fine tuning of priority stuff. I am not a fan of the Titan reward scrolling which feels just like CC or CP type font and style. Sorry Frank, just not a fan of that. Luckily the guys reconfirmed that they are committed to all the polishing it will take for the long haul.

Needless to say, I put in for my deposit and look forward to getting my game by this time next year.

#156 9 years ago

If anyone has questions then post them up and I am sure Scott will answer. very refreshing how open they are with everything!

Art is great in person!

I played every new game available tonight and this is the best shooter of the bunch! Do yourself a favor and play it while you have a chance.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not a fan of how a ball coming slowly out of the right orbit hits the top of the right sling

That was my #1 issue in my review of the 5 minute video. I consider it a must-fix bug before shipping. When I asked Scott about the 2 walls that make up that exit and their adjustable properties, I didn't get the feeling that those are moveable walls.

Do you have new information?
-mof

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone has questions then post them up and I am sure Scott will answer. very refreshing how open they are with everything!
Art is great in person!
I played every new game available tonight and this is the best shooter of the bunch! Do yourself a favor and play it while you have a chance.

Were you allowed to play Hobbit?
-mof

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Needless to say, I put in for my deposit and look forward to getting my game by this time next year.

Congrats Hilton!

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Me too. I'm not at Expo but I saw enough at Allentown to know I want this game.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

That was my #1 issue in my review of the 5 minute video. I consider it a must-fix bug before shipping. When I asked Scott about the 2 walls that make up that exit and their adjustable properties, I didn't get the feeling that those are moveable walls.
Do you have new information?
-mof

I do not have confirmation, but it appeared to me that even a small adjustment of that rail would make it either hit the side of the sling or even return to flipper. I looked at it and 1 cunt hair to the left is all it will take. scott and frank are listening closely to feedback and filtering the valuable from the junk.

#162 9 years ago

Worth mention that I had the ability to pick brains on the use of Proc and it is the right choice for this project. there are pros and cons to the different systems coming on the market and proc is the right choice for WOOLY.

Side notE, Gerry from Proc was extremely nice and spent some time talking with me and helping to explain the aspects of what proc does and how.

#163 9 years ago

a red one or a blonde one?

#164 9 years ago

Hope this game gets made - not pre-ordering, but still hope to see it some day.

Scott

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Art is great in person!

Is a shaker implemented/included in this game? Also, will they include a sheet of invisiglass for their price tag?

#166 9 years ago

not sure if this was covered yet. But sounds like Metallica and TOOL are soundtracks in the game. Are these licensed and/or will they remain to stay in the game come production time?

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

not sure if this was covered yet. But sounds like Metallica and TOOL are soundtracks in the game. Are these licensed and/or will they remain to stay in the game come production time?

Placeholders.
-mof

#168 9 years ago

Is anyone else playing this game? Would love to hear some more feedback since I can't be there.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Placeholders.
-mof

Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking. TOOL + WOOLY = awesomeness! I'm sure they'll have a way to replace music like other pins. Just so cool to hear 46and2 when busting into a mode. Cool choice of music for placeholders nonetheless.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just so cool to hear 46and2 when busting into a mode. Cool choice of music for placeholders nonetheless

Did somebody say 46 and 2?!

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

I've seen that before. It's bad ass!

#172 9 years ago

any tally as to the number sold yet?

#173 9 years ago

^^ good question. I would like to know how close they are to the 100 initial run limit.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

any tally as to the number sold yet?

I am guessing that would not be shared?

I can say that I know of at least 5 new people that signed up in the past 24hrs that did not even know about the game before. My best guess is at least 40 deposits in the past 24hrs? I would be very surprised if the game is not a "go" by the end of expo and obviously am pulling for them as I really want my game now that I am paid in

Steady stream of LOTS of people around and very interested and playing. Game is playing nice and I spent TONS of time talking with Scott and Frank.

Sounds like they will be making some website updates in the near future or at least posting info on here. I had lots of questions about what is pre-production and what will be on production games, but probably best to just let Scott list it all out when he gets the time.

