(Topic ID: 106100)

Wrath of Olympus: PLAYed it at EXPO! WOW!!!!!!!

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fast-times.jpg
reduced.jpg
image-966.jpg
image-789.jpg
can you count suckers the future is ours if you can count.JPG
hwawonyu-making-it-rain.gif
image.jpg
20141016_104524.jpg
grammer silentlee.png
bumper3.jpg
bumper2.jpg
bumper1.jpg
shot map.jpg
There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 9 years ago

Just want to put up a plug to remind people to stop by and play WOOLY when you are at expo.

I am in the process of selling a few games to try and hold my spot/ put down a deposit, so I am really hoping 100 other people are doing the same. To be completely honest I think it will sell out with only 250 being made, so consider this a PSA to make sure you do yourself a favor and give this game a chance before it is too late.

Most recent video below. 1k holds your spot, and additional 3500 due by Feb 1, and the remainder when you game is ready to deliver. Great thing is that Spooky is actually putting the game together. Support a small designer and a small manufacturer!

#2 9 years ago

Great looking game, thanks for posting.

Played this at Allentown but was a rough prototype I think.

How much money is it total?

#3 9 years ago

This is the second prototype but close to production. Production will still have some other big improvements, like smooth tooled ramps and custom toy modeling.

Total price is 7995 I think.

1k down to hold your spot. After first 100 reserve a spot, then 4500 total due by Feb 15 2015. After that nothing else due till your specific game is ready to ship. HARD limit of only 250 being made which is great because I enjoy having something collectible and special in my game room.

With Spooky contracted to do the build, and hopefully AMH all being built by then, it sounds like WoOLY will start production about 1 year from now. It brings lots of incentive to this project now that Charlie is doing the build.

Also, the design and build team sounds committed to polishing. I am really pumped for this theme/game and feel the price point is steep on my pocketbook but actually somewhat understandable given the parts, custom work, etc...

#4 9 years ago

Wow- looks awesome!

#5 9 years ago

Looks nice, too expensive.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

At least this one will actually be limited in production.

#7 9 years ago

I am in for this one. I was extremely impressed with the play and the artwork.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I figure for the price it is in the same ballpark of MMR, THLE, STERNLE, TBL, etc...
However, this is the only one limited to a reasonable number. With only 250 and tons going on, the price is a relative bargain.

Granted, ALL NIB pins for 8k is flat out crazy, but at least this one is really going to be rare!

I personally love the layout, art, programming, widebody, 6 flippers, 9 way combo, real skillshot,... Shall i go on?

#9 9 years ago

Is this a p-roc system?

When I saw it at Allentown, it seemed to have a lot of depth to the rules and the DMD animations looks cool, great theme too.

#10 9 years ago

Yes, please do.

#11 9 years ago

Yes, P-Roc. Dots are great and getting better!

I wish they were programming it on the BenHeck board which I feel is far better than P-Roc, but alas I think all the work has already been done in python. Only downside IMHO and the BenHeck board is SWEET!!

#12 9 years ago

WOW! Looks impressive. And already looks so polished 4-5 months from ship date. With each "boutique/small build" prototype being released, its becoming clearer SternLE is going to have to really lift their game. I think Stern will have to concentrate on entry price PRO style models - which is what theyre good at.

#13 9 years ago

just want to mention I have NOTHING to do with WOOLY. I am just a guy that really likes this game and wants to see it get made/ sell out quickly, so I feel better about selling 2 other games just to squeak out a deposit.

#14 9 years ago

Im in for one. Plan on playing this week and handing my deposit to scott in person.

#15 9 years ago

I am in for one too... Anyone else on the old continent?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, P-Roc. Dots are great and getting better!
I wish they were programming it on the BenHeck board which I feel is far better than P-Roc, but alas I think all the work has already been done in python. Only downside IMHO and the BenHeck board is SWEET!!

What the heck Hilton? You've got a feeling? The P-ROC is specifically built to be much more versatile than Ben's board. They're both good at different things, but to say that Ben's board is straight up "far better" than P-ROC is ridiculous.

#17 9 years ago

My buddy is doing the code on this bad boy and he is putting his heart and soul into it; should be one killer game guys

#18 9 years ago

I'd strongly consider this (pending playing it) if i knew if the most breakable parts were available for purchase. I would have to order spare ramps/plastics/unique mechs right away. Does anyone know if these things will be available right away/at all?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What the heck Hilton? You've got a feeling? The P-ROC is specifically built to be much more versatile than Ben's board. They're both good at different things, but to say that Ben's board is straight up "far better" than P-ROC is ridiculous.

just MY feeling. As a pinhead, a SINGLE board in the backbox with clean connections for matrix and simple straightforward design, plus surface mount for the more reliable stuff, sockets for things that may blow, and through hole for the things I may need to repair in the future are all big pluses.