#175 9 years ago

The art package and features are amazing.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That is f-ing awsome dude!! The dummer is amazing, not to mention the singer! I've shown it to my 8y/o daughter to give her more enthusiasm about her piano lessons!! Thanks for posting!!

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Is anyone else playing this game? Would love to hear some more feedback since I can't be there.

I really enjoyed it....but - I think the price is a bit too high. I'd be a bit more tempted if it was in the "Spooky" price zone.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I played it Thursday.
Fun game. Lot of shots. Seemed to shot pretty well and had good flow.
I didn't quite know what was going on as I didn't know the rules
My only complaint just because I have young kids are Medusa's nude Ta-Tas on the playfield.
Probably won't be a deal breaker for most but would be hard to explain to my wife.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I played it Thursday.
Fun game. Lot of shots. Seemed to shot pretty well and had good flow.
I didn't quite no what was going on as I didn't know the rules
My only complaint just because I have young kids are Medusa's nude Ta-Tas on the playfield.
Probably won't be a deal breaker for most but would be hard to explain to my wife.

I forgot to mention this, but I asked. The game will come with "modesty adjustments" (i.e. mylar or something tops to cover the titties in case you have a concern for the family).

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

you can store your's at my place until they are old enough, Tom.

#181 9 years ago

His kids? Kind of weird, but I guess if that's how you guys roll...

Is there going to be a Wooly presentation?

#182 9 years ago

Played this game guys and it gets the Derek approval. Two thumbs way up; the new prototype is way better then the original and they fixed all the stuff that I told them needed worked on and let me tell you this game is fast as shit and flows like butter with a ton of satisfying shots. Great job by Frank and Scott on this game.

#183 9 years ago

Derek, are you "in" ?

This would be a way better way to get back in to pinball

#184 9 years ago

Seriously tempted to go home and sell the games off to own TBL , wooly and highway .

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Seriously tempted to go home and sell the games off to own TBL , wooly and highway .

you wont be the only one doing this.

I sold 2 games just to get my WOOLY deposit

#186 9 years ago

If wooly and tbl were available now, i would cancel my mmr and th (from what i have seen so far).
I like the theme of wooly and the gameplay looks very diverse. Hate preordering and even hate waiting a year for a game I want now. Wooly looks very promising (as does tbl).

#187 9 years ago

Is there a WOOLY website?

#188 9 years ago

Just played it again and its a must have!

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Is it a 'give a stranger 8 grand with an unproven background, no backing company, no game for a year or two, and a possible chance to never get your $ or pin?' must have worthy?

^ im not hating; of all the new pins ive seen over the last few months and coming in 2015, this is the one that has my eye the most. I just wish there was more security and quicker turn over - but that's the sacrifice with boutique like pins and I get that. Just trying to mustard the gonads and trust

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

So that makes what, about 50 grand you've dropped so far on pre-orders at Expo?

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So that makes what, about 50 grand you've dropped so far on pre-orders at Expo?

hwawonyu-making-it-rain.gifhwawonyu-making-it-rain.gif
#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

If wooly and tbl were available now, i would cancel my mmr and th (from what i have seen so far).
I like the theme of wooly and the gameplay looks very diverse. Hate preordering and even hate waiting a year for a game I want now. Wooly looks very promising (as does tbl).

I feel like I've posted this a lot in the last 24 hours, but if these pins were all available for purchase and shipping in the next 30 days, I would almost certainly be buying TBL and WOOLY, and possibly even Full Throttle.

#193 9 years ago

Just played it at Expo! The artwork is awesome!!! I thought the upper playfield was impressive and the different multiballs were sweet! I wish I had the chedda for this right now. Goodluck to WOOLY, I think this one is a gem!

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is it a 'give a stranger 8 grand with an unproven background, no backing company, no game for a year or two, and a possible chance to never get your $ or pin?' must have worthy?

A friend of mine once asked me whether or not I thought he should put money down on Mutimophic's P3. I told him that you should only do so if you are 100% comfortable with the fact that you may never see your money again. I would give this same advice to anyone who is thinking about pre-ordering a boutique pin from any new manufacturer. It's a risk, and if you can't afford to possibly lose all your money with nothing to show for it, then you shouldn't be in.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking. TOOL + WOOLY = awesomeness! I'm sure they'll have a way to replace music like other pins. Just so cool to hear 46and2 when busting into a mode. Cool choice of music for placeholders nonetheless.

100% agree. This game needs a good metal soundtrack one way or another.

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A friend of mine once asked me whether or not I thought he should put money down on Mutimophic's P3. I told him that you should only do so if you are 100% comfortable with the fact that you may never see your money again. I would give this same advice to anyone who is thinking about pre-ordering a boutique pin from any new manufacturer. It's a risk, and if you can't afford to possibly lose all your money with nothing to show for it, then you shouldn't be in.

Exactly right.

With that big risk comes the potential big reward.

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I feel like I've posted this a lot in the last 24 hours, but if these pins were all available for purchase and shipping in the next 30 days, I would almost certainly be buying TBL and WOOLY, and possibly even Full Throttle.

Quoted from gweempose:

A friend of mine once asked me whether or not I thought he should put money down on Mutimophic's P3. I told him that you should only do so if you are 100% comfortable with the fact that you may never see your money again. I would give this same advice to anyone who is thinking about pre-ordering a boutique pin from any new manufacturer. It's a risk, and if you can't afford to possibly lose all your money with nothing to show for it, then you shouldn't be in.mo

Yes and yes. I wish they would up the total of pins they would make and have them available at time of shipping. I understand the collectibility but I'm over that. Let me have my game when it's time to produce them and no worries whether my money is safe or not.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly right.
With that big risk comes the potential big reward.

My strategy is buy one on the secondary market if they turn out well. I'm applying it to all my newer pin purchases now. If I have to pay a bit more - it's worth it for someone else to risk the $$.

All said - get those 100 pre-orders so this gets made!

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

^ im not hating; of all the new pins ive seen over the last few months and coming in 2015, this is the one that has my eye the most. I just wish there was more security and quicker turn over - but that's the sacrifice with boutique like pins and I get that. Just trying to mustard the gonads and trust

You have probably realized by now I am a pretty risk adverse guy, but I am in on WOOLY.

That should be worth something. I actually see this as VERY little risk for the following reasons:

1. Scott and Frank have patiently waited almost 1.5 years before even declining they would produce the game or even take a deposit.
2. They have done an amazing amount of work in a VERY short time.
3. They have built not 1 but now 2 full prototypes in the past 15 months and made huge improvements from 1.0 to 2.0
4. They are cautious themselves and stand up guys. They have laid out a very good plan for even determining if this goes forward and have clearly stated what that plan is
5. They have contracted with Spooky, which is so far doing a great job building AMH, has shown it can be done with quality, and is learning lots with AMH already. the fact that Charlie would tie his name to this says ALOT to me.
6. These guys have GREAT communication and have explicitly said they are open to constructive criticism, but we need to also respect that the are the designer and coder. I have a lot of respect for guys that can handle themselves in this manner. Very professional yet still nice while not talking any smack about others. They let the game do all the talking.
7. They are smart! They understand the current market and the complex nature of everything and have set up a way to create a fair and minimal risk for all involved.
8. With the current plan it means there is zero risk if 99 other nutballs are not on the same page as someone like me. That is comforting in itself.
9. They gave me enough real world interaction and my gut tells me they can be trusted and respected.

#200 9 years ago

I keep remembering things from conversations with the WOOLY guys.

All music is currently a place holder (6? original songs included that will stay) but they will include instructions on how to easily insert your own songs which you already own into your game when you have it. Very cool as I like some of the place holders in there but also have some other music that pumps me up that I will put in for certain modes.

There is also some other really cool coding features to this game that I got to see and I am sure they will leak in the future.

Game will come with cointaker non-ghosting LEDs already installed.

Game will come with a premium speaker system (flipper fidelity I think?)

There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-play-it-at-expo/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.