Add on top of that the reduced price tag and now bluetooth interfacable and updateable user front end is pretty slick.

What are the real pros of P-Roc over the Heckboard?

I am sure Ben and board crew are open to making improvements to their board if you let them know.

One of the biggest things is also the price point. From the last time I looked the Heckboard was going to be almost 50% the cost of P-Roc?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

how much is the remainder?

7995 - 4500 (by Feb) = 3495 left

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

7995 - 4500 (by Feb) = 3495 left

you're too quick. i need to read entire thread next time.

#22 9 years ago

Great info - Thanks for posting!

#23 9 years ago

Applaud the effort, and I'm definitely going to try this game out at expo this weekend. I'm just not feeling it at all from a purchase standpoint.

This game may not have the Ben Heck board, but it may have some of the AMH voice actors.

If you're really into Greek mythology and like/don't mind the homegrown vibe, then this could be a winner. At this point there is so much competition for gameroom space, I need to really connect with and be entrenched in the theme and game experience. Not sure this does it for me.

I hope it's successful though, and like I said, it is definitely on my short list of games to try this weekend.

#24 9 years ago

I don't think any of the voice work on this game will have anyone from AMH?

I am pretty sure the ONLY affiliation is that Spooky is manufacturing both AMH and now WOOLY when the time comes.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What are the real pros of P-Roc over the Heckboard?

Versatility and power. You can program in any language you want. Drive any hardware or display you want, etc. You're not stuck to whatever limitations the board has itself.

I'm not sure where you're going with the board design specifics. They're both well designed/built I'm sure.

#26 9 years ago

Answer: So far that I've heard no. Scott and the programmer have done most of the voices. They do sound great.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Versatility and power. You can program in any language you want. Drive any hardware or display you want, etc. You're not stuck to whatever limitations the board has itself.
I'm not sure where you're going with the board design specifics. They're both well designed/built I'm sure.

I have to admit I am pretty ignorrant to all things on this side of hardware and coding, but from what I have seen I like the heckboard and it seems to offer lots of capabilities and a great price point, also it is local and US based which is always a plus to me.

This opinion is at least partly because I have found the explanation and openness to be comforting from Ben and the guy that made the board. On the opposite side, I did not get much help from P-roc guys the past 2 years when trying to ask dumb questions at expo.

Getting off topic here, so back on topic. WOOLY is really cool and I do encourage everyone to at least watch the most recent video and do yourself a favor and go play the game and talk to the RIOT crew at expo. This is a game that I am pretty pumped about (as evidenced by me selling other games just to have a shot at getting a WOOLY).

#28 9 years ago

Thanks for championing for WOOLY Hilton! We're looking forward to showing off our beauty - it's amazing what two dedicated guys have been able to accomplish in such a short time on a hobby budget - be a part of pinball history and come check out and play WOOLY first hand at EXPO!!

And yes! - we are dedicated to making WOOLY all it can be which in part means continued code support and polishing of current code. This is just the beginning - we still have many planned code updates and improvements.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Answer: So far that I've heard no. Scott and the programmer have done most of the voices. They do sound great.

^^ Yup, that's pretty accurate. We've included a few other local voices as well. In addition we're in the process of hopefully securing some professional voice talent for some more high quality voice overs when we secure the 100 deposits.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

And yes! - we are dedicated to making WOOLY all it can be which in part means continued code support and polishing of current code. This is just the beginning - we still have many planned code updates and improvements.

This is REALLY important to me!

Continueed code support and willingness to tweak and make changes post production is a good thing and instills confidence in what is a big purchase for many.

Ben has been doing this as production games roll out and has made some great changes after players get their hands on theri own games in their own homes.

#31 9 years ago

Professional voice work is also VERY important!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to admit I am pretty ignorrant ...

This opinion is at least partly because I have found the explanation and openness to be comforting from Ben and the guy that made the board. On the opposite side, I did not get much help from P-roc guys the past 2 years when trying to ask dumb questions at expo.

What? Really? Gerry's always been very approachable and answered anything about his products at Expo. Are you just making this up to make him look bad? The whole P-ROC community, from the forum to the Gerry himself have always been fantastic about helping people out.

Ben's board isn't even available to the general public yet, is it? And you're whinging that you think it's a shame that this game that has been in (physical) development for more than a year isn't using that?

I know you're pals with Charlie & Ben, but was it really necessary to throw darts at P-ROC? And throw a little poo-poo at Scott & Frank because they're not using Ben's hardware?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Getting off topic here ...

You brought this up, now you want to steer back?

#33 9 years ago

Is the horse dead yet?

Ben's board is great. Gerry's board is great. Ben's board isn't commercially available. Gerry's system is. Was pretty cut and dry for us. Not to mention Ben's board wasn't even known when Frank first started working his miracles for me.

Lastly, the PROC community is absolutely AMAZING. WOOLY wouldn't be where it is today without rock-stars like Eric and the rest of the crew helping us out and paving the path. As for Gerry, he's an absolute rock star as well (just like Ben, Charlie and the rest of the crew from Spooky) and has always been more than happy to help on his forum. My guess is you may have just run into him at a bad time at expo - it's a VERY stressful time for all of us, especially ones that have staked their livelihood on their pinball dreams.

In any case thanks for the support Eric, it's all good. Let's get back to rocking WOOLY at Expo!

#34 9 years ago

edite > horse is dead.

on to better things.

Looking forward to playing WOOLY at expo!!!

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

In any case thanks for the support Eric, it's all good. Let's get back to rocking WOOLY at Expo!

And Rocking is the right word.

I remember when I first met Scott at MGC and he gave me a card with a screenshot of the virtual version of Wrath on it and mentioned he hoped to build it. Having done only the code end of a P-ROC project and knowing I couldn't pull off building a physical game on my own, I was impressed that he was going to try. That was less than 2 years ago and not only did he actually do it, it turned out amazing! Can't wait to play the current build in a few days!

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Im in for one. Plan on playing this week and handing my deposit to scott in person.

That is my plan also!

Scott, I may suggest bringing something so you can provide a reciept to people whom pay a deposit in person. I have a feeling that you will be getting quite a few.

This is the most exciting thing happening at expo to me!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is my plan also!
Scott, I may suggest bringing something so you can provide a reciept to people whom pay a deposit in person. I have a feeling that you will be getting quite a few.
This is the most exciting thing happening at expo to me!

What, you want proof of your deposit?? Yeah, I'll have something to hand people as proof of deposit.

#38 9 years ago

lol, yeah something besides a high 5 would be cool

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ok. But don't forget the high 5. That seals the deal.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ebola tainted high five?

#41 9 years ago

will you updated us when you get 100 deposits in?

I am gonna start taking side bets on an over/under.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

ebola tainted high five?

Dave are you thinking about it?.

#43 9 years ago

A preface to EXPO. Are you ready for a QUEST?

Battle four main Monsters
Collect characters from the Titan War (32 in all)
Try your hand at a 9 shot unique combo (first ever).
Start a cyclops multiball
Unlock the secrets of pandoras box and release the spirits (multiball)
Encounter and defeat 6 other monsters from greek mythology on your quest
Avoid the sirens in a mini-wizard mode by steering your ship to safety for big points.
Start a multiball by ascending OLYMPUS and completing the ZEUS task
Battle HADES in 2 separate hurryups and 1 main godmode
Get charon across the river styx to deliver the dead to hades
move your chariot and escape zeus's lighting bolts
Defeat Medusa for a 4 ball multiball
Battle four main gods on your quest to ascend OLYMPUS!

And there's more .... See you on the battlefield!

#44 9 years ago

so pumped!!!!!!

I am going to need 2 hours with the game all by myself and voice over tutorial please

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Funny -

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dave are you thinking about it?.

ebola? yes. wooly? slight less. I don't do high fives unless you're tall or can jump.

#47 9 years ago

bump.

Get your heads in the game people!!!!!!

#48 9 years ago

This is the first game I've seen where I've considered a 2-for-1 (sell 2 pins to buy a WOOLY). The art and layout are fantastic. I hope the ramps are more clear for production, though.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is the first game I've seen where I've considered a 2-for-1 (sell 2 pins to buy a WOOLY). The art and layout are fantastic. I hope the ramps are more clear for production, though.

They have said that ramps for production will be clear and smooth. Forming ramps and clarity has to do with the tooling and negative being made. I am pretty sure that in a prototype you C&C out of wood to vaccum form. For actuall production you invest a much larger amount into a stainless tooling and then hot stamp. Ramps will be very nice in production.

I am doing a 4 for 1. Where I will likely sell 4 to buy this. Selling 2 now to get my 4500 and other later when my game is ready

#50 9 years ago

I have played this first hand and its truly amazing! I had a BLAST playing and cant wait to hookup with Scott at Expo

There are 567 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-play-it-at-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.